BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Get a bottle of Heineken, they can't mess those up!

The Rovers ones are brewed in Uk and 3 quid, the WMC is £1.45 and it’s imported...! I hate to think I’m a lager snob but I’m sure they can do better than plastic fosters and some overpriced 330ml plastic bottle! 

Had three pints of Munich Paulaner hell 4.9 imported tonight, and I’d happy pay the 4 quid a pop for that kind of quality drink! Take note Waggo! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As I said before, depends on the game. Night match at Derby? Largely ST holders.

A game like Preston there will be a shed load of non home attendees.

Take my cousins as an example, they like ‘events’. Juicy away games with a day on the ale, Burnley at home, a big cup tie etc. As much as it annoys me they would never go to Ewood at nearly £30 for a run of the mill Rovers v Sheff Wed .

There are loads like that.

I agree with your comments here, but the original discussion was that a large number who go regularly away, do not go to home games. I do not agree with that statement 

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As I said before, depends on the game. Night match at Derby? Largely ST holders.

A game like Preston there will be a shed load of non home attendees.

Take my cousins as an example, they like ‘events’. Juicy away games with a day on the ale, Burnley at home, a big cup tie etc. As much as it annoys me they would never go to Ewood at nearly £30 for a run of the mill Rovers v Sheff Wed .

There are loads like that.

I agree with the above views, but the original discussion was that there where many people that go away regularly, who do not go to home games. I disagree with that statement. 

On 15/12/2018 at 11:27, rigger said:

I agree with the above views, but the original discussion was that there where many people that go away regularly, who do not go to home games. I disagree with that statement. 

There is!

For a standard 3pm away game in the north or midlands there will be ‘many’. I know loads, plenty of other posters know loads. I’m surprised you think that it isn’t the case?

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

There is!

For a standard 3pm away game in the north or midlands there will be ‘many’. I know loads, plenty of other posters know loads. I’m surprised you think that it isn’t the case?

Loads is not a quantifiable number, perhaps the loads you know are the same loads that the other posters know. In my travels this season I have met and talked to eight different people who go away, but haven't been  to any  home games . I am not saying they are the only ones, but in my view it is far from hundreds, never mind thousands.

Edited by rigger

Fair enough, we obviously come across different people. But the club themselves have said it too. I agree, Derby, Boro, Swansea, mainly Ewood goers.

Preston, Stoke, West Brom, definitely more than ‘tens of people’ that don’t attend Ewood and I’d imagine the club’s database backs that up.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Fair enough, we obviously come across different people. But the club themselves have said it too. I agree, Derby, Boro, Swansea, mainly Ewood goers.

Preston, Stoke, West Brom, definitely more than ‘tens of people’ that don’t attend Ewood and I’d imagine the club’s database backs that up.

It can't be proven, so let's agree to differ.

Edited by rigger

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Indeed. 

End of the day I’m not particularly bothered. All that matters to me is that the club moves hell and high water to try and improve season ticket sales this summer.

This survey at least shows some realisation on their part that more needs to be done.

Season ticket ‘sales’ or ‘revenue’ because the only thing Waggott has in mind is another price increase.

Which will increase revenue providing existing ST holders don’t stop showing their commitment, of course.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Enlighten me then. FYI YOU were the one who brought the tiresome drivel to the forum by quoting the survey then telling everyone you were no longer going to Ewood. You then stated Rovers fans were d**ks and that's why you didn't go to Ewood. So which is it?

On the insults front that's N*b , D**khead, T*t and D**k in your recent posts. You're a very eloquent man. 

People weren't actually aware of the survey so I mentioned it. 

If the cap fits wear it, all those words describe you perfectly. 

So about Newcastle then? Don't tell me a super fan like you isn't going? 

It sounds like Bolton are backing down under some intense pressure and reducing their prices for their upcoming game v WBA. They tried charging £32 for a Monday night game and West Brom fans kicked off and sounds like Bolton might be offering buy one get one free on tickets to season ticket holders of both clubs. 

I noticed the other day that Birmingham are doing £15 anywhere in the ground for one of their upcoming games.

