BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years, I don’t remember being as impressed by a players development as I have by Nyambe.

Always showed the physical stats - pace, power, strength, bravery for blocking and aggression for battling.

I initially felt he wouldn’t have the technique to become an asset and potentially thought he’d be a centreback.

Since 2019 though, he has developed this part of his game in my opinion. His crossing, passing and footwork all much improved.

He has also shown mental attributes, trickery to beat a player, when to come inside and when to overlap. I think he is excelling in this style and formation and the free reign to push up the flank makes him a danger.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, JBiz said:

Over the years, I don’t remember being as impressed by a players development as I have by Nyambe.

Always showed the physical stats - pace, power, strength, bravery for blocking and aggression for battling.

I initially felt he wouldn’t have the technique to become an asset and potentially thought he’d be a centreback.

Since 2019 though, he has developed this part of his game in my opinion. His crossing, passing and footwork all much improved.

He has also shown mental attributes, trickery to beat a player, when to come inside and when to overlap. I think he is excelling in this style and formation and the free reign to push up the flank makes him a danger.

Terrific young player, hope we are trying hard enough to keep him.

• Like 5

Hard to believe it took until the end of October last season for this lad to even get a start because Mowbray preferred Bennett ? 

I think he's brilliant, especially on Saturday with him having a hand in both goals. I don't see him signing a new deal here though unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

New contract needs sorting and before January. No point whinging every year about FFP and going with the academy if we are allowing the likes of Nyambe to leave for nothing.

11 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

Any agent worth their salt would be telling Nyambe not to sign anything and see what offers come in as his contract runs down.

As long as we don’t offer him up for transfer, or offer him a lower wage than he’s on, and he is under 24 when his contract expires- we’d be due compensation if he left.

Wouldn't be his value but can’t be walking away for free. 

24 minutes ago, JBiz said:

As long as we don’t offer him up for transfer, or offer him a lower wage than he’s on, and he is under 24 when his contract expires- we’d be due compensation if he left.

Wouldn't be his value but can’t be walking away for free. 

How does that work if he moves overseas though? I seem to remember a lad on that Sunderland documentary making a move oveseas and they missed out on any compensation.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

How does that work if he moves overseas though? I seem to remember a lad on that Sunderland documentary making a move oveseas and they missed out on any compensation.

That’s a good point - you’re talking about Josh Maja? I know certain leagues have different rules 

• Like 1

Just now, DeeCee said:

He looked a decent player tbh

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for-out-of-contract-football-players-the-fpcc-danny-ings-award

Some confusing elements at the end about it being different with EU member states and crossing borders etc.

Can see Nyambe being popular abroad - particularly Italy or Spain, they love proper full backs!

• 2 months later...

I hope Nyambe is brought back into consideration. He's inconsistent and has flaws in his game but he has so much potential, both going forward and defending, and at 23, should get better.

I haven't seen direct quotes from Mowbray as to why he was dropped from the squad for the Barnsley match - and just hope that it wasn't a case of him being scapegoated for the first goal conceded in the previous match, especially, as others were equally and, I think, more culpable, in that case, and Nyambe went on to create the penalty opportunity with a strong run.

It's possible that frustration from the club for the contract situation plays a part. It's really unfortunate he looks to be on his way but with his exposure to first team international football, he was always likely to consider other opportunities, I think. The fact that Mowbray doesn't seem to rate him too highly probably is contributing to his thoughts.

Edit: If Mowbray's going to experiment with 3 centre backs, Nyambe has been playing in that role for Namibia, so, I think should be in consideration, if Bennett is favoured at RWB.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The finger could probably be pointed at Lenihen this season as being as culpable as Nyambie for a few goals conceded. 

Similar with the Douglas/ Bell left flank side of things.

Lenihan still hasn't learnt not to be drawn to the ball un-necessarily. What can be a positive for a midfield player is a negative for a defender.  Jones at Utd is another one with that failing in his game.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lenihan still hasn't learnt not to be drawn to the ball un-necessarily. What can be a positive for a midfield player is a negative for a defender.  Jones at Utd is another one with that failing in his game.

The difference being, Jones is an actual centre half, whereas Lenihan isn't, and never will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The difference being, Jones is an actual centre half, whereas Lenihan isn't, and never will be.

Comparison of these two lads from City and Everton makes me appreciate just how good Phil Jones was at the same age.

• Like 3

We are trapped in the wrong argument again.

It's nothing to do with form: TM has to play THB.

Like many managers in the real world beyond football, he takes the path of least resistance and drops the nice lad, Ryan, right in it.

There is no reason? He means there is no reason fans will accept.

Cowardly management. Spins us a line and we end up arguing amongst ourselves about the wrong thing.

It's not about the journey, Tony, it's about the destination.

And teenage loanees aren't taking us there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

No mention of that supposed 12 month option here. Sounds like ‘you don’t sign, you don’t play’.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19104096.mowbray-outlines-prospect-rovers-agreeing-new-nyambe-deal/

Such a patronising manager.

There’s no way Nyambe is going sign a new contract for Mowbray.

Mowbray has treated him disgracefully throughout his time here, the club lacks any ambition, and is now offering peanuts even compared to other Championship clubs.

Venkys wanted to throw money at the team and Mowbray, according to himself, told them to keep their cash and he would build the club in the right way. This is the end result. No promotion prospects, demotivated players, no money? And the excuse? Blaming the Blackburn Rovers pauper brand that they have helped create - even alienating supporters to help perpetuate the myth. We were a proud club, now we are ashamed.

If Venkys really cared, they would not be letting these things happen.

• Like 2