BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think it'll do him the world of good to be honest just hope he comes back knock free and raring to go next season.

He needs the extra game time after being unfairly benched so many times.

• Like 2

I have to say I don’t think he’s good enough for a promotion push. Played 100 games and I’ve yet to see him look the slightest bit dangerous going forward, plus he drops too many clangers at the back. Nyambe vs Bennett is a false dichotomy, we need better than both. 

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I have to say I don’t think he’s good enough for a promotion push. Played 100 games and I’ve yet to see him look the slightest bit dangerous going forward, plus he drops too many clangers at the back. Nyambe vs Bennett is a false dichotomy, we need better than both. 

Agree. Nyambe has some decent attributes but I don't think he's ready for the first team yet. Being on the bench won't do his development any good either though. Might be better to loan him out and see how he fares elsewhere for a season. We don't want to end up with another Adam Henley.

The constant swapping of personnel including the player himself really doesn't help a young defender settle into a rhythm and become part of a solid back 4.  Hard perfecting the defensive side of it when you are constantly caught in two minds whether to bomb forward or stay back.  Working in tandem with someone in front of you who you get to know will certainly help that.

The use of Bennett has become a bit ridiculous in recent weeks and needs ironing out next season but if one of your most influential and reliable workhorses is also not one of your best players it creates an awkward problem for a boss.

• Like 2

The Namibians not too happy on Twitter. They seem to think that he's a traitor for not coming sooner. The rationale of, he was too young then, doesn't seem to be resonating with them. They're not happy at all! 

Funny as he's probably their best player.

23 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

The Namibians not too happy on Twitter. They seem to think that he's a traitor for not coming sooner. The rationale of, he was too young then, doesn't seem to be resonating with them. They're not happy at all! 

Funny as he's probably their best player.

Eh, I kind of agree with them to be honest. Although, traitor is strong...just not wholly committed to the cause perhaps, though it's a long way to travel and risks disrupting him breaking into the first team fully.

He wasn't too young...that only applies if he still wasn't good enough, but I'm sure he was good enough two seasons ago. Quite a lot of players have become full, regular internationals for stronger countries at younger ages than 21.

I'm sure they'll forgive him quickly enough when they see his value to their team, as long as he doesn't show reluctance in future.

Edited by bluebruce

Also, having emigrated to the UK at age 9 to be with his mother, would there have ever been a chance that he could represent England at any point? Not sure on the rules etc but he has spent most of his life in this country. Perhaps he realised playing for England was unlikely to happen so has opted now to play for Namibia.

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gas set up that they just call a player up for the tournament after never playing for them before. It seems their fans are positive about it though going off Twitter.

The main thing now is he doesn't get injured. The experience will be great for him. 

I bet the guy who has been dropped from the squad and the guy who will be benched for him are pissed, having helped them qualify to begin with.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, 47er said:

He'll still end up on our bench! :(

Nyambe being away for the summer has played right into Tony's hands unfortunately, it's a great way to get Bennett on the pitch because "Ryan won't have had a pre season".

15 hours ago, arbitro said:

Namibia have conceded an 89th minute own goal after a sterling defensive display in which Nyambe was the stand out defender.

He must be like "ffs again???"

Ya, apparently he played well. It would not surprise me if we got a few bids after this. Surely loads of scouts over there. I really like Nyambe and I think he has huge potential. I hope we don't accept a bid, but it does worry me more than Dack leaving. 

42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He must be like "ffs again???"

Ya, apparently he played well. It would not surprise me if we got a few bids after this. Surely loads of scouts over there. I really like Nyambe and I think he has huge potential. I hope we don't accept a bid, but it does worry me more than Dack leaving. 

I like Nyambe and I think there's definitely a player in there. Just to prove that I'm not negative about everything at Rovers. However I don't think the coaching at Rovers is all it should be, if it was he'd be putting right the weaknesses in his game by now.

• Like 7

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 19:11, neophox said:

Nyambe is ahead everyone fitness wise. Now he will get important experience?

He is and I think it's a great tournament at a good time for him however it will give TM his excuse to shoehorn Bennett in from the seasons start.

He also could be another who gets cashed in on unexpectedly......

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Namibia lost 1-0 to South Africa last night and Nyambe played the full game. I only saw the first half but once again he looked comfortable in the middle of a back three.

I can guarantee he won't look comfortable in the middle of a back 3 here!

• Like 2

I mean, second line of that BBC article... 'Max Gradel's volley and Ryan Nyambe's own goal gave the Elephants a 2-0 lead before Joslin Kamatuka pulled a goal back for Namibia.'

I guess one of those where they gave it to the attacker in the end