BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Villa - 15th September 2018

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

I knew it was me you were having a pop at. :lol: 

For some reason it’s not allowed for people (me) to criticise Mowbray “because of all he has done”.

“He is his own worst enemy” is what I said.

Unless you are being obtuse I honestly don’t know why you think he is above criticism. You talk about a “disappointing goal” but fail to notice that it was coming because we invited pressure. Pressure that Mowbray brought on himself by asking attack minded players to drop deep and defend a lead for 20 minutes.

Invited pressure? I cant remember Villa cutting us open once. the 3 at the back worked and Mowbray changed it when Villa went 2 up top and Grealish went wide left. We were still attacking even when we was 1 nil up and in the last 20 mins. That goal wasn't coming at all. Can you why that goal was coming when Villa wasn't created clear cut chances or forcing Raya into saves after saves please?

on the subject of dropping deep. it deny their pacey players space in behind

They scored from a free kick that I thought wasn't after looking at the challenges the ref didn't give fouls for 

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

People are too quick to blame Raya for that free kick imo. Watch it again.

Aside from being a great strike, Raya was telling Charlie where to position that wall and was being ignored. Then when it was being taken, you can see Charlie leaning into the wall (away from the flight of the ball).

If I were Mowbray I'd be asking what the hell Captain Fantastic was thinking. He cost us those points imo.

If he'd been where Raya tried to put him, that ball couldn't have gone where it did 

after watching the full game back this morning you can see Mulgrew ignoring Raya and he just give up. I'm sure Mowbray would have asked questions about it after the game. 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

That was pretty much the concencus of the people I go with and the fans on the bus going home. As we dropped deeper we gave Villa the initiative to get at us. Grealish started to find more room and we were under the cosh. I would rather have packed midfield during this period than the defence to deny the likes of Hourahane and Grealish any space,

Villa didn't even created a good chance when we went 5-4-1. 

Grealish didn't do much in the final third and he hated the Rovers fan chant that he is just a poor Bradley Dack. 

• J*B locked this topic