BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

I've said for a long time that primary school children in BwD should be

It seems Waggott, Cheston, Caley and co. take home the same salary if we've got 12,000 on or 20,000 on home games so they won't be awake at night worrying about it. Waggott and Cheston are tasked by Venkys with reducing losses and increasing revenues so as long as there's evidence of progress on that front in the books that they can produce at the annual summit meeting - losses down and income up - then they'll be happy. The quickest and easiest way to ensure that is to bump up prices for those who can be relied upon to attend whatever the weather and to roll out the red carpet to away fans as they will come with no effort required from Rovers. Caley is tasked to ensure matchday runs smoothly without any serious issues. 11000 turning up all on the database is easier to manage and much lower risk than 20000 turning up from all over the place, drinking to excess and not being on the all important database to be tracked down.

The difference with Stanley is that it is Holt running the show and his back pocket money comes into and goes out of if less people turn up, so he might well lose sleep over it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Any kids now at Peel Park primary (and kids in the rest of Accy, Rishton, Ossy, Great Harwood) will be given free tickets and shirts for Stanley instead with Rovers nowhere to be seen.

18,000 empty seats...

Definitely needs to be pushed to the FF that we need more creative and community work...

Theyll probably point out they’ve been voted community club of the NW for about a hundred years in a row but the Accrington example is as strong evidence that more generous and modern techniques are required.

We have a hell of a lot more capacity! 

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Considering the FF advised the club to get around the surcharge furore by calling a full price match ticket (but bought before 12pm) ‘an early bird discount’ or whatever it was, I won’t be holding my breath...

Prices could come down but at the same time I just feel it’s been cheap for nearly 20 years, at one time ridiculously cheap - £199 for an adult season ticket in the premier league?

I think promotion pledges are a good idea personally but I think a loyalty scheme would be even better. 1% off for every year you’ve bought an ST up to 40%.

Reward those who’ve sat through Edinho Junior and co....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Considering the FF advised the club to get around the surcharge furore by calling a full price match ticket (but bought before 12pm) ‘an early bird discount’ or whatever it was, I won’t be holding my breath...

It’s become an echo chamber I’m afraid.

The hardcore do not want to be making offers to casual fans.

• Like 1

It’s not funny, Joseph, but it’s noteable that the same people still can’t be trusted not to abuse the laugh emoji button.

We need all the fans we can get and there is absolutely no impetus from the club to do so or the FF to demand that they do.

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s not funny, Joseph, but it’s noteable that the same people still can’t be trusted not to abuse the laugh emoji button.

We need all the fans we can get and there is absolutely no impetus from the club to do so or the FF to demand that they do.

Look it’s the dismissive grouping stuff I find now funny. I may fall into your hardcore group but I would love to see more olive branches to past “hardcore” now “casual”. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz said:

Look it’s the dismissive grouping stuff I find now funny. I may fall into your hardcore group but I would love to see more olive branches to past “hardcore” now “casual”. 

So what olive branches do you suggest?

We need people to get the bug again.

Imagine you’re already disenfranchised or out of the habit and you start getting that itch again, maybe egged on by friends.

You look at the match day price and go “£27 for Sheff Weds? I’ll not bother.”

But your mates persist and by Saturday your combination match is called off or you pilates class is cancelled and you decide to rock up to Ewood only to be told “£30 please”.

Do you honestly think that’s going to make you think: “I really need to get a half season ticket?” Or more likely “Nothing’s changed, has it, still taking the piss out of fans”?

Get people in with a good offer and a feeling of being wanted back.

Edited by Stuart

Just now, Stuart said:

Imagine you’re already disenfranchised or out of the habit and you start getting that itch again, maybe egged on by friends.

But your mates persist and by Saturday your combination match is called off or you pilates class is cancelled and you decide to rock up to Ewood only to be told “£30 please”.

Do you honestly think that’s going to make you think: “I really need to get a half season ticket?” Or more likely “Nothing’s changed, has it, still taking the piss out of fans”?

£30 is too much for a standard ticket for any game in my opinion, but (perfect scenario presented aside) I still don’t buy that most people wouldn’t know to pre order or, to put it another way - I think it’s probably more useful to those preaching/criticising the club as “#ripoffrovers” rather than the club itself, converting last minute sales into registered customers!

Just now, Biz said:

£30 is too much for a standard ticket for any game in my opinion, but (perfect scenario presented aside) I still don’t buy that most people wouldn’t know to pre order or, to put it another way - I think it’s probably more useful to those preaching/criticising the club as “#ripoffrovers” rather than the club itself, converting last minute sales into registered customers!

I’m talking about people who need a bit more convincing. Even £27 is too much - the £3 is just an insult/principle.

You don’t turn them into “registered customers” you turn them back into supporters!

Just now, gumboots said:

Can I say, I became a season ticket holder on the basis of free school tickets. I went as the staff member accompanying the kids

I genuinely respect anyone who could do 5 days,  AND A SATURDAY with school children! I’d be in serious trouble for language towards ref probably...! 

Just now, Stuart said:

I’m talking about people who need a bit more convincing. Even £27 is too much - the £3 is just an insult/principle.

You don’t turn them into “registered customers” you turn them back into supporters!

Product on pitch is 95% of that for me. I agree though more creative work is needed. Someone brought the June thread up on the forum- talk of riverside development, I’d personally pay a bit more for a decent safe standing in future if it was offered.

Just now, Biz said:

Product on pitch is 95% of that for me. I agree though more creative work is needed. Someone brought the June thread up on the forum- talk of riverside development, I’d personally pay a bit more for a decent safe standing in future if it was offered.

Safe standing is beyond the club’s control and isn’t happening any time soon.

What the club can do is designate an area for unreserved seating* - ideally the back 6 rows or front 6 rows of the BBE. The back is preferable and fans would likely stand. But is anyone likely to move? No, because “this is my seat and I’ve been sitting here for X years.

The could do to make a radical decision at the end of the season - like they did when they moved the family stand and have no renewal option in the BBE next season. Back however many rows become unreserved and the rest can be applied for on a first come first served basis. Just a one-off to create that segregation. In future seasons you can renew you BBE seat or your unreserved ST. Use the Riverside for surplus.

Wont happen. Why? “Because I’ve been sitting here for...”

* I’m not in favour of reopening the DE because it divides fans - and the atmosphere in the BBE is noticeably better this season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What the club can do is designate an area for unreserved seating* - ideally the back 6 rows or front 6 rows of the BBE. The back is preferable and fans would likely stand. But is anyone likely to move? No, because “this is my seat and I’ve been sitting here for X years.

* I’m not in favour of reopening the DE because it divides fans - and the atmosphere in the BBE is noticeably better this season.

If you make a change they’ll get used to it - even both of us agree on the Darwen end lower being moved back to other parts of the ground.

Think the idea on Bburn end is exactly how to sell it to “new” fans because prices are hard to move considerably without that TV money of the league above.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

There is no justification at all for the late purchase surcharge. Not one single valid excuse.

It's a disgrace. A huge boil on already spotty backside.