There's a lot from Rovers about 'backing the lads' and showing 'total committment' but other than a slight reduction on advance tickets for Norwich I'm not seeing much imagination or effort at Rovers end. Dress it up however you like and put popular Mowbray in front of the cameras every day to appeal for more people but when all is said and done it is mid-table 2nd division football, neck end of £30 most weeks for adults and that is never going to see an escalation in numbers unless either prices change or we shoot up the table. I've already raised issues I have with the going through the motions matchday 'entertainment' in comparison to things I've seen at other clubs where attempts are made to keep people in and around the ground on matchdays.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/december/back-us-in-your-numbers-urges-tony/

Tony urges stay-ways to support their local club.

Hopefully there are no cheap ale deals on at Accy. 

It’s starting to sound like rhetoric right now.

“Things aren’t quite what we’d like”

”Turn a few more draws into wins and we’d be right in the top 6”

”We are a couple of players away from killing teams off”

It’s in his gift to change it and yet I expect we’ll see Evans and Smallwood at the heart of the team again tomorrow.

We could sign two new midfielders in January and we’ll still see The Corry and Ritchie Show until the new lads can do the business in training enough to justify 15 minute cameos. One per game, not both.

Edited by Stuart
Saturday, not tomorrow - getting ahead of myself

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It sounds like Bolton are backing down under some intense pressure and reducing their prices for their upcoming game v WBA. They tried charging £32 for a Monday night game and West Brom fans kicked off and sounds like Bolton might be offering buy one get one free on tickets to season ticket holders of both clubs. 

I noticed the other day that Birmingham are doing £15 anywhere in the ground for one of their upcoming games.

There's a lot from Rovers about 'backing the lads' and showing 'total committment' but other than a slight reduction on advance tickets for Norwich I'm not seeing much imagination or effort at Rovers end. Dress it up however you like and put popular Mowbray in front of the cameras every day to appeal for more people but when all is said and done it is mid-table 2nd division football, neck end of £30 most weeks for adults and that is never going to see an escalation in numbers unless either prices change or we shoot up the table. I've already raised issues I have with the going through the motions matchday 'entertainment' in comparison to things I've seen at other clubs where attempts are made to keep people in and around the ground on matchdays.

NYD would have been ideal for us to offer a proper deal.

However, as it’s the mighty West Brom, Waggott has made it Cat A, on the assumption they’ll be bringing hordes he can fleece. Alas, they won’t, they’ve sold around 900 so far.

You make it £15 anywhere in the ground, we’d sell a good few on a bank holiday and I’d imagine they’d fetch plenty more too. Be a good occasion, but no make it around £30 and have the usual 13,000.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s starting to sound like rhetoric right now.

“Things aren’t quite what we’d like”

”Turn a few more draws into wins and we’d be right in the top 6”

”We are a couple of players away from killing teams off”

It’s in his gift to change it and yet I expect we’ll see Evans and Smallwood at the heart of the team again tomorrow.

We could sign two new midfielders in January and we’ll still see The Corry and Ritchie Show until the new lads can do the business in training enough to justify 15 minute cameos. One per game, not both.

Cynical but I agree

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

"It’ll be a great game for us, hopefully with a big crowd, as I imagine a lot of Blackburn people will be back in the area for Christmas"- Mogga

That's true of Boxing Day but not normally 4 days before Christmas. 

Waggott has missed a trick twice now (at least twice).

Not getting keenly-priced (or even loyalty rewarded) STs on sale for the Oxford game and now not putting a £10 game on the day after mad-Friday when everyone has spent up or putting a deal on half-STs attached to the ticket price for Saturday.

Crap pricing strategy; crowds remain static or below forecast; blame fans and question their commitment; FF members nod sagely.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

West Brom on NYD would have been ideal for us to offer a proper deal.

However, as it’s the mighty West Brom, Waggott has made it Cat A, on the assumption they’ll be bringing hordes he can fleece. Alas, they won’t, they’ve sold around 900 so far.

You make it £15 anywhere in the ground, we’d sell agood few on a bank holiday and I’d imagine they’d fetch plenty more too. Be a good occasion, but no make it around £30 and have the usual 13,000.

Errr Earth to Matty

The club already stated there will be no deals.