BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

Just now, K-Hod said:

Even when they were both fit, Mowbray picked Bennett over Nyambe at times....

In my view, he’s a confidence player and the above won’t have helped with this one bit!

Then if he’s Got that mentality he shouldn’t  be at a club such as rovers and take Everton’s money this summer, we can’t afford passengers.

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Then if he’s Got that mentality he shouldn’t  be at a club such as rovers and take Everton’s money this summer, we can’t afford passengers.

Not sure that really makes sense tbh.

If he’s a confidence player, then the manager needs to work with him on that.

11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Not sure that really makes sense tbh.

If he’s a confidence player, then the manager needs to work with him on that.

It makes more sense that your post on Dack to be fair ?

If he’s a confidence player who’s perennially injured as his 13 starts all season support, we don’t need him around. He’s 22/23? Probably 100 appearances or more? If he’s got that attitude it won’t change and a team like rovers cannot keep carryIng passengers especially in a post COVID world, he needs to man up shape up or we get him gone. Everton I heard had looked at him last summer.

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

It makes more sense that your post on Dack to be fair ?

If he’s a confidence player who’s perennially injured as his 13 starts all season support, we don’t need him around. He’s 22/23? Probably 100 appearances or more? If he’s got that attitude it won’t change and a team like rovers cannot keep carryIng passengers especially in a post COVID world, he needs to man up shape up or we get him gone. Everton I heard had looked at him last summer.

The point being with that was, not selecting our best player is absolute madness.
Back on Nyambe.....

Confidence and attitude aren’t the same thing. 
I don’t think his attitude can be questioned, in fairness. With better management, he could be a better player as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, bazza said:

I think it was the game where he missed a good scoring chance early on that Bradley Dack was co-commentator. Dack said that Ryan refuses to join in after training shooting practice.

Can you imagine Brian Clough allowing that refusal? I'd by whispering in his ear that if he wants to continue being picked at full back he MUST join in shooting and crossing practice.

I mean, it's been pretty well documented over the years that he's one of the top trainers in the squad, always staying behind to do extra work.

I'd imagine it's rather just him prioritising other aspects of his game over shooting practice. Which sort of makes sense when you consider that he is, in fact, a full back. 

• Backroom

Here’s the reason he didn’t play 

He was dropped because his confidence levels are low, that’s a good way to increase his confidence!

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

He was dropped because his confidence levels are low, that’s a good way to increase his confidence!

That’s up there with 

“if there was more due out on the grass today I think he would have scored”

Steve Kean TM levels of delusion

He’s been playing well, still a lot of work to do on end product, but he certainly wasn’t an area of the pitch anybody was worried about.

But he’s obviously not the most demonstrative of characters... just imagine how good he could be if he had a manager that believed in him.

I’ve read Mowbray’s comments in the Telegraph. It’s a repeat of last season with Raya being picked out for criticism and forcing him to look to move clubs. I’m certain the dropping and publicly saying he lacks confidence is designed to force the boy to look at moving. Mowbray wants to be seen as a good man manager, in reality he’s manipulating and is not looking after the best interests of the Rovers which is to get the best out of our young players. Bennett has made no end of mistakes (not all resulting in goals) and doesn’t have positional sense of my two year old grand daughter. What dirt does he have on Mowbray?

• Like 5

Probably be a similar deal to Raya, we'll get about £3m for Nyambe moving on this summer, which will probably go towards a winger that will never play.

At least that way though it's a huge distraction out of the way for Mowbray and he can let Bennett have a full season at right back, because "who else have we got to play there"?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve read Mowbray’s comments in the Telegraph. It’s a repeat of last season with Raya being picked out for criticism and forcing him to look to move clubs. I’m certain the dropping and publicly saying he lacks confidence is designed to force the boy to look at moving. Mowbray wants to be seen as a good man manager, in reality he’s manipulating and is not looking after the best interests of the Rovers which is to get the best out of our young players. Bennett has made no end of mistakes (not all resulting in goals) and doesn’t have positional sense of my two year old grand daughter. What dirt does he have on Mowbray?

Isn’t Nyambes the same agent as Gallagher, Sam Hart, Christian Walton: Simon Conning @ Crown? 

Even our transfer targets in January like Stephy Mavidi are Crown.

