BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont believe the subcharge deter many fans from attending.

Only you could back the club over charging fans more money after 12.30....there's absolutely no reason to do it but you are ok with it.....I'm convinced you argue for the sake of it sometimes.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Function of where we are in the league. If we are challenging top two and give someone a comprehensive going over on TV the 20,000 crowds will be there. 

Less than ten years since our average crowds were over 26,000.

Yes but many of those were away spectators. Aways the case with the Premier League.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont believe the subcharge deter many fans from attending. See the quenes at the Forest game. But not every fan cant go to every game so they pick and choose. I think Rovers could have offer a 10 game season ticket where they can choose their games. Would suit someone on shift work. 

Ticket only admission? Yes that is right. So every fan has a seat and know where they sit. I wouldnt want someone sat in my seat after Ive been there for last 4 or 5 years. 

Its time Rovers fans came out and back the team. Season ticket prices are reasonable imo but accept they could have been cheaper for fans if they have been on sale before Oxford game. Maybe they could have done a price for students at university and college. Or for new season ticket holders could have discount on the new shirt. 

Would the two scenarios not clash. If you had a season ticket for ten games then how would you be able to turn up and not expect someone else to have bought a ticket In your seat. In theory I like the idea I just don't understand how it would work without unreserved seating

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fair enough, I happen to think it is a deterrent to people who make a late decision. As far as I'm concerned if the surcharge deters 1 fan from attending then it shouldn't exist. We need everyone we can get and aren't in a position to be putting people off or giving people reasons not to come.

Yes there were queues at the Forest game and every other game because there will always be some people willing to pay extra on the day. I don't think I've ever suggested that the surcharge puts everyone off buying on the day, but I've said that those numbers could and probably would be greater if there was no surcharge.

There are ways of allowing admission on matchday without needing to allocate seats. That was effectively the whole point of the Darwen End area - unreserved seating at a lower price than reserved seating - no reason an area of the ground couldn't be the same e.g. Bbe Upper tier.

Season ticket prices are competitive but we're also in a very competitive region for football.

Agree on last point. 

Maybe the numbers for the Forest game was so high due to it being paid day that previous week. Surely that another thing the club could take into account. 

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Every one of those in the queue that you saw were paying for tickets ? not just picking them up?

Some sections of the ground could be designated  reserved seating (season tickets)and some sections unreserved. Granted some people would have to be moved and be upset but that does not seem to be a concern of the club currently 

You pick tickets from side of club shop for matches whilst those buying ticket do so from the Ticket office located in the Blackburn End. 

If you want unreserved seating then the Riverside stand could be this. But whatever stand you chose, you will upset some people. I wouldnt want to lose my seat as its right behind the goal at the Blackburn End. Its a great view. 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Would the two scenarios not clash. If you had a season ticket for ten games then how would you be able to turn up and not expect someone else to have bought a ticket In your seat. In theory I like the idea I just don't understand how it would work without unreserved seating

Maybe you could do unreserved seating or have to pick up a ticket from club shop/ticket office before the game you want to attend. Just a thought. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe you could do unreserved seating or have to pick up a ticket from club shop/ticket office before the game you want to attend. Just a thought. 

You can't do unreserved seating because like you said you don't want people to have your seat and people all over the ground have season tickets. It would be the darwen end debate all over again. I suppose you could pay for a ten game season ticket and they scan it at the ticket office as if you where paying cash on the day without the guarantee of the same seat each game

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

We've heard it all before from the club.

Season tickets have always been late on sale for as long as I can remember, it was never going to suddenly change for the Oxford game because we had a bumper audience. Who knows why we like to be last minute but it goes right back to the John Williams era.

The excuse for the early kick offs is that the police insist on it. That won't change now. Even if it is true the club should have nipped it in the bud at the start. Having allowed it to happen for the last 3-4 years they'll struggle to reverse it. Likewise if it isn't true the people or person responsible for making the decision to noon won't raise their head above the parapet as they know they'll get grief.

The price hike has already been put down to trying to bring us more into line with other clubs, which I suppose is fair enough, but it is still a significant increase all at once which might well have persuaded some people not to bother.

We've had the excuse for shutting the Darwen End which doesn't really make any sense. We all know that it is to try and save some money.

The cash turnstile idea could be introduced but presumably they'll have some reason or another why they can't do it as they want everyone issuing with tickets.

Rovers need to get back out into the community starting with the schools. Start at the beginning ,get them hooked at a young age .

Reduce match day tickets and supply free tickets to surrounding schools for BIG  games not the Rotherhams and Readings on a cold Tuesday night in an empty ground. They have to come and experience something exciting. Leeds at home would be ideal ,get them in let them experience Ewood at 3/4 capacity give them something to talk about at work and school and spread the word. All about getting people interested again.For those that did buy a reduced match day ticket the club should be sending out a survey asking about their experience good bad or indifferent asking how can we make it a better experience. Show the punter the club cares what its fans think.The club needs to engage with the local community.  

