BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Again it should be the likes of Villa etc having the majority shoved upstairs first but fair play they are obviously listening but a penny to a pound the next side who they think will bring a few thousand will be back in the bottom rendering it all a bit pointless.

Can't win either way .... ?

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

The benefit I would appreciate as a ST holds is stop lazily putting the price up by £50 every year. Even worse telling me that I’m benefiting in some way if I buy early.

If the argument is that lower prices won’t bring many in then, by logical extension, higher prices won’t put many off. So why not just keep squeezing and squeezing  until people stop buying then look at reducing them again. That must be in Waggott’s head given the behaviours so far. Fans of THIS club have stuck by it through some very bad times and as soon as we turn a corner - hammer their wallets. Some even think this is the right time to do it!! It’s a two way street, lest some forget.

Hugely disappointing if members of the FF are suggesting to, or even agreeing with, the club on not lowering prices. They aren’t going to be innovative if they aren’t put under any pressure.

I don’t agree with the “if you don’t like it, step up” statements either. That should not be an excuse to not be held accountable. And if a fans forum aren’t accountable the fellow fans then who are they accountable to? It’s a fan committee not a club committee - or at least that is the perception.

Poor show.

If they had been elected there would be some clear cause for accountability, but they aren’t. It’s a forum of a cross-section of fans giving their own personal opinions and perhaps those of their family and friends. It’s better than the club asking no-one but not as good as the club asking everyone. They are no more accountable than respondents in a market research project are to the mass of brand buyers. 

1 hour ago, Franky said:

surely if the price is £24 then it should be £3 discount to buy the week before. £2 discount 2 days before. £1 discount the day before ?

carrot instead of stick

encourage early purchase instead of discourage matchday walk ons

They either want folks to go back or they don’t.

That is a solid common sense idea. Sadly it will never catch on whilst the dunderheads are in charge at Ewood. Nice try though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

If they had been elected there would be some clear cause for accountability, but they aren’t. It’s a forum of a cross-section of fans giving their own personal opinions and perhaps those of their family and friends. It’s better than the club asking no-one but not as good as the club asking everyone. They are no more accountable than respondents in a market research project are to the mass of brand buyers. 

Of course they are accountable. Otherwise it’s just a jolly boys coffee and biscuits session.

Don’t these people represent a cross section of fans? That comes with a level of responsibility. No, we don’t get to vote on who represents us. Maybe you’re onto something there though...

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Of course they are accountable. Otherwise it’s just a jolly boys coffee and biscuits session.

Don’t these people represent a cross section of fans? That comes with a level of responsibility. No, we don’t get to vote on who represents us. Maybe you’re onto something there though...

Accountable to who? All the fan base? How would that work then?

I’m sure they all conscientiously give their inputs as best they can to represent their views and the views of fans they know. If you believe those views aren’t representative then the onus is on you to volunteer and put your views across. Then I can harangue you for not representing my views! ?

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Accountable to who? All the fan base? How would that work then?

I’m sure they all conscientiously give their inputs as best they can to represent their views and the views of fans they know. If you believe those views aren’t representative then the onus is on you to volunteer and put your views across. Then I can harangue you for not representing my views! ?

That was my point though. People can’t sign up for their own ends and then deflect any criticism by saying “you should sign up if you don’t like what I’m doing”.

I already volunteer for two separate organisations and I absolutely feel accountable to thise people I represent.

But we have gone well off piste. The comment was that certain folk were agreeing with the club about not lowering ticket prices. This has been refuted. Nothing to see here.

10 hours ago, only2garners said:

Idon't understand this - what do you expect Forum members to do? The next meeting is two weeks tonight - what would you want me to be doing now?

We had a long discussion about attendances at the last meeting in September - before this thread was started.

I want you to not show irritation when I asked any Forum member for some information on here. How dare I eh?

Half season tickets now on sale, 11 games kicking in on New Years Day.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/november/half-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

Working out at £20-£22 a game in the JW Upper, £18 a game in the Blackburn End and JW lower.

Seems steep to me? As that would extrapolate to a £506 JW upper season ticket and a £414 Blackburn End.

Edited by Mattyblue

Prices are once again fantastic value with adult prices starting from £179, a saving of up to £85 vs matchday pricing. Senior tickets are available from only £105; whilst supporters aged 18-21 can watch all the action from just £95.

from this link

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/november/half-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

Edited by chaddyrovers

On 24/10/2018 at 18:01, Mattyblue said:

What I would like asked is - 

Are the club going to actually use the ‘local promotion’ rule, it can be used up to 4 times a season and means we can still charge top whack to sizeable away followings, whilst making it cheap for ours.