Something smells fishy 

Edited by Scotland1

Mowbray's treatment of Nyambe has been nothing short of disgusting. He has never liked the boy, presumably because he fills the only position Bennett can attempt to play. He absolutely devastated his confidence last season with some fairly outlandish comments and it seems like once again he's bearing the brunt of a TM excuse.

Why is he low on confidence? He hasn't made any particularly bad errors lately, or even put in any terrible performances. In fact, I'd say Nyambe has been much improved this season and I've enjoyed watching him tear down the wing on occasion, even if his final ball leaves a lot to be desired at times. He reminds me of a proper full back and he is arguably one of the stronger players in our squad. 

The way Mowbray is painting him out to be sounds like he's a guy that needs an arm around him every now and again. One thing is for certain, you wouldn't see a Harry Redknapp come out and say the things TM has said about Nyambe unless it was absolutely without-a-doubt true, and then you'd probably see the back of the player. To come out in the papers and say his confidence levels aren't right is just bemusing, what a way to protect your player...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Isn’t Nyambes the same agent as Gallagher, Sam Hart, Christian Walton: Simon Conning @ Crown? 

Even our transfer targets in January like Stephy Mavidi are Crown.

Something smells fishy 

Didn't he leave them, allegedly around the time he found himself dropped ?

If he was with that lot he might well have a shiny new contract by now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Didn't he leave them, allegedly around the time he found himself dropped ?

If he was with that lot he might well have a shiny new contract by now.

Seems your right seems he’s now with Midas Sports. 

Maybe that’s the reason behind his dropping didn’t someone say he’s not signed a new contract? Players seem to switch agents when they’re looking for a move don’t they?

7 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Seems your right seems he’s now with Midas Sports. 

Maybe that’s the reason behind his dropping didn’t someone say he’s not signed a new contract? Players seem to switch agents when they’re looking for a move don’t they?

He signed a new contract last season. It was insultingly short. It expires again summer 2021 I believe, if there's no hidden extension.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

"Ryan isn't feeling confident, he said something about a manager who doesn't have much faith in him lingering with the Sword of Damocles over his head, in the prospect of being dropped at any time, for no clear reason, in favour of Captain Fistpump. I dunno, I wasn't really listening because Benno's balls were slapping my chin and his shaft tickling my tonsils.

But I decided to boost Ryan's confidence and reassure him by dropping him for no clear reason in favour of Captain Fistpump. See? He had no need to worry that this could happen at any time, it's happened now. 3 million please, anybody listening, but we'll take 1."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

He signed a new contract last season. It was insultingly short. It expires again summer 2021 I believe, if there's no hidden extension.

So signs on a short term deal despite playing 80 games at that point swaps agent mid way through this season whilst sitting in the bench, now demeaned as a man for not having “confidence”? Rovers twitter had a clip of rhino chasing back and clearing in gallivant manner last week. Seems we are all missing something and the denominator is Mowbray.

Whos Rayas agent?

Something stinks seriously with Tony. We already know HSH sports and there Bereton prior to wasserman, Smallwood and co shared the same agent ex SEM and coyle man Dave Sharon Craig Honeyman.

Rovers are swimming in the same soup just a different blend and far as I’m concerned. No wonder we don’t move from crown and hsh players and managers and that’s why we won’t be going anywhere in a hurry.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching Namibia v Mali and it doesn't look like Ryan (number 22) is playing.

Mali are leading 1-0 and at least look like they have met each other before the game which cannot be said about Namibia. A horrendous pass by the Namibian left back lead to the goal which the keeper stood and watched go past him at his near post. Mali could easily be three up had shots been on target and not narrowly wide.

The Mali physio is something else. Player goes down with a foot injury and this body builder comes on and yanks the foot around through 360 degrees in both directions...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, philipl said:

Watching Namibia v Mali and it doesn't look like Ryan (number 22) is playing.

Mali are leading 1-0 and at least look like they have met each other before the game which cannot be said about Namibia. A horrendous pass by the Namibian left back lead to the goal which the keeper stood and watched go past him at his near post. Mali could easily be three up had shots been on target and not narrowly wide.

The Mali physio is something else. Player goes down with a foot injury and this body builder comes on and yanks the foot around through 360 degrees in both directions...

Nyambe pulled out injured, not sure how serious but we're gonna need Douglas and Bell to get back up to speed pretty darn quick now you'd imagine. Both played 45 mins today I believe.