BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley in bother.

At the start of the season I had intended to put a bet on Rovers getting promoted and Burnley relegated. A long shot on Rovers - but I always felt Burnley would be at risk due to the extra commitments of Europe. However - now they have been knocked out I expect them to pick up enough points to avoid relegation.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

At the start of the season I had intended to put a bet on Rovers getting promoted and Burnley relegated. A long shot on Rovers - but I always felt Burnley would be at risk due to the extra commitments of Europe. However - now they have been knocked out I expect them to pick up enough points to avoid relegation.

Huddersfield and Cardiff are probably down now ! So only one place up for grabs , Brighton , New castle , Burnley and someone to fall through pack !!

• Like 1

They’re also in bother with this, a club that finished 7th in the Premier League asking for free workers on match days, there is even a job description which looks an awful lot like what I would think a sterward’s job description would look like (and these free workers don’t even get to see the match) - disgraceful.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

They’re also in bother with this, a club that finished 7th in the Premier League asking for free workers on match days, there is even a job description which looks an awful lot like what I would think a sterward’s job description would look like (and these free workers don’t even get to see the match) - disgraceful.

Was just going to post this. 

Cant even describe how despicable I find it for a multi million pound football club to milk their supporters and local community for free stewarding. Beyond the pale.

edit - the legality of advertising a volunteer position like that is dubious at best, too. 

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

For the first time in several years, it is debatable which team between us has the better future today.

The next three games are critical for the dingles. Another three performances like that at Wolves and the likelihood of relegation will already be over 90%.

They need a scrappy win from somewhere or at least three performances which suggest they can get back to last season's level of effort and commitment. 

They had a number of flukey results last year they were always unlikely to repeat this time around but I felt par for their squad was much more likely to be 15th without too much relegation alarm rather than 20th and dropping like a stone.

Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Cardiff the next 3. I think they need at least 6 points from those games or they're in serious trouble. Even if they got 6 points they'd still only have 7 points from 8 games which is likely to be relegation form especially given the kind fixtures they've had. I'll be delighted if they get 3 points or less out of those.

I'm sure if Northchoke were doing their corporate hospitality people would be all over it saying how disgraceful the Walker Family are. ?

I thought Dyche was great and clubs like West Ham should be lining up for his services over those useless foreigners like Pellegrini? ? Now because they are supposedly exhausted by a few European games in September they are as good as relegated? Granted Europe or not it might be hard to match last season but thought they had such strong foundations? Kinda like how John Williams couldn't be relegat...erm...anyway...

Lets be honest. They squad is a good Championship one. The came 7th last year due to getting on a stubborn run. Ultimately they don't have a huge amount of quality, particularly in the attacking areas. Plus now they have Joe Fart on goals, so that is already a few points dropped where Heaton or Pope would have saved them. 

If we got them in the cup this year, I wouldn't be thinking defeat is as foregone a conclusion as last year. I would actually fancy our chances, home or away

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Cardiff the next 3. I think they need at least 6 points from those games or they're in serious trouble. Even if they got 6 points they'd still only have 7 points from 8 games which is likely to be relegation form especially given the kind fixtures they've had. I'll be delighted if they get 3 points or less out of those.

I can see 1 point there, a draw with Huddersfield 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lets be honest. They squad is a good Championship one. The came 7th last year due to getting on a stubborn run. Ultimately they don't have a huge amount of quality, particularly in the attacking areas. Plus now they have Joe Fart on goals, so that is already a few points dropped where Heaton or Pope would have saved them. 

If we got them in the cup this year, I wouldn't be thinking defeat is as foregone a conclusion as last year. I would actually fancy our chances, home or away

Hart actually did really well for them on Sunday.....

34 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I'm sure if Northchoke were doing their corporate hospitality people would be all over it saying how disgraceful the Walker Family are. ?

I thought Dyche was great and clubs like West Ham should be lining up for his services over those useless foreigners like Pellegrini? ? Now because they are supposedly exhausted by a few European games in September they are as good as relegated? Granted Europe or not it might be hard to match last season but thought they had such strong foundations? Kinda like how John Williams couldn't be relegat...erm...anyway...

Off topic point scoring again. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RV Blue said:

That's absolutely mental.

Burnley now withdrawn that Tweet I think.

Even Burnley Express is outraged

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/shameful-burnley-football-club-slammed-by-fans-for-unpaid-work-ad-1-9354550

Spectacular own goal really, and describing football club helpers as "heroes" is an insult to genuine heroes who give their lives on the battlefield