BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Free Football Autobiographies

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has two actually. One is the rough and ready from when he was a player the other was written more recently. Sounds like you read the first one? I am meaning to read that for a while 

I didn't know that. The one I read was more about his time as a player with Millwall. It's very good on the mentality of players. Especially regarding the guys who aren't playing at the top level. It must be at least 20 years since I read it so it may be a little dated by now.  Well worth a read though.

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:55, Sparks Rover said:

Give over.  Probably full of his bull about having mental problems....nowt wrong with him owes people money everywhere. Proper snide...(in my opinion)

Grow up. He walked into oncoming traffic. He was also found last year after going missing due to his illness and ended up in a secure unit for a time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't believe all that mate. There are people that know the truth about poor Clarke 

You dont believe he walked in front of oncoming traffic?

No disrespect but unless the people you know are privvy to his medical record or can somehow get inside Carlisle's head then how would they know?

He threw himself in front of a lorry and was badly injured

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever read a rovers players autobiography that has revealed anything interesting most didn't already know. In fact most are just a chapter or two sandwiched between another club they would rather associate thereselves with. I'm waiting for my year at St Andrews to come out by David dunn

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don't think I've ever read a rovers players autobiography that has revealed anything interesting most didn't already know. In fact most are just a chapter or two sandwiched between another club they would rather associate thereselves with. I'm waiting for my year at St Andrews to come out by David dunn

Matty holmes, youri djyorkieff and shabani nonda have all dedicated 90% of their books on rovers...i also hear steve kean is bringing a book out.  Its called 'the bullshit man'.

42 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Very generous of you Tony to give all those books away. Isn’t it time you did your own? ?

Patty has been working on his for quite some time now, I don’t know whether it will ever see the light of day tbh.

I was asked by Tony Livesey to do one and he offered his help but I never got round to anything. I didn't know Mark was working on one - perhaps he'll tell a story about when I booked him at Norwich when he was with Sheff Utd. He reminds me of it each time I see him.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was asked by Tony Livesey to do one and he offered his help but I never got round to anything. I didn't know Mark was working on one - perhaps he'll tell a story about when I booked him at Norwich when he was with Sheff Utd. He reminds me of it each time I see him.

Perhaps a non-libellous Q&A on here!? Like who is the biggest ham-shanker you ever reffed?

I've no idea who you are BTW, just that you were obviously a good standard ref at some point. 

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Perhaps a non-libellous Q&A on here!? Like who is the biggest ham-shanker you ever reffed?

I've no idea who you are BTW, just that you were obviously a good standard ref at some point. 

Although I didn't actually referee Neil Warnock he was really difficult to manage. I quickly learned to give as good as I got with him. He was disingenuous and could be nasty if allowed. Neil Ruddock always looked to take liberties and bully inexperienced referees. He appreciated a few profanities in retaliation to some of his comments. That's not to say I condone swearing from referees but finding a weak spot with certain players helped in the game management sometimes.

• Like 1