BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Forest

Well if Daryl Murphy is their 1st choice striker, we can safely assume they aren't coming to play tikka takka. Let the aerial bombardment commence. It's games like this we could do with a Chris Samba. Win the aerial battle against Murphy and he has very little else going for him. One of the slowest players I have ever seen, would make Graham look like Usain Bolt. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was a harsh comment. While not as good as Friedel, Robinson definitely stands out among the keepers we have had since 

I also think that it is blind praise for Raya too. No doubt he will turn into a good keeper at this level or higher but he does have clangers in him that could and 'have' cost us points in the past. Fantastic shot-stopper but his kicking and command of his box definitely need some work.

Edited by JacknOry

Since I didn't get back in time for the Villa game I might go to this (first game since early last season by all accounts) - weather looks fair for winter time - so the fancy dans shouldn't get too cold yet - and I might get away with not wearing ski-wear.

Perusing the links posted here of other team's forums it seems the recurring theme is that we are Dack and nothing more. Time for someone else to step up and be MOTM.

Edited by Husky

They seem quite a realistic bunch and down to earth bunch on that Forest forum game thread non of the usual tosh, proper club.

Many predicting/settling for a draw which is where i'll be at although I've a reet uneasy feeling about this one as this inability to string a good 90+ mins together will keep biting us on the arse.

2 - 2

55 minutes ago, Husky said:

Since I didn't get back in time for the Villa game I might go to this (first game since early last season by all accounts) - weather looks fair for winter time - so the fancy dans shouldn't get too cold yet - and I might get away with not wearing ski-wear.

Perusing the links posted here of other team's forums it seems the recurring theme is that we are Dack and nothing more. Time for someone else to step up and be MOTM.

Lets keep all the teams thinking we are only Dack. He certainly adds to the team but he is not our only danger

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Lets keep all the teams thinking we are only Dack. He certainly adds to the team but he is not our only danger

We are a one Graham team....

To be honest though, Dack is definitely the most explosive player but he gets those opportunities usually at the utter effort, spirit and attitude of the rest of the team!

I think Palmer has had some criticism because he stands out as not applying the same way. Even though it’s obvious he’s as technically proficient and clever as anyone in the team.

I genuinely look forward to our games again though, and that’s ultimately down to all the factors at play, some special qualities like Danny and Dack, utter workrate from a lot of players and a team that responds to the games, not forgetting a manager who often gets it right and admits when he gets it wrong.

Quite good days to be a Rover and I agree with you, that’s not down to any one man. Even if (in the scheme of our recent history) we are at pretty “lowly” heights of being mid table in the championship. The youngsters involved are the icing on the cake, because we are watching most of them get better!

Can you tell it’s friday?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47286

They've disrespected Sir Jack in a poll. This is war, bitches.

Prepare to feel the wrath of Dack. 

Also,

"Even in my days of going to the majority of away games, visits to your Blackburns, Burnley's and Preston's were always ones I'd swerve."

Too much working class for the leafy Nottinghamshire suburbs?.Sound like a right bunch of arrogant Clowns.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Also,

"Even in my days of going to the majority of away games, visits to your Blackburns, Burnley's and Preston's were always ones I'd swerve."

Too much working class for the leafy Nottinghamshire suburbs?.Sound like a right bunch of arrogant Clowns.

The same poster thinks they've moved the away fans to the BBE*.    File under bellend.

*Unless it's Waggott posting of his future intentions.

Edited by blueboy3333

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

They seem quite a realistic bunch and down to earth bunch on that Forest forum game thread non of the usual tosh, proper club.

Spoke too soon:

It’s a good point, because without Jack Walker throwing money at them like a drunken sailor on shore leave, they’d be a League One Club at best, which is about their level. 

We’ve had 7 seasons in our history outside the top 2 divisions. Indeed we spent the majority of the pre Jack 80s trying to reach the top flight. 

This club is steeped in history, 10th most successful club in England, 10 major trophies, it really pushes my buttons to read such tripe.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Spoke too soon:

It’s a good point, because without Jack Walker throwing money at them like a drunken sailor on shore leave, they’d be a League One Club at best, which is about their level. 

We’ve had 7 seasons in our history outside the top 2 divisions. Indeed we spent the majority of the pre Jack 80s trying to reach the top flight. 

This club is steeped in history, 10th most successful club in England, 10 major trophies, it really pushes my buttons to read such tripe.

The Friday night crew have obviously turned up on there now after a few post work beers.

Try this for size Forest......

Clough jnr fist pumping at BBE after they gave him a rendition of 'Daddies boy' then Crossley throwing the ball in the net like a drunken sailor.

Official opening of Ewood ,, 7 (seven) nil wasn't it.,, Forest playing like a team of drunken sailors.

Lars Bohinen jumping sship because he was sick of playing with drunken sailors.

Must hurt some of them not being any bigger or better than our league one outfit ?

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Spoke too soon:

Is it not 6 seasons outside the top 2 divisions? (Thanks Venkys)

Pretty confident about this one, I think we can beat them soundly.

But IF our year long unbeaten run comes to an end anytime soon - let’s please not forget it.

Proud of this team and I KNOW that they won’t leave anything out on the pitch tomorrow.

Ultimately, after everything we’ve all been through - that will be good enough for me.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

One thing I’ve noticed on midland and southern club forums is that they constantly bang on about ‘northern shitholes’.

Inferiority complex or a serious lack of self-awareness going by many of the places I’ve set foot in outside our sacred north.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 28/09/2018 at 10:15, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well if Daryl Murphy is their 1st choice striker, we can safely assume they aren't coming to play tikka takka. Let the aerial bombardment commence. It's games like this we could do with a Chris Samba. Win the aerial battle against Murphy and he has very little else going for him. One of the slowest players I have ever seen, would make Graham look like Usain Bolt. 

Congratulations - that bit in bold is in today's i newspaper.

• Like 1