BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

Most of it is probably said in jest with Samuel he seems to not take things too seriously that's probably why it's hard to get decent shifts out of him on the pitch, coupled with keep playing him out of bloody position of course.

If he isn't jesting he needs more than knee surgery ?

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Says the man who said we should 'send Nyambe back' and has used this board as a personal vendetta against him ever since. You're a joke.

I hope by back he meant to the under 23s?

I would disagree, but he would be entitled to his opinion on that

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I wasn't too fond of Nyambe two years ago. I liked his physical potential and a certain amount of slack needs to be given to an 18-19 year-old cutting their teeth at the pro level, but a team tumbling towards relegation isn't the place for a mistake-prone youngster learning the trade. It would have been ideal for him to have spent that year on loan in League 1 or 2, although we weren't exactly teeming with RBs that year...

But anyone denying the immense improvement he's shown over the past year or so is out to lunch. Easily a Championship-calibre footballer now and he's still only 20.

One thing that's actually really impressed me lately is his ball skills and dribbling. His passing and crossing still need some work, but surprisingly, to me at least, he's emerged as quite a tricky dribbler along the wing.

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Says the man who said we should 'send Nyambe back' and has used this board as a personal vendetta against him ever since. You're a joke.

Not the only player he's made similar comments about...

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ha, I was going to say exactly the same about the Henry thing. A choice between that and  "Ideally I’d like to play in the Premier League for at least three to four years. I’d like to win the Premier League and the Champions League"

FFS!

The q and a the club is doing is good and interesting and a good chance to help the fans be more endearing towards certain players. I think Dom's was a massive backfire. Hilarious all the same. Can't wait for Corry Evans strangest things you have ever seen. Fans trying to talk to me at a service station. Bradley dacks surly has to be his own reflection whilst masterbating in the room that night 

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Nyambe is.... several standards too low for me to be playing for Rovers but then he's not the only one such as been the dross on show since Venkys rolled up.

He offers nothing from an attacking point of view, hes a mixed bag in defence, not very good at heading, passing accuracy is wayward after 25 yards. 

He has that tenancy to keep giving the ball conceding cheap possession .

He lacks vision 

He lacks communication 

Again he's not as bad as some others but then if you and few on here want to talk bollocks claiming you've seen every minute he's played then dont be suprised when someone has a pop at yours and a few others skewed view. 

He's like a young Bradley Orr ....yes boss ?

Rovers need to up the standards on and off the pitch !

Edited by JAL

Having watched Nyambe over the course of 2 and a half years you have to admit he has dramatically improved. He's learnt to use his strength and pace far more effectively. He's poor in the air but so are most full backs - it's why attackers try and pull back in order to be challenging them in the air. That said he isn't the worst header of a ball in history so his weak point isn't terrible

He's not a Premier League player. Not yet at least. He's playing at the level he deserves to be playing at, just like he was doing last season. He came on leaps and bounds in League 1 so I'm hoping for the same this season. His arc of progession, if you will, has been brilliant and similar progress will see him become a very good full back for us in the coming years

17 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

?

What does Ryan Nyambe do well that excites you blueboy I've read your pops at me and your posts on what others have said but nothing from you. 

So what is Ryan Nyambe good at from your point of view . What's he like with the ball and also when he doesn't have the ball.

21 hours ago, JAL said:

What does Ryan Nyambe do well that excites you blueboy I've read your pops at me and your posts on what others have said but nothing from you. 

So what is Ryan Nyambe good at from your point of view . What's he like with the ball and also when he doesn't have the ball.

I don’t think people could take a discussion with you seriously on him, when you’ve made it one of your obsessions to criticise him. It’s clear to a glass eye how much he’s improved since being around the squad full time, yet you’ll only point out his shortfalls!

On 13/09/2018 at 19:00, blueboy3333 said:

He wasn't specific but it was pretty clear what he meant. @Biz even posted that clip of the folk band on Phoenix Nights that turn out not to be singing about shoes. 

I’m sure JAL doesn’t mean it how it sounds, but when you’re simply complaining about Nuttall, Samuel and Nyambe, using terms like “send him back” - it gives a bad impression.

36 minutes ago, Biz said:

I don’t think people could take a discussion with you seriously on him, when you’ve made it one of your obsessions to criticise him. It’s clear to a glass eye how much he’s improved since being around the squad full time, yet you’ll only point out his shortfalls!

I’m sure JAL doesn’t mean it how it sounds, but when you’re simply complaining about Nuttall, Samuel and Nyambe, using terms like “send him back” - it gives a bad impression.

Interesting that you only popped up on since or after Venkys took over.

Rather than wanting to discuss football  you have a cheap pop at me.

Cheers like blueboy and Nyambe mute when it comes to football.

Edited by JAL

6 hours ago, JAL said:

Interesting that you only popped up on since or after Venkys took over.

Rather than wanting to discuss football  you have a cheap pop at me.

Cheers like blueboy and Nyambe mute when it comes to football.

And what football have you ever discussed? other than having this weird obsession with Nyambe and agents? I dont think I have ever seen a post of yours where you are talking 'football'.

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

And what football have you ever discussed? other than having this weird obsession with Nyambe and agents? I dont think I have ever seen a post of yours where you are talking 'football'.

Have a read back on this thread skill wise Nyambe doesn't do it for me, he doesn't master the ball or can't master it, but by my admission this does come with experience after many a hour of training and playing.  Nyambe seems like Mokoena standard on the ball but not as hard when contacting into an opponent. The lad going forward does nothing for me he looks just like he did 4 years ago for the youths except this is now the first team. 

Four years on he's not improved just gained experience for me.

Nyambe simply doesn't offer that competitive edge for me in the right back spot. 

Edited by JAL

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Hahaha. You really are clueless. I'm embarrassed for you. 

Enlighten me then what did he do with the ball for over a hour and half and saying Villa weren't that strong down their left today. Instead of cheap insults talk about what he did control, execution etc.,

Or are you simply on here to peddle a pay rise for him ?

Edited by JAL

1 minute ago, JAL said:

Enlighten me then what did he do with the ball for over a hour and half and saying Villa weren't that strong down their left today. Instead of cheap insults talk about what he did control, execution etc.,

If you watch the game you would know and stop asking question. 

the fact of it is you dislike him cos of his agent and nothing else. why you dislike his agent I have no idea but in a number of posts I have asked you to explain why you dislike his agent and so far nothing and always will be

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Mystifying how anyone can be so wide of the mark. He has developed and improved massively.  It's not a difference of opinion, It's a bone fide fact.

200% agree Pedro. 

• Like 2