BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Forest

I have not seen a match thread for this game, so thought I would be brave and get one started.

Forest just pounced on Stoke in a similar vein to us in the league cup.  3 goal lead gobbled up, with Stoke losing eventually 3-2.  Am I correct in thinking Brereton will not be allowed to play this weekend against Forest?

If, so Graham to start, with Dack supporting.  Mowbray some midfield selection headaches to make, with Conway, Armstrong and Rothwell giving him a bit of a dilemma. Reed, Bennett, Evans and Smallwood also in contention.  That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

I spoke with Rich Ferraro from Rich Ferraro's Forest Ramble Podcast to talk about the build up to this match, he gives a fair assessment on Brereton and their chances for Saturday afternoon.

• Like 4

Some great memory's of playing Forest in the 90's, we only lost once to them in that period which was that fateful game in 99.

Tough game this, we both have similar records this season, them being just above us on goal difference.

I can see a draw here, think we'll tighten up after the last couple of games.

1-1 attendance - 13,769

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed.Evans Smallwood Bennett

Dack

Graham

Subs

Luetwiler Downing Travis Conway Rothwell Armstrong Butterworth

No Rodwell in the squad? And Palmer dropped totally, you think if we need a goal or a spark, or if Dack got injured say, youd bring on Butterworth?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Reed Evans

Bennett Dack Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Smallwood, Rodwell, Palmer, Rothwell, Nuttall

Suspect that we will play Smallwood ahead of Armstrong, only chose Armstrong personally as we are at home so its a more attacking change.

Don't think you can drop Smallwood after the last couple of games. He has been a rock. 

Edited by ChrisPriceBaldSpot

Wonder if we are going to see a few more fans squeeze out of their armchairs, get away from their laptops and get down to Ewood.

This team deserves better support at home than it has received so far this season.

come on boys n girls see Dack in attack, he is worth the effort.

• Like 3

Raya

Nyambe       Lenihan         Mulgrew*    Bell

Bennett           Reed          Evans         Rothwell

Dack

Graham

* If Mulgrew is not fit then start Rodwell

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Rodwell, Smallwood, Palmer, Armstrong, Brereton.

I don't think that we'll get the same team from Stoke think Mowbray will stick with Smallwood and Evans in cm

Be hard for Mogga to change the 11 that beat Stoke so would expect Mulgrew coming in for Williams being the only change.

However this is a home game and a match we should be looking to take 3 points from and i don't really see the need to be starting Reed, Evans, Bennett and Smallwood together at home. 

Id like to see Rothwell and Bennett either side of Dack, then 2 out of Reed, Smallwood and Evans for the midfield positions.

That 7-0 win is one of the best days ever as a Rovers fan. It ended a 26 game unbeaten run for Forrest too.

We won the away game 5-1 which makes it Rovers equal biggest double in our history. We missed a bag full at the City Ground including Shearer scuffing three- unheard of from Shearer in those days.

To Saturday and a win for either side puts them right into the play-off mix. Forest have won the last two and will be looking for an Ewood smash and grab. 

Rovers will need a fast start if this game is going to have entertainment value. Otherwise an attritional 1-0 to either side is on the cards. Expect the stats to be very even so it is whoever creates and grabs a chance.  

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Reed.Evans Smallwood Bennett

Dack

Graham

Subs

Luetwiler Downing Travis Conway Rothwell Armstrong Butterworth

Think you’ve got it spot on there.

• Backroom
Just now, Neal said:

Really? Brereton should be on the bench ahead of Butterworth, Rodwell and Palmer not even in the squad?

Brereton won't be able to play due to Forest technically still being his parent club.

Just now, Madon said:

Brereton won't be able to play due to Forest technically still being his parent club.

Silly me. Palmer and Rodwell still ok though? Would seem stupid to have Rodwell start and then not have him involved in the squad, his height could be valuable if we need to see out a result. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Silly me. Palmer and Rodwell still ok though? Would seem stupid to have Rodwell start and then not have him involved in the squad, his height could be valuable if we need to see out a result. 

Not sure why it would be stupid? It was his 1st competitive game in a year. I would completely understand if Mowbray wanted to give him more time to get up to speed 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure why it would be stupid? It was his 1st competitive game in a year. I would completely understand if Mowbray wanted to give him more time to get up to speed 

And how is he going to do that if there are no more League cup games? To get match fitness you need to be involved in matches. I can totally understand the not rushing him argument but to give him a start and taste for first team football and then leave him out completely would in my view be a little 1 step forwards and 2 steps back. 10 mins at the end of a game is hardly going to burn him out. From a footballing perspective there might be a situation where we might need his height and physicality. Totally trust managers judgement on this one but just seems as he's only on a one year deal and is fit enough to start against a prem side then we might aswell start making some use of him and get him involved. 

• Like 1