BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He has signed for more PW than we offered, and there is an option for a rise and a mandatory contract extension based on appearances and Wigan retaining their championnship status. 

There is some performance incentives too, but that has not been elaborated on.

Who drove the one year i dont know, but it appears it may have been Nyambe with everything ratcheting around them staying up..

Had that told to me in last half hour from impeccable source.

Based on above its obvious wigan didnt want to saddle themselves with championship wages in division 1 if they went down.

He gets his salary, they get buffer that if they stay up they trigger extension/or part ways dependent on performance 

Regarding what we offered, you are quite correct which was up from the £3500 he was on

Yes as assumed for a long time they low balled him as it seems they do with lads who've come throught the ranks and have a low stating point. Sounds typical of that penny pinching clown in charge who after pricing fans away is now it seems intent on driving assets away.

Whilst you wouldn't pay Nyambe 10k plus a week he's perfectly entitled to ask for it being a young established championship RB/RWB/Right sided center back.  How can you ask a player to pull his tripe out every week for a fraction of what others are on some who aren't as good as him. Simply because he has come through the ranks, didn't cost a fee and therefore has a lower starting point than those types.

This clown Waggot - IF it's down to him - needs removing from this club as soon as possible the twat might already have had a hand in us missing the play offs.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes as assumed for a long time they low balled him as it seems they do with lads who've come throught the ranks and have a low stating point. Sounds typical of that penny pinching clown in charge who after pricing fans away is now it seems intent on driving assets away.

Whilst you wouldn't pay Nyambe 10k plus a week he's perfectly entitled to ask for it being a young established championship RB/RWB/Right sided center back.  How can you ask a player to pull his tripe out every week for a fraction of what others are on some who aren't as good as him. Simply because he has come through the ranks, didn't cost a fee and therefore has a lower starting point than those types.

This clown Waggot - IF it's down to him - needs removing from this club as soon as possible the twat might already have had a hand in us missing the play offs.

I believe he wanted 6.5k was a figure mentioned to me a few months back,

Considering Gallagher is on an alleged near £20k i dont think what he wanted was silly money 

Not sure what he's settled on, just know its more than what we offered.

Seems we played poker, and in fairness to Nyambe he stuck to his guns and wasnt buying it.

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

So how much did Travis sign up on for four years? A tad more than £3.5k I’ll wager. Seems like we didn’t want to bust a gut to keep him, something our new manager could surely have intervened on if he had rated him. And it seems like not many others did either.

8k is my understanding 

11 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

So how much did Travis sign up on for four years? A tad more than £3.5k I’ll wager. Seems like we didn’t want to bust a gut to keep him, something our new manager could surely have intervened on if he had rated him. And it seems like not many others did either.

I guess it depends on what he was on in the first place most of these guys have different agents and had signed previous terms at different points.

If you were lucky enough to sign your first terms when there was a few more quid knocking about, have the right agent, are liked and highly rated by the club. Then chances are you'll be starting off on more plus further up the park tends to carry a bigger pay packet.

• Like 1

Never watched him week in week out but it always seemed like we were more solid with him in the side.

Absolutely ridiculous just letting him leave like that, especially if he really was asking for 6.5k.

More penny pinching bullshit from bargain basement bonehead management. 

Waggott OUT!

Venkys OUT!

51% NOW!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

He has signed for more PW than we offered, and there is an option for a rise and a mandatory contract extension based on appearances and Wigan retaining their championnship status. 

There is some performance incentives too, but that has not been elaborated on.

Who drove the one year i dont know, but it appears it may have been Nyambe with everything ratcheting around them staying up..

Had that told to me in last half hour from impeccable source.

Based on above its obvious wigan didnt want to saddle themselves with championship wages in division 1 if they went down.

He gets his salary, they get buffer that if they stay up they trigger extension/or part ways dependent on performance 

Regarding what we offered, you are quite correct which was up from the £3500 he was on

Thanks Glen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Never watched him week in week out but it always seemed like we were more solid with him in the side.

Absolutely ridiculous just letting him leave like that, especially if he really was asking for 6.5k.

Waggott OUT!

Venkys OUT!

51% NOW!

What does 51% mean ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I see.

We seem to have been losing in the region of £15m + a year for the last few years. How will the fans find 51% of that ?

We are losing £15m a year due to the ownership. 

If you're happy with the way things are then crack on.

I demand better and am not satisfied with waiting around, hoping and praying for a nicer, kinder slave master.

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

We are losing £15m a year due to the ownership. 

If you're happy with the way things are then crack on.

I demand better and am not satisfied with waiting around, hoping and praying for a nicer, kinder slave master.

You don't address the point that was made. Generally speaking, clubs in the Championship are losing a lot of money - not just the one owned by Venkys. If the "fans" get a majority stake ( and how is that achieved ? ) how will they be able to cover the current level of losses ?

Given that Blackburn has one of the lowest levels of per capita income of any area in the country I would think that Rovers would be a club that would be competitively disadvantaged by what you are proposing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You don't address the point that was made. Generally speaking, clubs in the Championship are losing a lot of money - not just the one owned by Venkys. If the "fans" get a majority stake ( and how is that achieved ? ) how will they be able to cover the current level of losses ?

Given that Blackburn has one of the lowest levels of per capita income of any area in the country I would think that Rovers would be a club that would be competitively disadvantaged by what you are proposing.

Maybe it is that drastic changes throughout the whole game are needed?

What solutions can you forsee?

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Maybe it is that drastic changes throughout the whole game are needed?

What solutions can you forsee?

I don't think drastic changes are needed. As a general point the game is as popular in this country as it has ever been in my lifetime.

There probably is a case for trying to reduce the level of losses that clubs in the Championship accumulate in the attempt to be one of the 3 out of 24 clubs who make it to the Premier League. This will likely require some form of salary cap in the Championship but that is not going to be easy to implement.

12 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't think drastic changes are needed. As a general point the game is as popular in this country as it has ever been in my lifetime.

There probably is a case for trying to reduce the level of losses that clubs in the Championship accumulate in the attempt to be one of the 3 out of 24 clubs who make it to the Premier League. This will likely require some form of salary cap in the Championship but that is not going to be easy to implement.

Losing that kind of money is not sustainable for any club. Change is needed.

I agree a salary cap would be a possible step in the right direction. 

There needs to be fan input and oversight also as without fans football is just another sport. Imagine if we'd have had the power to veto decisions like firing Big Sam or giving Steve Kean a job etc etc etc.

22 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Losing that kind of money is not sustainable for any club. Change is needed.

I agree a salary cap would be a possible step in the right direction. 

There needs to be fan input and oversight also as without fans football is just another sport. Imagine if we'd have had the power to veto decisions like firing Big Sam or giving Steve Kean a job etc etc etc.

Unfortunately, a salary cap would put any promoted teams at a severe disadvantage in the PL and probably consign a lot of clubs to permanent Championship status. Higher frequency of chancers blowing a load of money on promotion pushes that then leave the clubs bankrupt when the cash runs out or they lose interest. Dangerous game.

Really, we need greater solidarity payments from the PL to the rest of the pyramid on an ongoing basis and there should be greater fees and solidarity payments to clubs that have their assets poached by clubs in a higher position. Levelling the playing field (even somewhat) is easy, it’s just that the major players have no interest in doing it and will yank the ladder up at every opportunity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The daftest part of it is that Nyambe at 6.5k pw is bargain basement!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suppose no player explaining the decision to move to a new club would mention money.

Indeed. I do think there might be more to it than just the money in this case though, unlikely Wigan are paying much more than we offered, pezzy as it was. I think there are things he isn't saying that don't involve money. But we'll probably never know.