BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Forest

26 minutes ago, Neal said:

And how is he going to do that if there are no more League cup games? To get match fitness you need to be involved in matches. I can totally understand the not rushing him argument but to give him a start and taste for first team football and then leave him out completely would in my view be a little 1 step forwards and 2 steps back. 10 mins at the end of a game is hardly going to burn him out. From a footballing perspective there might be a situation where we might need his height and physicality. Totally trust managers judgement on this one but just seems as he's only on a one year deal and is fit enough to start against a prem side then we might aswell start making some use of him and get him involved. 

Ya, true. valid points. There definitely aren't anymore league cup games, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the squad. I just hope it goes smoothly and injury free 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No Rodwell in the squad? And Palmer dropped totally, you think if we need a goal or a spark, or if Dack got injured say, youd bring on Butterworth?

Yet again. I would like him to another under 23's game 1st..

We got Rothwell that could play there or play Armstrong up front with Graham. 

Palmer isnt in the squad cos I want Travis to cover the full backs areas of the bench. Rothwell, Conway and Armstrong had good games on Tuesday from reports. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again. I would like him to another under 23's game 1st..

We got Rothwell that could play there or play Armstrong up front with Graham. 

Palmer isnt in the squad cos I want Travis to cover the full backs areas of the bench. Rothwell, Conway and Armstrong had good games on Tuesday from reports. 

But you’d prefer Butterworth to Palmer (an assist and 3 goals this season) 

On Rodwell Tony has said he won’t be considering him for the league for a good while yet.

Just now, Tom said:

On Rodwell Tony has said he won’t be considering him for the league for a good while yet.

He had impact for the team on Tuesday. Seems to have something about him. Hopefully we see more of him soon. 

45 minutes ago, Tom said:

I recon that's an excuse to not give himself further selection headaches. Not sure how we expect to get him match fit without giving him some minutes here and there. 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed.Evans Smallwood Bennett

Dack

Graham

Subs

Luetwiler Downing Travis Conway Rothwell Armstrong Butterworth

Your dislike of Palmer is becoming almost as irrational as JALs dislike of Nyambe.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed.Evans  Bennett Armstrong

Dack

Graham

Subs

Luetwiler Downing Travis Conway Rothwell Smallwood Butterworth

Just one small change I would make to try to improve pace and goal threat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Under 23 games? 

I guess so but the last one it didn't even sound like he was tested that much and obviously first team football is worlds apart... There's no other way to get him ready for the standard of first team football than to give him minutes off the bench IMV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neal said:

I recon that's an excuse to not give himself further selection headaches. Not sure how we expect to get him match fit without giving him some minutes here and there. 

Didn't attend the game, didnt watch extended highlights, didn't read a match report and didn't look at player ratings, but i didn't need to. One short 10 second clip of which showed me Rodwell has what it takes, he turned skillfully and took out two Bournemouth midfielders and then took a touch to go past another, with power, technique and guile before playing a lovely pass forward, that alone showed me that he is better than anything we've had in that deep lying midfield role since jermaine Jones. And that small piece of play showed me he's good enough to play in this team. Simple as that. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AAK said:

Didn't attend the game, didnt watch extended highlights, didn't read a match report and didn't look at player ratings, but i didn't need to. One short 10 second clip of which showed me Rodwell has what it takes, he turned skillfully and took out two Bournemouth midfielders and then took a touch to go past another, with power, technique and guile before playing a lovely pass forward, that alone showed me that he is better than anything we've had in that deep lying midfield role since jermaine Jones. And that small piece of play showed me he's good enough to play in this team. Simple as that. 

Agreed. I really have been impressed with him. Time to get him some games and see if he sustains them levels or someone else would be more than happy to take him off our hands

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When we signed Palmer I was very happy with the signing. Thoughts he would good player for us and I really hope he prove me wrong. 

And what hasn't made you happy? His worst performance was against Bristol City when in truth everyone that day had a bad performance. Every other game he's either been good or average. He certainly hasn't ever stood out as the worst player in any game he's played in.

57 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

And what hasn't made you happy? His worst performance was against Bristol City when in truth everyone that day had a bad performance. Every other game he's either been good or average. He certainly hasn't ever stood out as the worst player in any game he's played in.

Ive barely been impress by him. 

I think its more his work rate, defensive cover and positional ive been disappointed with. He has the talent to be a good player here

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive barely been impress by him. 

I think its more his work rate, defensive cover and positional ive been disappointed with. He has the talent to be a good player here

Then perhaps Tony shouldn't give him responsibilities he can't cope with and play him further up the pitch.  To not make your squad is a tad stupid.

• Like 2

Robbo not happy with that article in telegraph of which said "raya first keeper since Friedel not to cost us points" tweeted saying "well this is awkward". Match of the day picked up on it haha. Don't think he realises it's just a local fan who write rather than the club. 

Replying to people who said they weren't happy he went to Burnley he said you should no the truth about my exit, well tell us then numpty. 

Dunn repling saying its right was rather funny. 

Edited by AAK

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Robbo not happy with that article in telegraph of which said "raya first keeper since Friedel not to cost us points" tweeted saying "well this is awkward". Match of the day picked up on it haha. Don't think he realises it's just a local fan who write rather than the club. 

Replying to people who said they weren't happy he went to Burnley he said you should no the truth about my exit, well tell us then numpty. 

Dunn repling saying its right was rather funny. 

That was a harsh comment. While not as good as Friedel, Robinson definitely stands out among the keepers we have had since 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was a harsh comment. While not as good as Friedel, Robinson definitely stands out among the keepers we have had since 

It’s probably just an oversight, tbh. Robby was good, but towards the end, I remember every time there was a shot on target from outside the box, it seemed to end in a goal....