BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Bournemouth v ROVERS

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'm not saying it's the right attitude... but if I was the boss I wouldn't be upset with a close fought 2-1 loss. I'm from a generation where unfortunately I can't agree with the concept of a glamour tie, the idea of playing Liverpool's reserves means very little to me when I grew up watching us compete with their strongest sides.

Its more the struggle to empathise with an attitude whereby you would prefer Rovers to lose. Surely when Tuesday comes around and if you read that we won your instinctive reaction would be one of happiness and not dissapointment that weve got another game to fit in down the line? Its like when Kean was manager and people bunged up with "ITK" information kept proclaiming that Kean was a game away from the sack. I still couldnt bring myself to cheer our opposition.

Even if you saw the cup so much of a low priority that you used it as a vehicle to give mainly fringe and younger players a chance to push for a starting role in the League, surely winning cup ties is useful for that? Had we lost in the last round, which presumably you also wanted, we wouldnt have such a good opportunity to give Brereton, Rodwell, Rothwell, Palmer, Armstrong etc a chance to keep themselves competitively ticking over and push to start League games, or a chance for the likes of Travis, Nuttall and in the last round Grayson and Butterworth vital first team minutes to make them want a taste of more.

Im not saying it should be anything other than second in the list of priorities. But the prize of winning is one more game, at max we will play is it 6 or 7 which baring in mind we will be using the whole squad will not derail our season, and thats on the basis that we went all the way. I also remember playing the big teams regularly but that doesnt mean that playing one, and most likely a weakened team would be an inconvenience. Beating them would still be very enjoyable. 

Also, winning games is a habit not to be sniffed at.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Raya

Nyambe Rodwell Williams Bell

Palmer Bennett Reed Rothwell

Brereton Armstrong

Love that mid-field 4, this could be just the right game to try it. 

Up-front's a worry though. Armstrong doesn't look the same player in this division and Brereton so far doesn't look any sort of player at all.

Emphasises----hope to be wrong!!

27 minutes ago, 47er said:

Love that mid-field 4, this could be just the right game to try it. 

Up-front's a worry though. Armstrong doesn't look the same player in this division and Brereton so far doesn't look any sort of player at all.

Emphasises----hope to be wrong!!

What with missing this mid-week game, and with the International break in three weeks time, it could be a great time for young Bradley to break the back of his Community Service order ...... just a suggestion ! ? 

• Like 1

After seeing Rodwell in the u23s I would be giving him a start cb if he's up to speed fitness wise.  He could be the ideal long term replacement for mulgrew. Travis, brereton, Armstrong Palmer, and rothwell all need to start. Would like to see Butterworth on the bench again after his display in the last round. Hope the long trip and two days off work is worth it. COYB

• Like 2

12 hours ago, J*B said:

Genuine hope. A tonking isn't great obviously, but a squad as light as ours can't seriously compete on more than 1 level. I reckon getting out these cups early - which we have no chance of winning - could be worth 10 points come the end of season.

We always have a chance of winning it if we are in it!

I love cup runs. The chance to possibly reach Wembley is worth it all.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

What with missing this mid-week game, and with the International break in three weeks time, it could be a great time for young Bradley to break the back of his Community Service order ...... just a suggestion ! ? 

With 98% of all lags on community service orders in East Lancashire being from Burnley our Bradley has to do his on times when the unwashed aren't. Best days are Monday mornings between the hours of 7-11 whilst they sleep the white lightning off. 

• Like 2

Raya

Nyambe      Lenihan         Rodwell        Bell

Travis           Reed          Davenport        Rothwell

Palmer

Brereton

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Williams, Conway, Bennett, Armstrong, Nuttall.

Similar set up tactically to Saturday just different personnel. Dack, Graham, Mulgrew not risked

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Raya

Palmer

Brereton

Similar set up tactically to Saturday just different personnel. Dack, Graham, Mulgrew not risked

Close to my team.

I'd be inclined to play Armstrong in front of Davenport (Armstrong on the wing with Travis in the middle) and possibly carry on with Williams in the middle with Lenihan getting a rest. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Raya

Palmer

Brereton

Be interesting to see if Conway starts and captains the team. In the absence of the other members of the old guard, it would seem to be the likely step. 

Who is the captain in the above team?

4 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Lenihan

Good shout.

I am not saying Conway should start, but in these situations, up to now at least, he has. 

I would pretty much agree with your team, but I doubt very much Davenport is ready to start and doubt he will. I think this will be the team that Mowbray will start 

Raya

Nyambe      Downing         Rodwell        Bell

Reed     Travis       

Conway    Palmer    Rothwell

Brereton

• Like 1

Raya

Travis.       Rodwell.       Williams          Bell

Rothwell     Bennett.      Tomlinson   Armstrong

Palmer

Brereton

Edited by Hasta

On 24/09/2018 at 02:19, blueboy3333 said:

Corry Evans, and Harrison Reed who struggled with camp late on in the Stoke win, may also be added to that list"

Reed and Evans seems like down to earth, Johnny Normal kind of blokes, so it's hardly surprising.

Theatrical preening like RuPaul? Dame Edna esque double entendre? I honestly don't think they could pull it off.

Da-kREFUwAA6D_l.jpg

• Like 1