BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS VS STOKE CITY

Fantastic result and win. Great to hear Mowbray  saying the players like each other and work for each other.

Table is tight so every point is crucial. We are growing and improving every month. The bench was the strongest I've seen it in years. Good attacking options. 

On a side note. Bolton are disgrace charging them prices. No wonder ppl are buying fire sticks. Always been the greadiest club round here  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Reed good, ya? Reports from twitter very positive. Sounds like he has a fair bit about him 

Just a bit. An improvement on what we have, looking forward if we could keep him, Rothwell and Reed in centre mid could run games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

What has Rothwell done to be moved down the pecking order.  Did he get caught with pictures of Mowbary's missus all nekkid?

He’ll have moved down the pecking order even more the way he completely screwed up a 2-on-1 in the last few minutes and gifted them the ball

As soon as I saw the team I was happy with the game plan which was a high pressure press from all 4 of our midfielders and let Dack/Graham feed off the scraps upfront.

Never seen so much commitment from midfield as this season. Long may it continue. It's looking like we have options there if we need to rest people.

Anyone at the game got a view on how Brereton did?

Would have to say that what I saw today was the best 80 minute and worst 10 minute spell of Mowbrays era wrapped into one afternoon.

Thought his team was too defensive when named but it was proved to be spot on, that said, his use of subs was far too late when we were clearly tiring.

Danny Graham belied the doubters of his fitness and put in an absolutely incredible performance, beside his goal, his general hold up, leading the line, work rate, everything was exceptional.

Bennett put in his usual bag of effort and work rate but I often question what he does going forward but that cant be levelled at him today. Very good performance.

Dack again wasnt at his very best but he is still such a good player and contributes so regularly with goals and assists. Hope he is ok as we certainly need him.

Reed was good and although it was right to play him Evans and Smallwood, who all ran the game, obviously in most games we dont need all 3. It worked very welll today though.

Centre back, we missed Mulgrew at the end to calm us down, Lenihan very rash for the penalty as he can be, thought Williams was better but for 80 minutes they were both very good. Would drop Bell assuming Mulgrew is back next week.

Thought both full backs were poor, and the subs were really poor albeit in difficult circumstances, Brereton again looked sluggish and half-arsed, and Rothwell wasted a key pass.

Mowbray dismissed the last 10 minutes publically but privately I hope he isnt in denial, our game management this season has been our achilles heel and needs to be much better.

Very strange day but overall a superb result.

• Like 1

Graham MOM for me. Damn I wish this guy was a couple of years younger. What a pivotal part of our team he is. We are going to miss him him when he finally hangs up his shirt, not just because of his magnetic ability to hold a ball up and make something of it, but his experience, leadership and obvious will to win that some players much younger than him will never have.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Graham MOM for me. Damn I wish this guy was a couple of years younger. What a pivotal part of our team he is. We are going to miss him him when he finally hangs up his shirt, not just because of his magnetic ability to hold a ball up and make something of it, but his experience, leadership and obvious will to win that some players much younger than him will never have.

Revs going to be furious with you ?

What a thriller!  Here is me thinking we a cruising for a monster victory only for 15 minutes of madness.  The scoreline does flatter stoke to be honest, albeit they were the better side in the last 15 minutes.  However we could had a few more well before the mayhem of the last quarter.  Hoping Brereton can get a start soon, would like to see more of him.  Reed looks good, and Bennett was an excellent skipper today.  Next up Premier League Bournemouth! We got this. 

• Like 5

Just now, den said:

Revs going to be furious with you ?

HA - Well if Brereton wants to become something here, get under grahams wing and learn cos this guy is a master at what he does. Not massively prolific but he brings so much more to the team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Had we not dropped points in the last minute at ipswich and villa home we would be top of league..

thats how good this team are!!

Get it into perspective though, we could have quite easily lost against Derby and Millwall, and scraped a draw with reading with 2 penalties. You get them both ways. 

Edited by AAK