BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Villa - 15th September 2018

Just now, Mr. E said:

That was a very good FK from them to be honest.

Where else was he going to put the ball to score he was hardly going to put it in the opposite corner, if Raya's positioning is better than he saves it.

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Stop singling out Raya.

Merely stating my opinion.

Liked the look of Reed, hard working and unlike the likes of Bennett, Smallwood and Evans he offered something going forward as well. Armstrong looked very lightweight again, he's going to need to toughen up if he is going to make it at this level. Thought Nyambe was excellent again up against some top players as well. Bell was improved on his last performance, but wish he would cross the ball more when he gets forward instead of stopping and coming back inside.

Great free kick, but shiuldnit have been and why is Reed risking it anyway.  As soon as the ref gave it I knew they would score.  Absolute quality free kick though.  2 poor decisions (imho) and another 2 points lost to officials.  I know I know, it will even itself out blah blah etc etc, never seems to for us though.  Brereton?  mmmmm two cameos and if there has been a flash of potential I have missed it.  How long is he gonna get before fans are on his arse.  

Mowbray is his own worst enemy.

He brought on all these attacking players, pushed Bell and Nyambe forward in search of a winner. Then as soon as he got it, and I mean as soon as - literally speaking to Reed and Dack before the restart to tell them to drop deeper. With 15 minutes still to play, asking the lads he brought on to play a defensive shape was a huge gamble.

We have the players to hurt Villa and we let the off the hook.

So disappointing but the responsibility has to lie with the manager. I don’t care about any ‘on paper’ results, we should have won that today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Rather good free kick if you ask me!!!

Me too Waggy. Can't believe some of the shite some folk come out with. I watched it on ESPN in the States and it was a wonder free kick, bent from 2 yards outside of the post to nestle in the bottom corner. Best I've seen since Roberto Carlos.

Well alot of positives to take from that. We more than held our own. Against one of the best teams in the league. It feels like a loss but a draw is a very decent result against a good villa side who needed a win. I thought tony showed his tactical nous and made the right call at the right time which is very pleasing as I have had my doubts about that side of him. Reed played very well when he came on and imo should start over Smallwood next game. It was never a free kick and very harsh to blame him for conceding it. The bell v Williams debate has swung ever more in bells favour. Superb finish from dack and he has served his community well tonight ?. Lastly and frustratingly that is four points dropped already in added time which is a concern. It's still early doors and I have no reason to believe this team won't get better. I believed we would be in a relegation battle for most of the season but I'm pretty confident we will stay up with relative ease. All in all alot to work on but alot of positives to take into the derby game who have just been beaten by Rotherham. Heads up and go again

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, neophox said:

Was impressed with Reed and Bereton..

pure unluck today. Aston Villa is a top side and we matched them. Now on to Derby.

What did I miss?

Definately agree on lack of luck, I thought we were much the better side 1st half, poor postioning by the linesman cost us a goal.  If.he had been in line with the front line he would have seen Dack was inline with Hutton.  Whatever happened to the doubt going to the attacker.  I also thought we.matched Villa 2nd.half until they went behind and we.got our usual eeby geebies about attacking.  Bitterly disappointed.we.did not win that.  I predicted a 3-1 reverse so I should be happy with the point but we have an uncanny knack of making draws feel like defeats.

Edited by USABlue

Just now, Stuart said:

Mowbray is his own worst enemy.

He brought on all these attacking players, pushed Bell and Nyambe forward in search of a winner. Then as soon as he got it, and I mean as soon as - literally speaking to Reed and Dack before the restart to tell them to drop deeper. With 15 minutes still to play, asking the lads he brought on to play a defensive shape was a huge gamble.

We have the players to hurt Villa and we let the off the hook.

So disappointing but the responsibility has to lie with the manager. I don’t care about any ‘on paper’ results, we should have won that today.

But if they'd won the penalty and Tammy Abraham's radar was better tuned? Disappointing to concede 2 points in injury time yet again I agree but I think a draw was a fair result overall.

• Like 1