BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS VS STOKE CITY

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Saw we were 0-2 up at half time. Said I won't check now til the game is over because chances are it will be 1-2 when I check and then I will just have to keep checking. 

So when I clicked on at 16.47 it was 2-3 and my app told me Stoke had just won a  penalty. Oh Rovers. Never boring 

I did the same thing, except at 3-0 rather than 2-0. Imagine my horror when my phone takes it upon itself to let me know it's 3-2 with ten minutes left. Thanks for that. 

Great result though, especially after the performance at Derby. Well done Rovers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Gull said:

We played very well for 3/4’s of that game, Stoke were always going to have a spell and they took their chances almost as well as we did, the Crouch header and pen almost outdoing Dack’s failed attempt in the second half, great result from in the end!

This league is so tight, 5 points separate top half of the table, the Ipswich and Villa late goals have cost us being joint top! Madness. 

That's the thing, I think we should be higher up the league. Still going well though 

Just now, DE. said:

I did the same thing, except at 3-0 rather than 2-0. Imagine my horror when my phone takes it upon itself to let me know it's 3-2 with ten minutes left. Thanks for that. 

Great result though, especially after the performance at Derby. Well done Rovers!

If I checked at 0-3, I still wouldn't have been confident. I think if Dack scored the 4th there, we could have relaxed. Crazy stuff. Great 3 points regardless. A decent run coming up too. I think we are well placed. 

Looking forward to watching the highlights later. Mowbray has brought that joy back to me. 

On another note great results without Mulgrew. 4 points from Derby and Stoke away. I think Mulgrew will come back refreshed now as well. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If I checked at 0-3, I still wouldn't have been confident. I think if Dack scored the 4th there, we could have relaxed. Crazy stuff. Great 3 points regardless. A decent run coming up too. I think we are well placed. 

Looking forward to watching the highlights later. Mowbray has brought that joy back to me. 

On another note great results without Mulgrew. 4 points from Derby and Stoke away. I think Mulgrew will come back refreshed now as well. 

Personally I don't think Mulgrew is as important to us now as he was last season. A fantastic free kick and penalty taker, but as a defender he's pretty slow and has some real lapses of concentration positionally. If we're sensible we can replace him without too much bother imo. Graham and Dack would be much harder to replace. Bennett a bit of an unsung hero as well, he'd be missed if he wasn't around.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Personally I don't think Mulgrew is as important to us now as he was last season. A fantastic free kick and penalty taker, but as a defender he's pretty slow and has some real lapses of concentration positionally. If we're sensible we can replace him without too much bother imo. Graham and Dack would be much harder to replace. Bennett a bit of an unsung hero as well, he'd be missed if he wasn't around.

Maybe away, but I think at home when we have more of the ball, Mulgrew is crucial to how we play. I agree that the other two are harder to replace though. Dack is irreplaceable 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, bazza said:

THIS. !!!    I'm 75 and I don't want my beloved Rovers to give me a heart attack.

Should be used to it by now bazza! Keeps the blood pump on its toes though, I’ll give you that!

Just saw the goals on Sky 402. Soppy penalty decision that I thought.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe away, but I think at home when we have more of the ball, Mulgrew is crucial to how we play. I agree that the other two are harder to replace though. Dack is irreplaceable 

I agree that Mulgrew is still an important part of our team, no doubt, but I think we could find a player to replace him and still be fairly comfortable defensively. We seemed to struggle in the transfer window to identify a backup to Graham, and finding a player like Dack is one in a hundred. So much seems to hinge on those two as far as our attacking threat is concerned. 

Still, I'm not going to worry about it tonight. Three points and it's fair to say we've had a very good start to the season. I haven't agreed with some of Mowbray's dealings in the transfer market this summer, but he's brought our momentum and team spirit from last season into this one and it's serving us well. A million miles away from that hugely depressing start in 16/17 under Coyle.

• Like 2

Great result!

This is TM's first ever managerial win v Stoke following 5 defeats and 1 draw, all with WBA.

Found a decent link but the fecking rain here put paid to that. Followed as best I could, which reminds me that the BBC website is one of the worst, it keeps back dating itself.

Will see the 10 min highlights on iFollow when up plus whatever shows on youtube.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I thought that. Obviously the Rovers fan operating the camera had collapsed in despair. 

That would explain it. 

When I looked on my app and saw 2-3 and penalty awarded to Stoke. My initial feeling was confusion, followed by a little bit of anger,then back to confusion. Then I saw they had missed and I was happy, but extremely nervous after the app also said 5 minutes extra time. The joys man. 

I wanted to see it on the highlights to see how it was won and our players reactions to A-conceding it and B-Stoke missing it. Will have to wait for the extended cut on YouTube 

WOW. It’s literally in our clubs DNA to make it hard work for ourselves! If they’d have converted that pen I don’t think I could have faced logging in on here tonight. What a fantastic 3 points, we outclassed stoke today and had we not have won it would have been a travesty. 4 points from Stoke and Derby away is class. TM is the messiah. What a football club. 

• Like 2

Had to turn it off after we cleared it off the line at 3-2... I couldn't deal with it, to read what had happened wasnt even shocking. 

That last 15 aside, I think that's the best performance I've seen under Mowbray. If we have a chance at getting Reed signed in January then I wouldn't be messing around, I've seen enough already. 

Danny Graham masterclass today, his best performance for us by far, top class. 

Cant fault any of them really. I think we should get in for Bauer again in January because our lack of height was really exploited in that last 15 mins. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Had to turn it off after we cleared it off the line at 3-2... I couldn't deal with it, to read what had happened wasnt even shocking. 

That last 15 aside, I think that's the best performance I've seen under Mowbray. If we have a chance at getting Reed signed in January then I wouldn't be messing around, I've seen enough already. 

Danny Graham masterclass today, his best performance for us by far, top class. 

Cant fault any of them really. I think we should get in for Bauer again in January because our lack of height was really exploited in that last 15 mins. 

Reed good, ya? Reports from twitter very positive. Sounds like he has a fair bit about him 

Just now, bazza said:

He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy for putting me through all that stress.?

Hahaha. It’s not good that we so nearly threw it away. But you’re 3-0 up at Stoke you give them one back and the game is undoubtedly going to have a shift in momentum, if they don’t make it 3-2 within a minute of making it 3-1 then you’ll eventually calm the crowd down about 85 minutes and see the game out. Crazy game. You bluessss

I don’t think I’ve ever been as nervous listening to a match like I was today. On the final whistle I checked my blood pressure and for a 63 year old It was so high I should have been carted off to A & E ?

Hope the pre-match negativity from some on here about TM’s line up will be laid to rest.

In Tony we trust!

1 hour ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

There was a twisting momentum by Indi martins and Dack went down. He wasn’t happy and refused the hands of Indi Martins after that. Got subbed

From my view Dack caught Martins Indi late and then he was deliberately stamped on. Clear red card for me. Hopefully it's nothing more than bruising for Dack.

Today was counter attacking football at its best with some top performances. At times we moved the ball with pace and intensity ans Stoke couldn't handle us. Crouch did his best to rubies great day but we rode our luck to claim a massive three points. Only another 36 to get now?.

• Like 2