BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS VS STOKE CITY

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Reed impressed in the role he played wide yesterday, but like Bennett he is very much a conservative choice out wide considering he is usually a central midfielder, who can fill in at right back. Yes he scored and it was a cool finish but based on his post match interview, its maybe not a common trait for him!

I do wonder if we have stumbled upon someone who can be a better alternative to Bennett, should he be either unavailable, needed elsewhere or lacking form, rather than needing to resort to Conway again?

As much as it worked very well yesterday, it is very rare that we need all 4 of Smallwood, Evans, Reed and Bennett across the midfield, and Mowbray likes to play Dack, a striker and one other attacking player. 

I see Reed has younger type of Bennett player. 

I don't see how you not play the same 4 players against Forest after that display. 

Its something I would used away from home in some games. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see how you not play the same 4 players against Forest after that display. 

Agree on that Chaddy, I’d expect us to start with the same team in if Mulgrew is back.

Also impressed with Williams, definitely earned his stripes as a Centreback for me.

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Loved it at the time, but there is a school of thought that it was the worst possible result in the circumstances!

Yep kean always managed to slime his way out with a fluky result..remember the 3-2 win against arsenal at ewood after those who could be arsed did our protest

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was more that in games that we continue with the "2.5 attackers" that Mowbray likes, that Reed could be a better option as the alternative "defensive winger" to Bennett rather than Conway who up to now has been the main alternative but isnt up to it nowadays.

Like you said it will be difficult to drop any of them for the next League game, I meant more in general.

On Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 17:05, islander200 said:

On paper our next 3 league games are easier than our last three.

Maybe, but can't trust that paper. If I wrote with hindsight about that game on paper, the last 10 minutes alone would look something like this:

2018-09-23-19-53-42--1297196750.png

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Crouch coming on was what unnerved our defence. I think they knew he'd do to them what he's done to so many defences over so many years.

What a great character he is. When Raya made that double save from him, Crouch bent down to pat Raya on the shoulder.Terrific gesture he didn't have to make.

Has a good line in self-deprecation too. When asked what he'd have been if he hadn't been a professional footballer his reply was----- a virgin.  :D

Edited by 47er
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Crouch coming on was what unnerved our defence. I think they knew he'd do to them what he's done to so many defences over so many years.

What a great character he is. When Raya made that double save from him, Crouch bent down to pat Raya on the shoulder.Terrific gesture he didn't have to make.

Has a good line in self-deprecation too. When asked what he'd have been if he hadn't been a professional footballer his reply was----- a virgin.  :D

Ya, that was sound of Crouch, although if he was our player, I would prefer him to be a bit more annoyed with missing the chance! 

Apparently the Stoke fans were booing when he was coming on. Not sure what that was about 

Crouch is a consummate professional and certainly wouldn't be a 36 year old I'd have turned my nose up at signing in the summer! A fantastic player who can score any type of goal. His days are numbered and I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last season.

It speaks volumes for Stoke's fans booing him - assuming the booing wasn't solely because Afobe went off. He dug them out of the dirt a few times last season despite their relegation! Between that and their comments before the match about us I'm glad we stuck 3 past them. They are quickly finding out what 99% of relegated teams find out that no fixture in this league is a definite win.