BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s that then, 2500 will turn up, so don’t try and tempt more?

It was a general point about trying to increase crowds.

do more want to come regularly tho? or will we end up with some of the people who turned up on the last game of last season and show their true colours by disrupting the game and not giving a monkey about the season ticket holders? how many who turn up that are glory hunters and not die hard Rovers fans?

So shut the Riverside, it's the oldest stand, and where the cameras are, some restricted views, and the front open to the elements.

Open up the full BE, and Lower DE, same price as Riverside, and make the JW the premium stand?

I'd go back to the BE upper at Riverside prices, and would create more atmosphere.

Otherwise split the DE as before.

Or give the opposition the Riverside? So we have both ends....endless possibilities!

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do more want to come regularly tho? or will we end up with some of the people who turned up on the last game of last season and show their true colours by disrupting the game and not giving a monkey about the season ticket holders? how many who turn up that are glory hunters and not die hard Rovers fans?

What are you talking about. 

26,000 Rovers fans turned up that day, around 17,000 of them were non season ticket holders. A tiny minority of them (a few hundred) were pissed up and ran on the pitch after after a day on the ale for a promotion party.

How is that in any way comparable to a decently priced game in the middle of a season? 

I don’t know why I’m even replying, as you didn’t agree we needed to do any deals last season, then Oxford started selling like hot cakes and you were delighted with it. So, you would be just the same this season if the club offered it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

So shut the Riverside, it's the oldest stand, and where the cameras are, some restricted views, and the front open to the elements.

Open up the full BE, and Lower DE, same price as Riverside, and make the JW the premium stand?

I'd go back to the BE upper at Riverside prices, and would create more atmosphere.

Or give the opposition the Riverside? So we have both ends....endless possibilities!

take the seats out and make the Riverside safe standing terrace at Riverside prices.

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The decision to close the DE to home fans has clearly been a balls up,a pointless exercise.Leeds will be the only club to come near filling that stand.

Just a huge bank of empty seating for the TV Camera's to poke fun at.

The idea of moving the cameras to the riverside was supposedly so the ground looked better/fuller on the beam backs to Pune probably because the empty riverside they were glaring at before was an uncomfortable reminder of the damage they've done.  Now it'll look even worse with banks of empties to the left to match the sparse JW lower DE side when the ball is in that half/end.

Probably thought 3 or 400 would go straight in there to make it look better but as everyone knew they would they've just blended into other areas around the ground aside from a regular huddle of about 50 in the corner.

Yep a totally pointless balls up which probably save a couple of grand per season if anything at all.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A few Championship clubs often have an empty lower tier behind a goal - Millwall, Bolton, Sheff Wed, QPR, so it’s not that unusual to see on TV

But at the ground it’s pretty eerie just because it’s such a big end.

Sheff Weds aside, which like Villa park can be both intimidating or eeire, like you say I think it's the size of Ewood makes it worse. 5k empties in one lower tier I don't even think the Wendies manage that.

56 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

5 thousand Leeds or Nobbers etc in the riverside with that walk way and exits is asking for bother plus the influence they might have on their own team would probably be more than when they are just packed in one end.

Blackburn fuzz would never allow it anyway.

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

5 thousand Leeds or Nobbers etc in the riverside with that walk way and exits is asking for bother plus the influence they might have on their own team would probably be more than when they are just packed in one end.

Blackburn fuzz would never allow it anyway.

I was more for them being chucked in the River Darwen if they misbehaved?

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

1 minute ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I was more from them being chucked in the River Darwen if they misbehaved?

There is however one plus point to it just dawned on me - it would then allow Rovers to charge top dollar to the visiting fans like the JW stand !!!

That seems the logic behind Villa, Leeds, Boro moving away fans to side stands over the past few years. Might be some method in your madness lol

Would also then be able to cut down on away fans to avoid bother whilst still raking in decent takings from them.  The thousand or so who sit in the riverside might need some convincing though.....

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

What are you talking about. 

26,000 Rovers fans turned up that day, around 17,000 of them were non season ticket holders. A tiny minority of them (a few hundred) were pissed up and ran on the pitch after after a day on the ale for a promotion party.

How is that in any way comparable to a decently priced game in the middle of a season? 

I don’t know why I’m even replying, as you didn’t agree we needed to do any deals last season, then Oxford started selling like hot cakes and you were delighted with it. So, you would be just the same this season if the club offered it.

Few hundred people whether they were parents with kids, kids, young adults or elderly people they still ran on the pitch like thugs and tried to wreck the day. 

The half season ticket price is decent and im hoping we sell over 1k of them. Plus with the players and manager performing well should attract more fans. 

Havent I suggest a number of deals that might work but there is no easy answer tho. 

