BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘£20 and a kid for a quid’ or whatever, something to make it seem attractive when it’s a game just before Christmas.

It isn’t an ‘offer’, when you could get a ticket for the Rotherham game in the Riverside for £19 and in the Blackburn End for £22.

When it’s a poor turn out, Waggott can throw his hands up and go ‘well we tried an offer for Norwich’

Waggott is out of touch with the fan base.

• Like 2

£27 tomorrow for the away fans - they will think all of their Xmas' have come at once!

You can usually add £20 to that for a one off at Hillsborough.

So less than £30 anywhere in the ground tomorrow is (unfortunately) not too bad for The Championship.

The bigger conversation is how ticket pricing in football is all over a bag of crap for the working class. Something's got to give... I would like us to brave sensible pricing in the future - and whether it fills the place or not, we need to consider our demographics...

Over a season 5,000 extra walk ons at a tenner less than current pricing will cost us a million quid in potential lost revenue, but would gain 1.7 in extra turnover, and it doesn't even have to be every game. The middle ground of this equation would likely balance, and still keep season ticket holders happy.

£15 for a game in the top half of the championship is the only way to even dream of getting those extra 5,000/2,500 bums on seats and we're at a nothing ventured, nothing gained impasse...

I'd like to shake that fan's forum into campaigning for this.

Bolton have a maximum £15 price band for unattractive fixtures, and so should we.

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Waggott is out of touch with the fan base.

Correct. They need to experiment more with pricing and understand that Blackburn is not an affluent area.

£10-15 tickets, £20 for 3 games, ‘Kids for a quid’, those sorts of incentives.

And get rid of that fucking surcharge, which relies on 8 out of 9 fans still walking on just to break even.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Correct. They need to experiment more with pricing and understand that Blackburn is not an affluent area.

£10-15 tickets, £20 for 3 games, ‘Kids for a quid’, those sorts of incentives.

And get rid of that fucking surcharge, which relies on 8 out of 9 fans still walking on just to break even.

No point going over all of those sensible ideas again Mike.

Waggott said at the recent meeting that the club priority was the cash and there wont be any offers.

You either buy a half ST or you aint a proper fan.

Waggott is out of touch. The end.

• Like 2

The Fan's Forum have been promised a mince pie each (made by Waggott's missus) at the next shindig if they never mention ticket prices. The supreme leader of the Forum responded by saying they had no intention of mentioning ticket prices so could they have two.  

Merry Christmas

The Fans Forum. 

Edited by blueboy3333

20 minutes ago, Franky said:

No point going over all of those sensible ideas again Mike.

Waggott said at the recent meeting that the club priority was the cash and there wont be any offers.

You either buy a half ST or you aint a proper fan.

Waggott is out of touch. The end.

Sad but true.

Those Dingles residing in the Rovers heartland of Great Harwood can’t watch every midweek Burnley game and that’s a league with a big profile that can withstand over saturation of TV coverage.

Yet you can in the second tier. Absolutely crackers and I hope there is a way to get the red button totally removed before it does lasting damage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The whole red button farce needs an urgent review by the EFL. Whoever negotiated that deal (Harvey I suspect) should be sacked. How on earth can they pull the plug on the red button access for pubs and clubs half way through the season.  I'm also pretty sure that Rovers advertised the game live in the Blues Bar on Wednesday. I don't agree with the red button coverage at all but to do what they have is a scandal.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

The whole red button farce needs an urgent review by the EFL. Whoever negotiated that deal (Harvey I suspect) should be sacked. How on earth can they pull the plug on the red button access for pubs and clubs half way through the season.  I'm also pretty sure that Rovers advertised the game live in the Blues Bar on Wednesday. I don't agree with the red button coverage at all but to do what they have is a scandal.

It's been a joke form the start. As you pointed out a few weeks ago the clubs were claiming they weren't ware of what they had signed up for in the summer. They've obviously kicked-off about it now and Harvey has compromised by banning pubs and clubs from showing it. Good for SKY because now more people will have to get a subscription rather than go to the pub. It's a racket. 

On 30/11/2018 at 13:19, Ozz said:

I assume this is as a reciprocal agreement has to be agreed with Norwich, who would be reluctant to give tickets away for our trip as its their last home game and may be up for promotion. 

