BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS VS STOKE CITY

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

brilliant away support again today.

Agreed, could hear our lot a mile off ground before the game when walking down. Why they don't serve booze at half time was a bit bemusing though, not that arsed as it was me driving today but still daft. 

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Agreed, could hear our lot a mile off ground before the game when walking down. Why they don't serve booze at half time was a bit bemusing though, not that arsed as it was me driving today but still daft. 

Actual they did for a while, I was driving as well so it didn't matter.

Edited by rigger

today was a fantastic performance for the first 75 mins and the best under Mowbray Ive seen. very poor 10 mins. 

I thought Reed and Bennett was immense and Bennett my man of the match for his leadership skills in the 15 minutes over Reed just pip Reed. Smallwood and Evans were excellent. Dack and Graham proved how good they are today. Graham prove me wrong today with his fitness even tho he should have come off 5 minutes early. Lenihan was poor for the 2 goals and the Penalty aswell.

Brereton doesn't and isn't match fit but if Rothwell played the correct pass to him he would be one and one with the keeper. That's the type of striker he is. 

On Stoke, I thought the atmosphere where boring and no support from the team. Stoke team/players look lost and look like our squad in the championship under Kean and so disorganised. I didn't understand their tactics and style as it seem very mixed and confusing. Rowett knows that he is close to the sack. I didn't think he thought it would be so hard there and change their fortunes around. He very rarely came out from the dugout. 

• Like 1

Always pulled in 2 directions after a result like this! Overjoyed at the win of course but worried about how such a late collapse could affect future games.

An opposition manager 2-0 down will tell his players " put the pressure on and they'll crumble" (unless they're Derby of course).

Looks like Reed will become a first team fixture?

Still, would have taken a draw before the game so got to be chuffed.

8 hours ago, rigger said:

,Just back 75 minutes of heaven, 20 minutes of hell.Onwards and upwards. Isn't it fun being a Rovers fan again.  

It's certainly great to have belief that those on the pitch would 'kiss the badge' and it be genuine. 

I'm proud to be a Rover once again, we could yet 'rip this league up' and finish in the top 2!

COYB!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Just flicking between BT Score and the Wasps game against Sale, the score went like a match under Coyle. I hope it was not that nervy and inept overall.

I was at the Sale game trying to follow Rovers on phone. BBC kept going back to earlier score and I didn't find out about the pen till I finally read the after match report 

4 hours ago, philipl said:

I fancy in times to come we will look back and think yesterday's result was immense.

That must do wonders for an already impressive team spirit! Did anyone notice how most of our lads seemed shell shocked at the final whistle? Or was it just almighty relief? It’s great to watch but imagine how intense it must be to play your part on the field.

This is the best stuff i’ve seen in many a long while!

Couldn’t go as at a wedding. 

As the speeches started Dack had just hit the post to miss making it 4-0 and I did the socially acceptable thing and put my phone away.

About 10 or so minutes later, a fella on a different table goes ‘Stoke missed the pen’, I thought ‘so?, we’re cruising’! Checked at full time to see that would have made it 3-3’! 

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I was away last week  and couldn't go yesterday , saw Villa match in a bar Majorca ....5 points from the last games is a very good haul.....More than I thought we would get ! Onwards and upwards strange league this one , I do believe anything can happen this season  !

I would have taken 5 points from the last 3 games without hesitation. I thought we may have got them in a different fashion though. As in 2 away draws and 1 home win but at the end of the day it's the points that matter. I've seen the goals on TV' and Bennett's long cross field pass was just perfect. I liked the way Reed got the ball out of his feet quickly to put away the third goal. Good to see a midfield player getting beyond the strikers for that goal also.

On the down side it's a bit un nerving to see us fall apart after conceding just one goal. We should really be able to take that in our stride and carry on playing the way we were previously.

Great result though that really made my day.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Rowett...

‘Blackburn showed a massive amount of fight. I think Blackburn gave us a bit of a lesson late on under pressure when they are throwing bodies around and being aggressive and doing everything they can to stop a goal going in.” You can’t say fairer than that.’

We shouldn’t lose sight of how committed this bunch are, obviously not replicated everywhere.

• Like 8

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Rowett...

‘Blackburn showed a massive amount of fight. I think Blackburn gave us a bit of a lesson late on under pressure when they are throwing bodies around and being aggressive and doing everything they can to stop a goal going in.” You can’t say fairer than that.’

