Sign in to follow this  
blueboy3333

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

Watching Namibia v Mali and it doesn't look like Ryan (number 22) is playing.

Mali are leading 1-0 and at least look like they have met each other before the game which cannot be said about Namibia. A horrendous pass by the Namibian left back lead to the goal which the keeper stood and watched go past him at his near post. Mali could easily be three up had shots been on target and not narrowly wide.

The Mali physio is something else. Player goes down with a foot injury and this body builder comes on and yanks the foot around through 360 degrees in both directions...

40 minutes ago, philipl said:

Watching Namibia v Mali and it doesn't look like Ryan (number 22) is playing.

Mali are leading 1-0 and at least look like they have met each other before the game which cannot be said about Namibia. A horrendous pass by the Namibian left back lead to the goal which the keeper stood and watched go past him at his near post. Mali could easily be three up had shots been on target and not narrowly wide.

The Mali physio is something else. Player goes down with a foot injury and this body builder comes on and yanks the foot around through 360 degrees in both directions...

Nyambe pulled out injured, not sure how serious but we're gonna need Douglas and Bell to get back up to speed pretty darn quick now you'd imagine. Both played 45 mins today I believe.

Over the years, I don’t remember being as impressed by a players development as I have by Nyambe.

Always showed the physical stats - pace, power, strength, bravery for blocking and aggression for battling.

I initially felt he wouldn’t have the technique to become an asset and potentially thought he’d be a centreback.

Since 2019 though, he has developed this part of his game in my opinion. His crossing, passing and footwork all much improved.

He has also shown mental attributes, trickery to beat a player, when to come inside and when to overlap. I think he is excelling in this style and formation and the free reign to push up the flank makes him a danger.

I love Ryan............The sprinting tank. No-one can stop him once he gets going.

2 hours ago, bazza said:

I love Ryan............The sprinting tank. No-one can stop him once he gets going.

Do you remember the original " Tank " - John Bray ? one of my favourite players when I was kid. That was when full backs were real full backs.

5 hours ago, JBiz said:

Over the years, I don’t remember being as impressed by a players development as I have by Nyambe.

Always showed the physical stats - pace, power, strength, bravery for blocking and aggression for battling.

I initially felt he wouldn’t have the technique to become an asset and potentially thought he’d be a centreback.

Since 2019 though, he has developed this part of his game in my opinion. His crossing, passing and footwork all much improved.

He has also shown mental attributes, trickery to beat a player, when to come inside and when to overlap. I think he is excelling in this style and formation and the free reign to push up the flank makes him a danger.

Terrific young player, hope we are trying hard enough to keep him.

Hard to believe it took until the end of October last season for this lad to even get a start because Mowbray preferred Bennett 😂 

I think he's brilliant, especially on Saturday with him having a hand in both goals. I don't see him signing a new deal here though unfortunately.

New contract needs sorting and before January. No point whinging every year about FFP and going with the academy if we are allowing the likes of Nyambe to leave for nothing.

Any agent worth their salt would be telling Nyambe not to sign anything and see what offers come in as his contract runs down.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

New contract needs sorting and before January. No point whinging every year about FFP and going with the academy if we are allowing the likes of Nyambe to leave for nothing.

11 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

Any agent worth their salt would be telling Nyambe not to sign anything and see what offers come in as his contract runs down.

As long as we don’t offer him up for transfer, or offer him a lower wage than he’s on, and he is under 24 when his contract expires- we’d be due compensation if he left.

Wouldn't be his value but can’t be walking away for free. 

24 minutes ago, JBiz said:

As long as we don’t offer him up for transfer, or offer him a lower wage than he’s on, and he is under 24 when his contract expires- we’d be due compensation if he left.

Wouldn't be his value but can’t be walking away for free. 

How does that work if he moves overseas though? I seem to remember a lad on that Sunderland documentary making a move oveseas and they missed out on any compensation.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

How does that work if he moves overseas though? I seem to remember a lad on that Sunderland documentary making a move oveseas and they missed out on any compensation.

That’s a good point - you’re talking about Josh Maja? I know certain leagues have different rules 

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

That’s a good point - you’re talking about Josh Maja? I know certain leagues have different rules 

He looked a decent player tbh

Just now, DeeCee said:

He looked a decent player tbh

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for-out-of-contract-football-players-the-fpcc-danny-ings-award

Some confusing elements at the end about it being different with EU member states and crossing borders etc.

Can see Nyambe being popular abroad - particularly Italy or Spain, they love proper full backs!

My man of the match last 2 games. This contract situation is becoming urgent. Equally so for Joe Rothwell. 2 huge assets who need tying down. 

Then theres Holtby and JRC before even looking and the urgency of a few big assets expiring next year.