• Bennett
    • Dack
    • Armstrong
    • Graham
    • Reed
    • Williams
    • Brereton

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

Brereton looked lively a few times when the ball dropped to him inside the box but like a fish out of water out wide and yes I know he's only 19 but he's very lightweight I thought we were buying a lad with physical attributes ?

Genuine question, no judgement of Brereton's abilities at all, but how does the 'loan with a view to permanent move' work ?

Are we committed to signing him or can we simply send him back in January if things don't work out?

58 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Genuine question, no judgement of Brereton's abilities at all, but how does the 'loan with a view to permanent move' work ?

Are we committed to signing him or can we simply send him back in January if things don't work out?

I've heard different versions, we are committed sign him so basically he's ours now whatever it's just that it has to wait till after Jan to be rubber stamped.

Also, we can back out but they can't is another version.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I doubt they agreed to that.

Me neither but it was doing the rounds.

Basically he's our player now full time they probably just don't have to start paying for him aside from a deposit classed as a loan fee until after Jan.

I hope to god they don't plant to sell to buy this lad !

7 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Arms can’t be offside.

I stand corrected. I guess it comes down to how much of his upper body the linesman deemed offside.

From a free kick though Dack shouldn’t be giving the linesman a decision really but it looks like he has been robbed there.

47 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I stand corrected. I guess it comes down to how much of his upper body the linesman deemed offside.

From a free kick though Dack shouldn’t be giving the linesman a decision really but it looks like he has been robbed there.

When it is as close as this the Assistants are instructed to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking side. The Assistant didn't appear to be in line with the second rear most defender.

• Like 2

Wasnt at the game and only just saw the goal highlights yesterday. I thought some people were overreacting talking about the keeper and walls fault for letting a direct free kick in...however having seen the highlights the wall was very poor. The ball didnt go up and over the wall it went through the massive gap left to the keepers right. There were only 3 in the wall, one or two more would have stopped that free kick. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

What are you talking about? If he is onside he has every right to give the linesman a decision, its up the the linesman to get it right. Whats he supposed to do, stand 5 feet onside in case the linesman gets it wrong? The attacker is meant to get the benefit in these situations. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

I hope we don't get that linesman again. Seems like the type who judges tricky players offside because their eyes can't keep up with them.

• J*B unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, arbitro said:

When it is as close as this the Assistants are instructed to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking side. The Assistant didn't appear to be in line with the second rear most defender.

7 hours ago, booth said:

I hope we don't get that linesman again. Seems like the type who judges tricky players offside because their eyes can't keep up with them.

It’s nice to converse with people who are capable of civilised interaction.