BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you watch the game you would know and stop asking question. 

the fact of it is you dislike him cos of his agent and nothing else. why you dislike his agent I have no idea but in a number of posts I have asked you to explain why you dislike his agent and so far nothing and always will be

200% agree Pedro. 

Chaddy Nyambe runs forward like a tank and then delivers a ball like a tank awkward and not that accurate once the distance goes beyond 25 yards. If he can play a 30 yard ball along the floor spinning infield onto a running Rovers player then I'll hold my hands up.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Put a great cross in for Graham who should have scored but headed over, another solid performance from the lad.

Was the cross straight or swerving and over what distance did he make it easier for Graham to miss or did Graham make hard work to contact the ball ?

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Nyambe is good enough for our level, If he was any better he wouldn't be at the Rovers.

As an older Rovers supporter I want Rovers to be of a far higher standard than Nyambe is capable of and the empty seats will back me up.

What's Nyambe doing stood in that space for the free kick then ducking out the way of the free kick ?

Please tell blueboy?

Edited by JAL

2 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

While a man in the post may have prevented the shot, it would have played everybody onside. 

Charlie Mulgrew, actually seems to turn to watch the ball go by. Not sure why he did not move. 

You could also say a man on the post would have taken away the shot option. If it plays everyone onside so what? If the cross is played to the forwards, who would be static in the six yard box, I would expect the keeper to deal with it, or more likely a foul to be given to the keeper for the slightest of contact. You have to play the odds.

Edited by rigger
grammer

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

You could also say a man on the post would have taken away the shot option. If it plays everyone onside so what? If the cross is played to the forwards, who would be static in the six yard box, I would expect the keeper to deal with it, or more likely a foul to be given to the keeper for the slightest of contact. You have to play the odds.

We did.

More goals are scored by balls into the box (especially with their height and quality of Abraham etc) than from direct free kicks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Put a player on the line and the opposition will just stick everyone in front of the keeper. It would be suicide. There's a reason no-one does it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Put a player on the line and the opposition will just stick everyone in front of the keeper. It would be suicide. There's a reason no-one does it. 

You are not a good keeper if you cannot deal with a ball lobbed into your box when you are faced with static attackers and you have the  advantage of extra reach with your hands. I cannot see it being anymore suicidal than giving a player a free punt at goal. 

6 hours ago, rigger said:

You are not a good keeper if you cannot deal with a ball lobbed into your box when you are faced with static attackers and you have the  advantage of extra reach with your hands. I cannot see it being anymore suicidal than giving a player a free punt at goal. 

True.  But the ball does not need to be lobbed in. Players could and would make earlier runs. Dacks disallowed header in the first half would have been in no doubt had villa had a man on the post. Although I must admit I’m not sure if this was a direct free kick or if the free kick is too wide to shoot. 9/10 free kicks go high and wide,