BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Forest

Just now, Biz said:

Another 2 points dropped, would like to see the replay but that second penalty was utter BS

Go back a page and it looks worse and worse- abysmal penalty decision by the ref.

Plus the penalty not given when Dack was flattened in the box.

But once again, a much fancied expensively assembled opposition looked nothing special and should and could have been beaten.

Looking forward to seeing Armstrong's goal again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

We need to be taking our chances, only ourselves to blame, we may be unbeaten in 25 at home, but far too many draws in that, (W 14 D 11).

Depressing result for me.

We're competing in the Championship after 7 years of neglect. How can you be depressed with that?

• Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

He should definitely be playing ahead of Downing. Have to assume fitness is the only reason he didn't. 

Could prove to be a very shrewd signing. Though I would be inclined to tie him down longer if it does look to be the case that his class is starting to shine through again, must be on peanuts here compared to his last contract and there will be others certainly sniffing around knowing that he is on a one-year deal.

More disappointing points dropped from a winning position. I think we are a commanding centre back away from being a top 6 team. We just concede too many soft goals at the moment and that is what is stopping us being right up in the mix. Attacking wise we look quality at the moment but we are still a bit naïve when defending. If you'd have given me 13th position at the start of the season I would have taken it quite happily but having seen us and some of the teams in this league I'm a bit frustrated that we are only 13th as we could and perhaps should be up and around the top 3.

Didn't think either penalty was justified, the second one looked like the Forest player either dived or lost his footing with no -one near him . Leading up to the first the decision should hIave been a goal kick but a corner was wrongly awarded and from the resulting passage of play I  thought the ball just went harmlessly behind the Forest player and the referee inexplicably blew for a penalty. 

Not our best overall performance but difficult to gauge it really when you're on the wrong end of two dodgy penalties. We do need to start winning at home but I don't think it's necessarily our fault today.

Still don't feel Evans and Smallwood are the right midfield combination at home. I thought Evans was poor today.