BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Free Football Autobiographies

I have around 120 (I've never counted them) football related autobiographies that I am looking to give away. The majority are players and managers with a smattering of referees. They are all in decent condition. Please PM me if you are interested in them.

The only stipulations are that they would have to be collected and it would be an all or nothing offer.

Paul McGrath best autobiography iv read

Recently read the Graeme Souness autobiography which was good although not much dedicated to Rovers.

One part i found very interesting was that part of the fall out with Dunn was due to Souness wanting Dunn to play as a holding midfielder whilst Dunn saw himself as a Gazza type

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Recently read the Graeme Souness autobiography which was good although not much dedicated to Rovers.

One part i found very interesting was that part of the fall out with Dunn was due to Souness wanting Dunn to play as a holding midfielder whilst Dunn saw himself as a Gazza type

Paul McGrath's book was quite harrowing to read I thought. His honesty and frankness says a lot about him. In a similar vein Tony Adams gives a warts and all account of his life in his book.

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Paul McGrath's book was quite harrowing to read I thought. His honesty and frankness says a lot about him. In a similar vein Tony Adams gives a warts and all account of his life in his book.

I couldn't put either of them down.

Non football but really enjoyed Ronnie O'Sullivan autobiography and Jimmy Whites was laughing to myself the majority of Whites 

18 hours ago, islander200 said:

I read the section on Rovers in Easons one day. Sorry Graham! He spoke in very high terms of the club and in particular John Williams, although he said he used to annoy him constantly turning p at training asking questions. He said he shouldn't have left to go to Newcastle. It sounds like Rovers was the last job he enjoyed in management 

Mersons a good, easy read. Mcgraths is good, if harrowing.

My favorite though was Robin Fridays, the greatest footballer you never saw. What a book. I got half way through and then lost it somewhere, so reordered it to finish it.  Next favorite then is Eamonn Dunphys. it is very well written. Although I think he toned down his antics a lot for the book. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

18 hours ago, islander200 said:

I'd fall out with him too. We already had one of the best holding midfielders in the country in Tugay.

Baz Rathbone's "The smell of football " is very funny and entertaining. He is a real character Baz and his book has loads of good Rovers memories as you would imagine. His Russell Coughlin anecdotes are worth the admission price alone. 

Edited by Colt Seavers

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mersons a good, easy read. Mcgraths is good, if harrowing.

My favorite though was Robin Fridays, the greatest footballer you never saw. What a book. I got half way through and then lost it somewhere, so reordered it to finish it.  Next favorite then is Eamonn Dunphys. it is very well written. Although I think he toned down his antics a lot for the book. 

I read Eamonn Dunphy's book years ago. Very good insight into the life of a pro player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give over.  Probably full of his bull about having mental problems....nowt wrong with him owes people money everywhere. Proper snide...(in my opinion)

He may owe people money but clearly the guy has mental health issues, he did try to kill himself, you don't do things like that if you have nowt wrong with you 

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's never really tried as he? Mate seriously you ain't got a clue.. he's a wrong un.

He never tried? he walked in front of a on coming traffic and was hit by a lorry wasn't he?.His mental health issues are well documented...what do you know that proves different?Its easy to say i havent got a clue or call him a wrong un.

Unless you have absolute proof that he doesnt suffer from serious mental health issues then its bad taste to comment on such an issue like you have.

If you have proof fair enough 

• Like 1