Season ticket holders  why not reduce concessions by 25%? Its not just all about the price of a match day ticket that puts people off its the actual cost of the day. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Every one of those in the queue that you saw were paying for tickets ? not just picking them up?

Some sections of the ground could be designated  reserved seating (season tickets)and some sections unreserved. Granted some people would have to be moved and be upset but that does not seem to be a concern of the club currently .

This system is used at Perth Glory in a tiered membership (season tickets)  system,  Gold membership gets you a seat reserved for the season in certain sections of the ground. Silver membership means you can sit anywhere in the Silver sections of the ground. Flexi membership (5 game deal)  and Match to match tickets also go into the silver sections (unreserved seating). Seems to work ok as similar to Rovers actually filling the stadium to capacity rarely happens, only difference is there is no need to hand a quarter of the stadium over to away supporters. Link To membership packages    Link to ground plan

The Shed at Perth Glory for me £192 for the season and you get a supporters pack as well!

I hope Waggott reads this - you are charging too much money and this is one of the reasons why Attendances haven’t improved. Cheapest match day ticket of £24 is too much. Putting season tickets up by £50 after the previous 8 years of utter rubbish was a nonsensical decision. 

Football in the UK is too expensive and all clubs need to re think pricing given we are in an age where most matches can now be viewed on live internet streams and red buttons. Bundesliga teams charge £12-15.

This is Blackburn. It isn’t a particular well off area. The price needs to be reflective of the area. West Brom only charge £20 and season tickets are cheaper than ours - why couldn’t we have had a similar pricing scheme? Salford City season tickets are £100!

Seriously when we have £7 million to spend on Brereton why the need to have such over priced tickets? The fact the owners found £7 million from somewhere would suggest gate money isn’t that imperative. We don’t appear to be an Accrington Stanley who rely heavely on gate receipts. 

I really don’t get why we couldn’t have implemented some progressive policies re ticket prices and lead the way for affordable football. Season tickets £200. Match day prices £15. Get crowds up, build the fanbase and also be commended by the wider football world. Got to be better than the current half empty stadium.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

I posted this on the season ticket thread before Neal started this thread.

Factors affecting attendance, in no particular order:

- failure to have season tickets on sale before Oxford game at lower prices, when they knew it was going to be a bumper turn out (captive market) (Stanley's had been on sale for weeks) - diabolical.

- matchday surcharges - diabolical.

- £50 season ticket rise after relegation freeze - diabolical.

- 1875 club - confusing and unnecessary at best.

- Cat A/B/C pricing - profiteering.

- stand closures - discouraging.

- moving kick-off times (we know it's not the Police) - discouraging.

- no cash turnstile - discouraging.

- all midweek games on tv - discouraging.

Not difficult is it?

The main factor effecting attendance has been around since 2010 and until it goes we are going to struggle regardless what the club try and do. Albeit they are doing a terrible job. 

As a ST holder for the best part of 40 years, prior to the Loon invasion, I went to the Oxford match with my son. We had a great time.....he has issues, and we had to leave at the pitch invasion as he was upset. I was looking forward to the feel good factor thereafter. The club failed to deliver. They missed a massive trick. They have my details. They send texts to my son via my phone, but not to me! I had great seats in the upper BE. They threw us out without consultation, I cannot afford JW ST's, and they continue to insult our intelligence without any plausible explanations (other than clear orders from above to maximise away support), and piss folk off.

Is it any surprise attendances are not increasing significantly?

As has been said, we are treated with disdain. Fill the away end and make it at a home game for the scum. Plenty of police overtime, as they are all complaining about their cuts in pay.

I find it very hard to return.

Sadly it is much easier to fill the away end out with Leeds fans at £25+ a piece than it is to increase home crowds, so the focus will be on doing that. For little/no effort or cost they can pile 8,000 people in there at full prices, to get a few thousand more home fans on it would require much more effort and thought.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

A mean spirited, divisive post!

NAPM. Remember those divisive and mean-spirited posts on every thread by your pal. I do. A load of horseshit that turned out to be. I'm being kind at the moment so I'd back away and let your mate lead the cavalry back to Ewood. FFS?

28 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

As a ST holder for the best part of 40 years, prior to the Loon invasion, I went to the Oxford match with my son. We had a great time.....he has issues, and we had to leave at the pitch invasion as he was upset. I was looking forward to the feel good factor thereafter. The club failed to deliver. They missed a massive trick. They have my details. They send texts to my son via my phone, but not to me! I had great seats in the upper BE. They threw us out without consultation, I cannot afford JW ST's, and they continue to insult our intelligence without any plausible explanations (other than clear orders from above to maximise away support), and piss folk off.

Is it any surprise attendances are not increasing significantly?

As has been said, we are treated with disdain. Fill the away end and make it at a home game for the scum. Plenty of police overtime, as they are all complaining about their cuts in pay.

I find it very hard to return.

So sorry to read that.

I heard Mr Waggott reads this thread. Maybe, he will contact you now. Better late than never..