Over 2.5k fans turn up for the Forest game so is price the problem or more of the problem is lack of PL Football? I say the latter

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s official, expected to bring less than 2,000 you’re in the upper tier.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17213272.darwen-end-upper-tier-the-new-home-for-away-fans-at-ewood/?ref=mr&lp=2

I get it, other clubs do it, out of sight and all that. The difference is at Ewood is that the Darwen End is considerably bigger than away ends at those other clubs and a small following, I.e Rotherham have sold around 600 so far, makes it look very desolate at that end of the ground and ensures an even flatter atmosphere.

C’mon Matty. This is what we’ve been asking for!

The away end seeming desolate plays into our hands. Money from away fans and the advantage to Rovers fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Few hundred people whether they were parents with kids, kids, young adults or elderly people they still ran on the pitch like thugs and tried to wreck the day.

I was on the pitch and I go more games than you.  Didn't wreck my day.....you do think you're superior to others...can't think why

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The away end seeming desolate plays into our hands. Money from away fans and the advantage to Rovers fans.

100% this.

I’ve had a couple of mates who support other teams this week watch the QPR highlights and say: “QPR support is shit.” rather than “Ewood looks empty” when you see that end without the 300 or so fan goaders in Rovers’ colours in there.

I imagine that 80% of teams will turn up and see practically empty away ends, with fuller home ends. It works in our favour. Sell 16k+ home tickets (achievable when we’re up there in a couple of months) and we aren’t looking so bad for visually filling the home areas that are open.

Edited by S8 & Blue

26 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I was on the pitch and I go more games than you.  Didn't wreck my day.....you do think you're superior to others...can't think why

You are actually admitting to being on the pitch? Thanks very much for spoiling the day for myself and everyone else who wasn’t so selfish. Perhaps you’d like to hand yourself in to the police so they can ban you from Ewood. 

• Like 1

Just now, Riversider28 said:

You are actually admitting to being on the pitch? Thanks very much for spoiling the day for myself and everyone else who wasn’t so selfish. Perhaps you’d like to hand yourself in to the police so they can ban you from Ewood. 

That’s the spirit. Ban those who went on at Donny too. They ruined everything.

I guarantee you that if we’re in the play offs and have a home leg that takes us to Wembley you can further ban a good couple of thousand plus exuberant supporters.

That’s what this thread is about, right?

40 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you? Dont think so

Yes you wrecked the day by your stupid childish pathetic actions. Well done for acting like a 4 year old. Shame you didnt listen to what the club, Mowbray and players wanted. You think you are bigger than them. 

Anyway I wont be replying to you again. Still on the ignore list. Only replied cos someelse did. 

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

That’s the spirit. Ban those who went on at Donny too. They ruined everything.

I guarantee you that if we’re in the play offs and have a home leg that takes us to Wembley you can further ban a good couple of thousand plus exuberant supporters.

That’s what this thread is about, right?

You know as well as I do what the thread is really about. I just find it irritating that someone comes on and actually  “brags” about being on the pitch thinking it’s acceptable. 

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

I haven’t.

If a club is bringing a following of 3000+, certainly start with filling the upper tier and put the overspill downstairs, but for a club bringing a few hundred I personally think having over 7,000 empty seats at that end with no fans visible kills the atmosphere which isn’t good for us either.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I wasn't there against Oxford but i was there , on the pitch, against Doncaster and it was the best feeling I have had as a Rovers fan and one I will cherish for the rest of my life. Like I say, I wasn't there against Oxford but I 100% would of been on the pitch to celebrate the rare moment. In 20 odd years of going down to ewood I have never seen a pitch invasion and looked on enviously of other clubs running on to there own pitch and celebrating. 

It was a one off game and if you can't just take the occasion for what it is and enjoy it then I wouldn't give two hoots if I upset, offended or whatever your problem is. 

Years and years of divided fans , poor managers, half hearted footballers with nothing to even clap. I applaud any fan that made the day a celebration. 

If you where on the pitch I hope you sang, danced and had an amazing day.

• Like 2

Not to open old debates, but for the record. 

Oxford was just over-exuberance,  because the game was sill going, they just needed to wait 30 seconds, possibly watch us score a third as we were bombing forward and then charge on, as there was always going to be an invasion. Didn’t matter in the end as we all got to enjoy the post match ceremony.

The issue at Doncaster was not the first invasion, it was spontaneous and nobody had an issue with it. However, there was a second invasion when the players tried to come back out, the players just ran straight off, annoying but ok everyone is still over excited, so still a little understandable.

Then Mowbray came on the mic and said if you could stay off the ptch we’ll come back. A good few minutes pass by, everyone is back in the stand. They try to and a hundred or so run back on for a third time, that’s not spontaneity, the players turn straight back round and thats that. Many who didn’t go on the pitch or did first time round were annoyed that they didn’t have chance to thank the players, it could have been another PNE 2001 moment for those fans and they never had the chance to partake in it.

End of the day promotion is all that mattered, but it wasn’t the full time whistle invasion that anyone had a problem with at Doncaster, every set of fans does it these days.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3