Yeah i was thinking that, no way is this a reciprocal agreement, Norwich wont be charging us £20 thats for sure.

As said earlier on the thread this is just a offer to entice folk to buy early or to try and get the jack walker upper a bit fuller.

For weeks I have been reading 20 is plenty bla bla bla.. the club offer tickets (adult) @ 20 quid and everyone says it not an offer I can already sit in ( half empty ) riverside for less than that already. Normally the issue is with the cost to take the family, well here you go 2 adults 2 kids less than 50quid. Anyway it’s irrelivant because it should see and increase in attendance whether liked or not. It’s a funny weekend the weekend before Christmas, the club has tried to do something. 

Edited by AshleyClifford

It’s a more reasonable price, but it is still the limit of what it should be every week. So I’m not going to sing from the rafters that it’s not nearly £30 to sit in the Jack Walker for once.

For those that regularly buy walk on tickets in stands other than the Riverside they’ll save themselves a £5 or so and I’m glad for them.

But it isn’t an ‘offer’ that will attract many casual fans - though as it’s the weekend before Christmas Eve on the Monday, we may see a spike anyway due to exiled fans being back home etc and £20 may tempt a few more.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

A racket is exactly what it is @blueboy3333

But they are all in it for themselves:

‘Supporters’ want everyone to feel like they do and pay the club the asking price to make us competitive - noble if slightly naive.

‘Fans’ (aka ‘football fans’) want cheaper prices to be tempted out of the house to watch the local team that they have an affinity for but not at any cost.

‘Sky viewers’ (aka armchair fans) want value for money. Midweek red button means I can watch away games that I would not otherwise be able to get to (even if I could justify the total cost - including time off work). To others it is their preference for all games. Bring on 3pm Saturday kick offs.

’Pubs’ want to make money. Exploiting the gap between Sky subscriptions and ticket prices. With everything that has happen to pubs, not just the very damaging last 20 years but the previous 80 years of demographic and economic changes (mill town bust), I do feel sorry for pub landlords. They have the potential as a community place but with a dwindling customer-base, smoking bans and rising rent, they are fighting a losing battle. Sky is asking them to pay thousands for football coverage and then taking it away from them. Golden goose springs to mind.

‘Clubs’ also want to make money. They are competing with Sky and pubs but also take blood money from Sky so they can’t really complain. Going after pubs seems churlish if not cruel. But again, greed means that they can’t or won’t be realistic about pricing. They think by crushing the pub culture those people will instead come to Ewood. (Some numpty even said as much in the LT comments). Wake up call, they won’t - except maybe one or two. If anything they will become even more bitter. Then if the likes of Stanley offer imaginative deals for their football fix, a generation of future Rovers fans is potentially lost. “Why do you support Stanley?” “Cos my dad/grandad does and I go with him”. Hearts and minds, Waggott, not wallets and notes.

‘EFL’. Football vultures. Skimming money from clubs and paying themselves big bucks. All the while pretending they are there for the good of all clubs. Yet allow inequality between them and sign off unfair TV deals.

‘FA’. Archaic, out of date, irrelevant, non-organisation who sit back and watch. Focusing on trivial matters like rock-paper-scissors-gate to ‘uphold the laws of the game’.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I do feel sorry for pub landlords. They have the potential as a community place but with a dwindling customer-base, smoking bans and rising rent, they are fighting a losing battle.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/01/half-pubs-vanished-people-dont-go-out-hyndburn-lancashire

Accy-based, interesting article on just that theme.  

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course, there are demographic factors at work in east Lancs.

Take Revidge Road and Shear Brow, 6 pubs a decade ago, now zero.

Livesey Branch Road, 7 a decade ago, still 7.

Maybe those 7 will continue to get by without a Championship red button - however, I expect given the proximity to Ewood many of them would be down at Ewood anyway. Places like Rishton and Great Harwood in the no mans land between Blackburn, Accy and the dark side will have Rovers ‘fans’ who don’t go but may have family/children that do. If the club want people out of the pub and into the ground, make it attractive, don’t try to kill the competition. Northerners have short noses and long memories.

Not disageeeing, I’m just talking generally about the rate of pub closures.

As for the red button, the whole thing needs removing ASAP and that’s said as someone that has taken advantage of it three times already.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1