BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Forest

On 28 September 2018 at 09:37, K-Hod said:

It’s probably just an oversight, tbh. Robby was good, but towards the end, I remember every time there was a shot on target from outside the box, it seemed to end in a goal....

Towards the end of his time at Rovers he was poor. I remember seeing his stats and he was bottom of the class regarding saves made. Like you say every shot from distance was a goal. Maybe he was " bad with his lamps " as my dear old mum says.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

One thing I’ve noticed on midland and southern club forums is that they constantly bang on about ‘northern shitholes’.

Inferiority complex or a serious lack of self-awareness going by many of the places I’ve set foot in outside our sacred north.

Having worked all over the UK I can safely say Nottingham is an odd place. It's not on anyone's list to visit, live in or work in. It's neither a northern or southern place it kind of just exists. Least in Blackburn theirs a sense of community togetherness which is typical of most Lancashire towns even Burnley who take the togetherness a bit too far with family members.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

"I like the Lancashire grounds for some reason, probably because it's like going back to 1983 in the town's"

"Think they're greatest exports are Matt Derbyshire and Joe Garner which says a lot about a town who's 60% of its population has been on Jeremy Kyle"

Mad bantz on the Florist forum. 

Must have forgotten Phil Jones, Damien Duff, David Dunn, James Beattie and our league is littered with ex academy players, Alan Judge, Jonathan Douglas to name a couple.

17 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Spoke too soon:

It’s a good point, because without Jack Walker throwing money at them like a drunken sailor on shore leave, they’d be a League One Club at best, which is about their level. 

We’ve had 7 seasons in our history outside the top 2 divisions. Indeed we spent the majority of the pre Jack 80s trying to reach the top flight. 

This club is steeped in history, 10th most successful club in England, 10 major trophies, it really pushes my buttons to read such tripe.

It's the ignorance of self pro claimed "Big Clubs" and their arrogance. Very proud of this clubs achievements which let's face it are not going to be bettered by Nottingham Forest anytime soon.

On today's game, Karanka a manager I don't like, very controversial at Borough, sets his teams up like Mourinho and it's about as exciting as a ST at Old Trafford at the moment. They'll try and defend and look to grind a 1-0 out of us. Bereton not able to play so I'd go with;

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed Evans Smallwood 

Bennett Dack

Graham 

Ive been saying Smallwood to be swapped with Reed but the three did awesome at Stoke and deserve another go, lastly if there was ever a game where we needed Ritchie it'll be today.

Edited by Scotland1

56 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Having worked all over the UK I can safely say Nottingham is an odd place. It's not on anyone's list to visit, live in or work in. It's neither a northern or southern place it kind of just exists. Least in Blackburn theirs a sense of community togetherness which is typical of most Lancashire towns even Burnley who take the togetherness a bit too far with family members.

Must have forgotten Phil Jones, Damien Duff, David Dunn, James Beattie and our league is littered with ex academy players, Alan Judge, Jonathan Douglas to name a couple.

It's the ignorance of self pro claimed "Big Clubs" and their arrogance. Very proud of this clubs achievements which let's face it are not going to be bettered by Nottingham Forest anytime soon.

On today's game, Karanka a manager I don't like, very controversial at Borough, sets his teams up like Mourinho and it's about as exciting as a ST at Old Trafford at the moment. They'll try and defend and look to grind a 1-0 out of us. Bereton not able to play so I'd go with;

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed Evans Smallwood 

Bennett Dack

Graham 

Ive been saying Smallwood to be swapped with Reed but the three did awesome at Stoke and deserve another go, lastly if there was ever a game where we needed Ritchie it'll be today.

Looks like you got what you wanted, personally think that's far too defensive for a home game. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

What has Rothwell got to do to get a game.

Injure Hope somebody else - injures Smallwood in training?

Whilst I think Mowbray is treating Rothwell shabbily (as he did Nuttall MkI) I’m more concerned that we have such inadequate cover at cb. Downing wasn’t good enough in L1. At least we can look forward to the right to left ball over the top [being cleared easily by the opposition]. It’s so clichéd that it would actually make a good drinking game.

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan and Downing centre half. That limits our ball playing our from the back that Williams, but in particular Mulgrew gives us. Not ideal, but against Daryl Murphy the two lads may be the best option. It's going to be a aerial and physical battle 

Murphy ain't in the starting 11, not sure if he's on the bench ?

46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's the formation we always play. We have played it for the last year, where we have been unbeaten 

What 3 defensive midfielders mate? 

Edited by AAK