We shouldn’t lose sight of how committed this bunch are, obviously not replicated everywhere.

The way I see it is we aren't by any means the best team but we've certainly got one of the best team spirits. Who knows where it can take us. Maybe conceding very late at Ipswich and against Villa could be a good thing (to keep fan expectation in check - for now). Had we not let those goals in against the run of play, we'd be at the top.

11 hours ago, rigger said:

,Just back 75 minutes of heaven, 20 minutes of hell.Onwards and upwards. Isn't it fun being a Rovers fan again.  

No need for that mate. You’ve got half this messageboard Googling the word “fun” now. What’s next? After 3 defeats in 44 games, the extravagant term “moderately happy”?

Team spirit is massive for any team, esp in leagues like this. Look where it got our unfancied neighbours a couple of seasons back. Anything is possible at this stage of course, but we can certainly compete with the best in this league. Consistency throughout the season will be key for those wanting to achieve promotion.

I can only go off comments and highlights, but as far as the last 10 mins are concerned it was all about Crouch. He caused panic, not surprising due to his height and awkwardness. We're not a tall backline of 5, and without Mulgrew it was very, very young - average age of about 23/24? That experience should teach each of them a hell of a lot, stand them in good stead in their future careers & benefit us as a club. All whilst ultimately not costing us anything on the day, just!

Great to get 3 goals from open play. I've heard rowett refer to the goals being gifted to us by their poor defending; he's right to question his defence, but huge credit must go to Graham, Dack, Bennett, Reed, Smallwood & Williams for their parts in 3 excellent goals from our perspective.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I was at the Sale game trying to follow Rovers on phone. BBC kept going back to earlier score and I didn't find out about the pen till I finally read the after match report 

The BBC site has had problems for ages, going back to well before the site 'update'.

It kept resetting to details as at the 28 minute for me no matter how many refreshes I tried, then up to date then into more time warps. Frustrating.

Meanwhile iFollow app, to which I was not logged into, started sending score updates but when 2 came almost simultaneously with the Stoke goals I spent the rest of the games eyes glued to the top left hand corner of my phone preparing for the worst.

Didn't know about the penalty miss until reading here post match.

I need to find a decent alternative to replace the BBC.

What a fantastic day yesterday thats whats watching live football away from home  is all about ...Been watching the game long enough to realise even at 3-0 up it's still never over ,but  if Dack at made it 4 -0 i reckon that would have been it and we would have not had to put up with that nervy last 15mins and to be honest Brereton should have had is first goal for us as well ..Great support as well and topped of with a chat with KP and DW at the services on the way home..

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would have taken 5 points from the last 3 games without hesitation. I thought we may have got them in a different fashion though. As in 2 away draws and 1 home win but at the end of the day it's the points that matter. I've seen the goals on TV' and Bennett long cross field pass was just perfect. I liked the way Reed got the ball out of his feet quickly to put away the third goal. Good to see a midfield player getting beyond the strikers for that goal also.

On the down side it's a bit un nerving to see us fall apart after conceding just one goal. We should really be able to take that in our stride and carry on playing the way we were previously.

Great result though that really made my day.

We were at panic-stations in defence the last few minutes. The lack of experience back there is telling. Needed an old head at centre-back but no Charlie sadly.

Maybe this played a role in Rodwell's signing?

For the first 80 minutes as good as we have performed for many years. Fantastic work rate and commitment all over the pitch along with some quality in the final third. Evans excellent again, Smallwood appears to be finding his feet now at Championship level. Bennett and Reed didn't stop running all day. Dack and Graham provided the quality in the class and quality final third, Graham I though was exceptional and has put any doubts that I had about his fitness to bed.

The final 15 should never have been so tense as we were in complete control. As soon as they got one back we looked a nervous wreck, we've got to get better at seeing games out  as at the moment we look like rabbits in the headlights. Bell I thought was having his best game yesterday but again he switched of and it cost us a goal, to often he seems to just lose concentration. Also Tony's final two subs yesterday were bizarre, at Ipswich he took Dack and Graham of which left us with nothing up top and he did the same today. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with Dack and say he was injured but why take Graham of he was exceptional yesterday and gave us a real outlet to build of and I'm not sure what Armstrong offers in yesterdays situation.  

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1