BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

So I received an email this morning (apologies if this has been discussed previously)

Hi David, our records suggest that you haven't attended a home game at Ewood Park so far this season, but have followed Rovers on the road. In return for feedback on your attendance habits, we'd like to offer you a FREE TICKET to the Norwich City game on Saturday 22nd December.

To complete the survey please click on the image below, your feedback will help inform our home ticketing strategy going forwards.

It'll be interesting to see how this boosts the crowd for the Norwich game and also what they do with the answers from the survey.............

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

So I received an email this morning (apologies if this has been discussed previously)

Hi David, our records suggest that you haven't attended a home game at Ewood Park so far this season, but have followed Rovers on the road. In return for feedback on your attendance habits, we'd like to offer you a FREE TICKET to the Norwich City game on Saturday 22nd December.

To complete the survey please click on the image below, your feedback will help inform our home ticketing strategy going forwards.

It'll be interesting to see how this boosts the crowd for the Norwich game and also what they do with the answers from the survey.............

This is smart by Rovers.

With regards to overall average attendances, I doubt we will make the 15,500 target but wouldn't be surprised to see it around 15,000 at season end. 

• Like 2

Going back to the red button issue, I feel the only way that it can continue without massively damaging attendances is if there is a rule introduced that states that when games are available via the red button or otherwise moved for TV then tickets are automatically heavily discounted to try and encourage people to attend.

By significant reduction I don't mean a few quid off the price of a ticket, I mean half price tickets. When we are away at Swansea on a Tuesday night and the game is live on Sky then they should not be allowed to charge our fans £30 each to attend. It should be £15.

If clubs complain about it then the League needs to remind them of the windfall they receive from Sky tv which covers any losses.

The only obstacles to doing this are firstly greed, as clubs won't agree to miss out on extra cash, and secondly how to navigate round the issue of season ticket holders who would probably be upset at numerous games being offered for pro-rata less than they have paid, but I'm sure the brainboxes paid 6 figure salaries could come up with a sensible way round that.

Failure to do so, along with continuation of the red button and Ifollow, even if restricted to domestic viewing and not in pubs and clubs, will cause extreme damage to attendances and long term numbers going to games.

Are they that bothered? Probably not at this point as they're reaping the benefits of both worlds at present, but it won't take long for people to give up going once they realise how easy it is.

The questions are as follows BTW if anyone is interested:

1. How many home games have you attended this season?

2. How many away games have you attended this season?

3. How many home games do you typically attend each season?

4. How many away games do you typically attend each season?

5. What prevents you attending home games?

Price
Work/Home commitments
Matchday experience/atmosphere
Other commitments (e.g. sport, shopping etc.)
Other (please specify)

6. What would encourage you to return to Ewood?

7. Did you attend the Oxford United fixture?

Yes
No

8. Any other comments relating to home matchday attendance?

Its just a Surveymonkey link.

From the wording of the email they're initially targeting fans with history (previous season ticket holder for 25+ years) that STILL go to away games but not currently home games.  Not sure it's a good idea posting the link to the survey on here as it's swaying their results.  If you fit into that bracket you'll get the email anyway.

Just now, Ossydave said:

From the wording of the email they're initially targeting fans with history (previous season ticket holder for 25+ years) that STILL go to away games but not currently home games.  Not sure it's a good idea posting the link to the survey on here as it's swaying their results.  If you fit into that bracket you'll get the email anyway.

I fit the description exactly. I'll keep an eye on my email.

Thanks

Depends.

I’d say an ‘unattractive’ away game where we took a small following, say Boro last week or Derby earlier in the season on a Tuesday will largely be committed season ticket holders.

However for games like West Brom and Stoke where we had a couple of thousand or local games like Preston will have large numbers of non ST holders.

Edited by Mattyblue

49 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I don't think there are that many people that fit into the criteria. Only a small minority who go away regularly don't go to home games in my experiance.

Waggott said there were 2500 who bought Preston tickets but had not been to a single home game this season how many other away matches attended wasn't disclosed

34 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Waggott said there were 2500 who bought Preston tickets but had not been to a single home game this season how many other away matches attended wasn't disclosed

As I said at the time that number can't possibly be accurate. I bought 4, for 2 season ticket holders along  with 2 who haven't attended. Are we all classed as ST holders?

We met and travelled with a party of 8 for whom the 2 organisers had bought 8 tickets between them. The organisers haven't been to a home game all season but most of the others in the party had. Are all 8 classed as non-attendees?

Its interesting they think they have data, and obviously there is a number of fans who attended Preston who don't attend Ewood, but I'd take the 2500 figure with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Hasta

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Are you going to take the club up on their offer and will you buy a half S/T on the back of it?

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Was listening to a show on the radio the other day, Monaco get attendances of 8,000 per home game. I didn't realise it was so low. 

What's the population of Monaco? I think the land size is something like an amazing 1 sq. mile!!  :o

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Are you going to take the club up on their offer and will you buy a half S/T on the back of it?

No to both. 

It's my daughters birthday the day before so otherwise occupied. 

Even if I'd gone to that I wouldn't be buying a half ST though,for the reasons I gave in the survey. 

I've missed literally 2 away this season, won't be going Leeds but will be at most others in the foreseeable. 

8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

No to both. 

It's my daughters birthday the day before so otherwise occupied. 

Even if I'd gone to that I wouldn't be buying a half ST though,for the reasons I gave in the survey. 

I've missed literally 2 away this season, won't be going Leeds but will be at most others in the foreseeable. 

According to Steve Waggot

You are not a proper fan

No comittment.

I went to nearly all away games last season and been to five this season. I get a lad with a season ticket to go down and use his season ticket to get me a ticket and pick it up off him on the day and give him cash so on the database I've been to a handful of home games this calendar year. I suppose they have to work off estimates but I can imagine a few people go down and grab a few tickets on their season ticket for friends etc

1. How many home games have you attended this season?

None

2. How many away games have you attended this season?

None

3. How many home games do you typically attend each season?

None

4. How many away games do you typically attend each season?

None

5. What prevents you attending home games?

My utter contempt for the club's owners

6. What would encourage you to return to Ewood?

New owners preferably with strong historical links with the club

7. Did you attend the Oxford United home fixture.

No

8. Any other comments relating to home matchday attendance?

It's not as much as it was before the current owners.

Edited by Rover_Shaun