BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

14 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Why don’t we all just admit the fact that it was a belting free kick. 

It surely was, but I reckon if Raya was expecting it, he would have saved it. He was expecting a cross and was caught a step or two too far to his left and flat footed. I think in future if there is a free in a similar position, Raya will be further to his right. I don't really blame the wall, Hourihane bent it well around them.

As you say though, it was a great free kick. I didn't know Hourihane had such a strike, to be honest I didn't even know he was left footed. Villa fans going crazy that he isn't starting, be hard to leave him out now... 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

20 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

True.  But the ball does not need to be lobbed in. Players could and would make earlier runs. Dacks disallowed header in the first half would have been in no doubt had villa had a man on the post. Although I must admit I’m not sure if this was a direct free kick or if the free kick is too wide to shoot. 9/10 free kicks go high and wide, 

The ball was coming from a slightly different position

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It surely was, but I reckon if Raya was expecting it, he would have saved it. He was expecting a cross and was caught a step or two too far to his left and flat footed. I think in future if there is a free in a similar position, Raya will be further to his right. I don't really blame the wall, Hourihane bent it well around them.

There's a still on twitter I saw on Saturday night where you can see the wall is too far to their left. It's from right behind the ball and you can just see the outside of the post which should surely be blocked.. Hourihane hit the free kick so well that had we had an extra man on the end, it would have still gone around the wall and in, but had the wall been different it might have changed his mind or execution on what he was going to do. Whether the wall is Raya's fault, or he was ignored, we will never know. I notice that Mowbray blamed the wall a she well in his post match interviews.

Anyway that's off topic. Nyambe was excellent again last night.

Edited by Hasta

• 1 month later...

The thing about Nyambe that might make him more of a target for a Premier league club in January than Dack, is the physical attributes. Big strong and athletic full backs are most certainly in demand. He always had that, but now he seems really comfortable on the ball too. I would say he is a better full back than either to the Ollssons when they were here 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Knew Nyambe was still young, hadn't realised that he was still as young as 21! Easy to forget how well he started the season too.

Rovers 25 & under XI looks pretty decent:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Bell

Travis Davenport

Armstrong Dack Rothwell

Brereton

Subs: Fisher, Grayson, Chapman, Nuttall, Buckley, Magloire, Butterworth

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Knew Nyambe was still young, hadn't realised that he was still as young as 21! Easy to forget how well he started the season too.

Raya

Travis Davenport

Armstrong Dack Rothwell

Brereton

It’s not far off our best XI!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Raya

Travis Davenport

Armstrong Dack Rothwell

Brereton

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Wharton.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Wharton.

Been told that he would rather leave permanently than leave on loan again. Would be a massive shame, but you can’t blame him. Can’t help but feel like it’ll be a big mistake if he does leave, a la O’Connell.

Edited by RV Blue
  • Like 2

Just now, RV Blue said:

Been told that he would rather leave permanently then leave on loan again. Would be a massive shame, but you can’t blame him. Can’t help but feel like it’ll be a big mistake if he does leave, a la O’Connell.

Mixed reviews on the Bury forum, and hardly got a game at Lincoln...

Anyone know what’s going on? Always thought he had potential to be immense.

Anyone else a bit alarmed by how short this new deal is? 2 years is awfully short for a talented 21 year old who plays frequently in the first team. It's also the exact same length as if we just exercised our one-year extension on the existing deal.

I hope at the very least the new deal has an extension too. But I think a 3 or 4 year deal was called for, personally.