BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

do more want to come regularly tho? or will we end up with some of the people who turned up on the last game of last season and show their true colours by disrupting the game and not giving a monkey about the season ticket holders? how many who turn up that are glory hunters and not die hard Rovers fans?

What a bizarre argument. Your pompous attitude towards floating fans I hope is one not shared by the higher ups at Ewood, we need to embrace and appreciate that those beyond the already attending will need more persuading. To imply that we may not even want any extra fans to justify the pricing is ridicilious!

5 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm still not going to home games. I probably would if iFollow wasn't so accessible, but for the foreseeable I'll be doing aways only as I have been since they sacked Lambert and brought in Coyle.

I wish you would return JB

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What a bizarre argument. Your pompous attitude towards floating fans I hope is one not shared by the higher ups at Ewood, we need to embrace and appreciate that those beyond the already attending will need more persuading. To imply that we may not even want any extra fans to justify the pricing is ridicilious!

I feel the prices are right at the minite, we had around 1500-2000 walk ons fans and at times this we had up to near 3k. But with Christmas coming up I accept we will struggle to more fans at this stage

6 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm still not going to home games. I probably would if iFollow wasn't so accessible, but for the foreseeable I'll be doing aways only as I have been since they sacked Lambert and brought in Coyle.

You stopped going because they appointed Coyle, but you haven't returned even though they've reversed that decision by sacking him and bringing in a better manager than Lambert?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wish you would return JB

I feel the prices are right at the minite, we had around 1500-2000 walk ons fans and at times this we had up to near 3k. But with Christmas coming up I accept we will struggle to more fans at this stage

If you think the prices are "about right" then why did our season ticket sales fall below Waggotts target?

Christmas comes every year, it is up to Waggott to empathise with supporters and make tickets more of an attractive and affordable proposition regardless. Sheffield Wednesday at home for example seemed perfect for a promoted deal of some description. 

6 hours ago, J*B said:

Each to their own, but feels like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face to make a statement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If you think the prices are "about right" then why did our season ticket sales fall below Waggotts target?

Christmas comes every year, it is up to Waggott to empathise with supporters and make tickets more of an attractive and affordable proposition regardless. Sheffield Wednesday at home for example seemed perfect for a promoted deal of some description. 

Each to their own, but feels like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face to make a statement.

surely you should be asking people who didn't buy season tickets not a person who been a season ticket holder for over 20 years? 

349 pounds for 23 games which works out roughly 15 pounds per games which I think is cracking value and cheap IMO. you may disagree and that's fine by me. 

On Sheffield Wednesday prices are little high but I do feel that's 20 pounds per ticket is about right

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

surely you should be asking people who didn't buy season tickets not a person who been a season ticket holder for over 20 years? 

349 pounds for 23 games which works out roughly 15 pounds per games which I think is cracking value and cheap IMO. you may disagree and that's fine by me. 

On Sheffield Wednesday prices are little high but I do feel that's 20 pounds per ticket is about right

Either Waggott has overestimated potential sales or his pricing has caused sales to fall below target. One of the 2. He deserves criticism and questioning either way, just as Mowbray would if he finished below his target, or say Dack scored less goals than his target.

My qualm is not with matchday pricing, it is with a lack of a special deal/promotion.

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Either Waggott has overestimated potential sales or his pricing has caused sales to fall below target. One of the 2. He deserves criticism and questioning either way, just as Mowbray would if he finished below his target, or say Dack scored less goals than his target.

My qualm is not with matchday pricing, it is with a lack of a special deal/promotion.

Those Targets did include half season.ticket sales.

Special deal/promotion? Why when you are ST holder? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those Targets did include half season.ticket sales.

Special deal/promotion? Why when you are ST holder? 

Either way, do you agree he should be judged on meeting targets like anyone else?

Whats that got to do with anything? I didnt mean for me to take advantage of or personally benefit from, the whole thread is about attendances. I meant in terms of getting higher attendances, you mentioned christmas as a potential reason that may limit attendances. My response being, it is the same every year, so why arent the club and Waggott more creative and proactive in coming up with deals to make it more affordable? 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Either way, do you agree he should be judged on meeting targets like anyone else?

Whats that got to do with anything? I didnt mean for me to take advantage of or personally benefit from, the whole thread is about attendances. I meant in terms of getting higher attendances, you mentioned christmas as a potential reason that may limit attendances. My response being, it is the same every year, so why arent the club and Waggott more creative and proactive in coming up with deals to make it more affordable? 

Chaddy doesn't do empathy rf99! Since Chaddy has a season ticket, promotional offers for individual games mean nothing to him.

In his world, the answer to higher attendances is that more people should buy season tickets.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His targets can still be met if half season ticket sell well

I have suggest some potential deals which if I remember correct you disagree with one or 2. 

is the cost the main problem or it is the quality of football at this level, the past 8 years under the owners, lack of PL football, People lack of time, work commitments, family commitments and with people who haven't been for a while have found other things to do. I know a few people who fall into these categories above. which is a shame but I respect their decisions just like any Blackburn Rovers. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

His targets were for full season tickets sold by a certain date. That was why he was able to state he hadn't met them. He can't now come out and say 'I changed the target date and the target and it's good news guys, we met them. Phew'.

It's heartening to know that's how it works in your head. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have suggest some potential deals which if I remember correct you disagree with one or 2. 

is the cost the main problem or it is the quality of football at this level, the past 8 years under the owners, lack of PL football, People lack of time, work commitments, family commitments and with people who haven't been for a while have found other things to do. I know a few people who fall into these categories above. which is a shame but I respect their decisions just like any Blackburn Rovers. 

