BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County vs Rovers, Tues 18th Sept

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would expect to us to play similar to the Brentford performance at home. Playing either Armstrong or Brereton as the main striker. Graham wont be able to start to fitness and 2 games in 4 days isnt something he can do now from the start

Bennett surely wont play as a 10 again though with Dack back. 

Im sure player unavailability was part of the thinking v Brentford. We need to allow Dack and co to try and prey on mistakes from Derby overplaying at the back.

Bennett is an interesting one. He’s become “Mr Blackburn Rovers”  in the current set up, but he’s really ineffictive in an attacking role. He’s got so much passion and desire, which is what playing for this club is all about, which makes it impossible to drop him. Whenever he switches to a central midfield role, he is absolutely immense but I can’t see him ever getting a regular starting spot in CM. 

I do think there will come a point in this season where those players who are in the team mainly for their desire and passion, such as Bennett and Smallwood, may be replaced by more talented players, such as Reed and Palmer. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hull are shit.  I've seen him enough times to know he's not a target man.  And let's be fair, we do whack it up a bit. I'd play him just behind Graham/ Brereton in a 4312.....

This looks tasty:

---------------------Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

-------Bennett Evans Rothwell

---------------------Dack

-----------Brereton Graham

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bennett surely wont play as a 10 again though with Dack back. 

Im sure player unavailability was part of the thinking v Brentford. We need to allow Dack and co to try and prey on mistakes from Derby overplaying at the back.

Did I ever say drop Dack?

But I expect similar tactics we played against Brentford. We press them at time and sit backs at times. Didnt you miss the Brentford game? 

8 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Just our luck that when he scored 5 - the guy from Bolton scored 5 on the same Saturday.

Who was that ?

I remember as a kid being over the moon that Garners name was in the Guinness book of records alongside people like Rush for scoring 5 in one league game. We didn't have much to celebrate then and I was surrounded by plastic scousers !

5 hours ago, 47er said:

Assuming Brereton is good enough.....

TM is no mug, and has seen something about the lad that he believes warrants his signing - we haven't seen for ourselves what young Ben is capable of yet, but given TM's nous and experience in the game, I'd be very very surprised if there wasn't something 'special' about young Mr Brereton. Football is a confidence game as much as anything else, though it often needs a bit of time for players to bed in, especially when a) there are 'star' individuals already catching the fans' eye and b) where the team has a high degree of confidence and a settled style of play

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The guy from Bolton - Tony Caldwell.

Well remembered that man!

A bit of googling. Garns and Caldwell (v Walsall) both scored 5 on 10 Sept 83. Rush scored 5 v Luton October 83 - not on the same day as I thought.

The play off games v Derby are easily in my top twenty of all time and the 4-2 win at Ewood right up there with the very best. What a game. 2 nil down early on. Here we go, blown it yet again.  Speedie (2) Newell and Sellers saw them off. The atmosphere at the back of the BBE was crazy. The away leg was incredibly tense. Derby were a good team. Kevin Moran scoring with a typically brave header, the image never to be forgotten as he leapt above the Derby defence and time stood still as he seemed to hover up there for a couple of minutes before crashing the ball home.

• Like 2

I thought Bennett was very poor against Villa, probably our worst player. He will always give 100%, but he kept losing the ball and offered nothing in attack.  Rothwell or Palmer in there for me. We are in for a long ,hard season. I would like if our midfield "2" consisted of a combination of Smallwood, Evans, Reed or Bennett , depending on fatigue etc. Poor Travis though...I see he was back with the under 23s last night. He needed to go on loan badly. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bob fleming said:

The play off games v Derby are easily in my top twenty of all time and the 4-2 win at Ewood right up there with the very best. What a game. 2 nil down early on. Here we go, blown it yet again.  Speedie (2) Newell and Sellers saw them off. The atmosphere at the back of the BBE was crazy. The away leg was incredibly tense. Derby were a good team. Kevin Moran scoring with a typically brave header, the image never to be forgotten as he leapt above the Derby defence and time stood still as he seemed to hover up there for a couple of minutes before crashing the ball home.

That's still the only game I've been to where the crowd carried on singing right through the half time interval.

• Like 1