So instead of doing crap promotions like ‘bring a friend for a...’ for a night match in the middle of winter (I.e last season against Bury and Fleetwood), why not attractive afternoon fixtures like Sheff Wed in December or West Brom on NYD. 

For me, it’s a no brainer, you can still grab the near £30 from the away fans, whilst making an ATTRACTIVE fixture accessible to ours, get folk back in the habit in a decent atmosphere and crowd.

Sheff Wed? Just announced as Cat A, so another chance for an attractive game to be designated ‘local promotion’ gone.

The 1800 Wednesday fans would pay top dollar regardless, so what’s to lose?

Doesnt look like there will be a single ticket promotion this calendar year back in the Championship. All that supply and not a single initiative. Amazing.

Edited by Mattyblue

It’s official, expected to bring less than 2,000 you’re in the upper tier.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17213272.darwen-end-upper-tier-the-new-home-for-away-fans-at-ewood/?ref=mr&lp=2

I get it, other clubs do it, out of sight and all that. The difference is at Ewood is that the Darwen End is considerably bigger than away ends at those other clubs and a small following, I.e Rotherham have sold around 600 so far, makes it look very desolate at that end of the ground and ensures an even flatter atmosphere.

Don’t think it particularly annoys away fans. 

Surely nobody enjoys looking over to an enormous bank of 5,000 empty seats in the lower tier, plus another 2,000+ in the upper.

Up to the club to try and fill more seats with home fans, would be the rational potential solution...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

The suits got away with shutting the BBE upper but they are making a balls of this one I bet money they let Sheff Weds have all the lower but on Sat it'll be another huddle in the upper and a soulless cold empty huge bank of seats in the lower again.  There could have been over a thousand in there over the two sections and like in the past at least give a little bit of atmosphere and visual effect if they'd just left things alone.

Why is it so difficult to just leave things alone for most games.

clueless they are.

I've long been a supporter of putting away fans upstairs. Not particularly because of any impact upon atmosphere or the away team, but because we should be charging away fans more than we do.

I've no gripe with Rotherham who I'm sure will charge our fans a reasonable price of £20-25 when we go there, but I'd be revving up to Swansea and Bolton coming and smashing them with £30 tickets. See how many Swansea turn up with at those prices. I bet its less than we took on a Tuesday night to theirs.

Perhaps one day clubs will get their heads together and come up with some reasonable reciprocal pricing but until that day comes and as long as our loyal fans are being taken advantage of by other clubs then it is Rovers' responsibility to return the favour and make it clear why.

N.B. This DOESNT mean home fans suffer. It means we can charge them more to sit upstairs whilst charging reasonable prices downstairs. I'm not sure that idea has made it's way into Waggott's thinking yet. Hopefully it will by the time Norwich, Swansea,Bolton and co. turn up.

It won’t.

The club does run a fairly simple structure. 

‘Are they likely to bring around 2,000? Or more? Yes? Cat A so we can rake it in.

Everyone else B and C, it’s as crude as that and nothing whatsoever to do with home fans or ‘attractiveness’ of the fixture.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sheff Wed? Just announced as Cat A, so another chance for an attractive game to be designated ‘local promotion’ gone.

The 1800 Wednesday fans would pay top dollar regardless, so what’s to lose?

Doesnt look like there will be a single ticket promotion this calendar year back in the Championship. All that supply and not a single initiative. Amazing.

we seem to have around 2500 to 3000 walk on fans already regardless of the price Matty. 

I can understand you and other fans wanting cheaper deal but how many fans aren't coming due to price? 

I would be doing a promotion for the Christmas and New Year games of 2 games ticket for 30 pounds. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t think it particularly annoys away fans. 

Surely nobody enjoys looking over to an enormous bank of 5,000 empty seats in the lower tier, plus another 2,000+ in the upper.

Up to the club to try and fill more seats with home fans, would be the rational potential solution...

surely we went the Blackburn End, Riverstand side and Jack Walker stand being mostly full before we put home fans back in the Darwen End? 

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

The suits got away with shutting the BBE upper but they are making a balls of this one I bet money they let Sheff Weds have all the lower but on Sat it'll be another huddle in the upper and a soulless cold empty huge bank of seats in the lower again.  There could have been over a thousand in there over the two sections and like in the past at least give a little bit of atmosphere and visual effect if they'd just left things alone.

Why is it so difficult to just leave things alone for most games.

clueless they are.

The decision to close the DE to home fans has clearly been a balls up,a pointless exercise.Leeds will be the only club to come near filling that stand.

Just a huge bank of empty seating for the TV Camera's to poke fun at.