The main thing you was pushing was tickets for a certain number of games to suit people working shifts. The only reason you suggested it was because it is one that may affect you and my counter argument was that it would just lead to current season ticket holders opting to downgrade to the new ticket which would offer much less games.

All of these potential reasons you list are not reasons that are new. Theres not a sudden shift in Rovers fans work shifts/patterns or increased family committments. For every fan who suddenly cannot go because of new shifts or family committments, another fan will be able to attend again. Id love to know whats going on in your head for that to be one of the main reasons as if theres been a sudden change. The club cant do anything about personal circumstance anyway, just like it cannot cancel christmas. What it can control, ie Waggott, is how much it charges for season tickets, whether it charges a matchday surcharge, and whether it comes up with inventive ways such as clever promotions to increase attendances.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16977667.rovers-chief-executive-discusses-ewood-park-crowds/?ref=ar

And where does it say that the target includes half season tickets? Waggott shows concern, shows a total ignorance towards historical sales, and a blatant disregard for the importance of cost, seemingly working on the assumption that as long as the team are doing well, price becomes less important.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The main thing you was pushing was tickets for a certain number of games to suit people working shifts. The only reason you suggested it was because it is one that may affect you and my counter argument was that it would just lead to current season ticket holders opting to downgrade to the new ticket which would offer much less games.

All of these potential reasons you list are not reasons that are new. Theres not a sudden shift in Rovers fans work shifts/patterns or increased family committments. For every fan who suddenly cannot go because of new shifts or family committments, another fan will be able to attend again. Id love to know whats going on in your head for that to be one of the main reasons as if theres been a sudden change. The club cant do anything about personal circumstance anyway, just like it cannot cancel christmas. What it can control, ie Waggott, is how much it charges for season tickets, whether it charges a matchday surcharge, and whether it comes up with inventive ways such as clever promotions to increase attendances.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16977667.rovers-chief-executive-discusses-ewood-park-crowds/?ref=ar

And where does it say that the target includes half season tickets? Waggott shows concern, shows a total ignorance towards historical sales, and a blatant disregard for the importance of cost, seemingly working on the assumption that as long as the team are doing well, price becomes less important.

Firstly, MY idea wasn't to suit me at all, cos I wouldn't be working that day if Rovers are playing at all in the league. I will be off simple as, so please stop lying roversfan99. But I do know 2 friends who cannot attend midweek games simply down to working shifts 

look at this link mention about half season ticket sales being part of the target

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-17.9.18.pdf

'SW stated that season tickets had been taken off sale after the Aston Villa game and that sales stood at 9,641. This was below the club’s stretch target of 10,500, although that target included half season ticket sales (typically around 300-400).'

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, MY idea wasn't to suit me at all, cos I wouldn't be working that day if Rovers are playing at all in the league. I will be off simple as, so please stop lying roversfan99. But I do know 2 friends who cannot attend midweek games simply down to working shifts 

look at this link mention about half season ticket sales being part of the target

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-17.9.18.pdf

'SW stated that season tickets had been taken off sale after the Aston Villa game and that sales stood at 9,641. This was below the club’s stretch target of 10,500, although that target included half season ticket sales (typically around 300-400).'

I knew it had some relevance to you but couldnt remember if it was either you or friends who were affected.

And even if you add 400 its still below target.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I knew it had some relevance to you but couldnt remember if it was either you or friends who were affected.

And even if you add 400 its still below target.

these friends don't have season ticket because of this reason. so they pick and choose their games instead. 

I think if we have good month we might sell double that figure. 

18 hours ago, J*B said:

Personally, getting rid of Lambert was a huge cause of celebration for me and Coyle's appointment actually has done some good in a strange way - relegation and the revival under Mowbray has made the club stronger than at any point since Big Sam left.  At long last we look like a proper club again with manager, players, administrators and owners all pulling in the same direction.

• Like 3

Didn’t feel like it on the train back from Brentford, but relegation has reinvigorated the club. It was all getting very stale, even before Coyle.

The club now seems to have a plan from the academy upwards, with professional people in situ, young English talent signed up for actual cash, players swiftly signed up to new deals, the community work, the social media output and so on all seems vastly improved. Away followings are at a consistently higher level than we’ve had for years. We just now need to seriously work on improving season ticket sales.

End of the day, the fact we are doing the business on the pitch is what puts a gloss on everything else, and therefore Mowbray was a master stroke. It’s been a largely horrendous decade, but for the first time since I saw the news they’d sacked Sam, I don’t get a knot in my stomach when I think of the club’s future and that must mean we are on the right track!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

As I have said before, this is really simple.

The club either want more to attend... or they don’t.

If they want to increase attendences, they (Waggott) would setup a task force to work on this specifically ( which could include a few fans, god forbid).

There is no silver bullet. They would write down all of the ideas. Many in this thread alone. Discuss them all. Action ALL of the good ones. Every idea worthy of 20 more in the ground is worth doing.

Result - higher attendences.

If they don’t want higher attendences, they will do nothing.

Result - nothing.

I think their true stance on this is pretty clear.

• Like 1

Considering we'd no idea what was going to follow Lambert and then with what eventually did I don't think there was any cause for celebration anywhere. Relegation was awful and looked like the final bell was really tolling for Rovers under this lot but at long last the law of averages went in our favour and whilst browsing the football manager scrap heap they literally finally landed on a 'gem' experienced enough and suited to our type of club and the mess it was in.  I don't think it was anything other than that.

I genuinely think Lambert would have turned out to be something steady but uninspiring along the lines of GB had he stayed but we'd certainly have avoided relegation for the time being. Probably he'd have had us plodding in lower mid Championship for a while at best so what would've happened after that who knows, he may have left a solid base but any appointment like Coyle would've ruined it anyway.

One thing I will admit is Lambo was/is seriously overated, mostly by himself I think.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1