SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS VS STOKE CITY

Raya

Nyambe

Bennett Reed Smallwood Evans Rothwell

Dack  Palmer

Graham  Brereton

It's about time Nyambe started to learn to defend on his own. I prefer my defenders to be able to defend alone.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Raya

Nyambe

Bennett Reed Smallwood Evans Rothwell

Dack  Palmer

Graham  Brereton

It's about time Nyambe started to learn to defend on his own. I prefer my defenders to be able to defend alone.

Ha ha, good one 

The libero is very underutilised these days 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Stoke fans seem to be thinking they are going to give us a hiding, few comments such as:

" Fuck me Blackburn look shit. I can't believe we are toiling so hard at this level"

" Be lovely to pull the last couple of weeks' performances together and give someone a tonking, while it's still early enough in the season to climb back above mid table without too much trouble - I really really don't rate Blackburn, so wonder if this is going to be the day?"

" It's all about Bradley Dack. Luckily for us now, we have a certain Ryan Woods playing in the exact position to stop him. We'll win, 2-0."

32 minutes ago, AAK said:

Stoke fans seem to be thinking they are going to give us a hiding, few comments such as:

" Fuck me Blackburn look shit. I can't believe we are toiling so hard at this level"

" Be lovely to pull the last couple of weeks' performances together and give someone a tonking, while it's still early enough in the season to climb back above mid table without too much trouble - I really really don't rate Blackburn, so wonder if this is going to be the day?"

" It's all about Bradley Dack. Luckily for us now, we have a certain Ryan Woods playing in the exact position to stop him. We'll win, 2-0."

Get that pinned up in the dressing room

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

I see them as playing in the middle and able to run wide for attacks. I'd like to see:

---------------------Raya

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Bell

-------Bennett  Reed  Rothwell

---------------------Dack

----------Graham  Armstrong

I know it's never been played, but those 3 in the middle are full of workrare and running, equally capable of defending if we're under the cosh, or filling in for the full backs as they bomb on, or (particularly Bennett and Rothwell) getting wide and forward in support of the attack.

It may be my backside talking, but I like that side.

I like it too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

I see them as playing in the middle and able to run wide for attacks. I'd like to see:

I know it's never been played, but those 3 in the middle are full of workrare and running, equally capable of defending if we're under the cosh, or filling in for the full backs as they bomb on, or (particularly Bennett and Rothwell) getting wide and forward in support of the attack.

It may be my backside talking, but I like that side.

Mike,  I like the look of that side also.  I think at Ewood it would be great but away, when we have to dig in defensively then unfortunately I believe we would get absolutely trashed.  We need something or someone, may be more than one, who is prepared or has the ability to defend.  In the line up you propose, only Bennett from midfield would be capable.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why on every single match thread do people suggest formations that we have never played? Is it not a bit of a waste of time? 

Not really. If we based everything on what TM did, he'd never get any criticism.

• Like 1

• Backroom

The debate TM should be having in his mind (imo) is which one to play up front?

The pace of Armstrong may give us an outlet from a counter attacking POV, stretching the defence, leaving space for Dack.

Graham, however, has those street smarts in holding the ball up to be laid off for Dack in tight spots.

I'm honestly not sure which I'd pick.

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can definitely see us getting at least a draw. 

What concerns me is that we lost 4-1 away to Bristol and 4-1 wouldn't have flattered Derby(going off the highlights anyway) , so we need to up our game big time. 

Injection of energy needed IMO. I agree with Chaddys team, although I find the call between Smallwood and Evans very difficult. We will need a gritty display, so would give Smallwood the nod as well, just about. 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Smallwood Reed

Bennett          Dack        Rothwell

Brereton

Put Evans in for Smallwood and that would be my side tomorrow. If Brereton isn’t getting a sniff, like the other night we can bring Graham. Have a feeling Palmer may have more of an impact off the bench and Armstrong for me needs the day off, start him at Bournemouth. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike E said:

This the ol AC Milan formation. I think Nyambe and Bell are up to the job. I sometimes have to use this FM, when I have a classy AMC. I have to play in his favourite position. This is a formation that Armstrong could excel in. He needs to be in a 2 up top, and a Dack in behind, playing through balls. The midfield three will support full backs going forward more.Bennetts best poition, and Reed `and Rothwell need a turn.

Edited by Fraserkirky

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

The debate TM should be having in his mind (imo) is which one to play up front?

The pace of Armstrong may give us an outlet from a counter attacking POV, stretching the defence, leaving space for Dack.

Graham, however, has those street smarts in holding the ball up to be laid off for Dack in tight spots.

I'm honestly not sure which I'd pick.

I do, pick 'em both as you previously suggested.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Come on Rovers!!!

I agree, I'm really excited about our prospects today and about Rovers in general. We've an embarrassment of attacking options without having a natural wide man, which I find odd. I've also been worried about us at the back for seasons but was heartened by Williams and Lenighan performances at Derby when we were under the cosh for so long. I also think both Bell and Nyambe have been superb at full back all season so far.

I think we're coming away from The Potteries with 3 points today.

From North Carolina, thanks ifollow too, COYB!!!

19 minutes ago, bluefred said:

I think we need to play both rothwell and reed .

Line up for me (is Sir Charlie fit to play?):

Raya

Nyambe       Lenighan    Williams/Mulgrew    Bell

Smallwood/Evans

Bennett          Reed       Rothwell 

Dack

Armstrong/Brereton    Graham   

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Raya

Smallwood/Evans

Dack

You're playing 12 again...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Raya

Smallwood/Evans

Dack

It's the new 4-5-2 formation

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, philipl said:

Great preview!

Bristol City beat Swansea City 1-0 then best us 4-1.

Stoke City beat Swansea City 1-0 then play us...

Let us all hope not ...

Stoke are better than their league position suggests in past seasons we have been masters at giving teams a helping hand who are struggling   , could be a difficult afternoon..

• Like 1