BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

I actually stopped attending the season before relegation when Coyle was appointed, the BBE upper was closed without consultation and I got a snotty letter from the club asking why I was in the BBE upper, when I'd offered to move when my kids were no longer juniors only to be told by the club that they were quite happy for us to keep our seats there provided demand for the family stand did not mean they needed to move us. 

I've never been to Benidorm either but don't let facts get in the way of a dig, will you? I am however very fortunate in that I am able to enjoy retirement by travelling outside school holidays for the first time in my life. I don't expect you to care why I don't attend. I don't expect any other fan to care. This all started because I happened to attend at the weekend and merely remarked that it was a pity for me that the replay is probably on the 1 night in the next month that I can't attend. It probably suits others that it's likely to be 15th Jan and I hope you all get down there and thoroughly enjoy yourevening. Bring on Watford. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It is a rallying call and no reason at all why there shouldn't be 20,000 on.

No excuses seeing as the club is doing exactly what everyone on here has urged them too.

In fact, if there aren't 20,000+ at Ewood then everything everyone including me has been arguing for to boost gates will be proven totally wrong.

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

I actually stopped attending the season before relegation when Coyle was appointed, the BBE upper was closed without consultation and I got a snotty letter from the club asking why I was in the BBE upper, when I'd offered to move when my kids were no longer juniors only to be told by the club that they were quite happy for us to keep our seats there provided demand for the family stand did not mean they needed to move us. 

I've never been to Benidorm either but don't let facts get in the way of a dig, will you? I am however very fortunate in that I am able to enjoy retirement by travelling outside school holidays for the first time in my life. I don't expect you to care why I don't attend. I don't expect any other fan to care. This all started because I happened to attend at the weekend and merely remarked that it was a pity for me that the replay is probably on the 1 night in the next month that I can't attend. It probably suits others that it's likely to be 15th Jan and I hope you all get down there and thoroughly enjoy yourevening. Bring on Watford. 

So did I...and it was my second "boycott". I so get the frustration with the disrespect shown, since 2010.

I don't think you need to justify yourself to anyone. I am interested in the varied opinions and positions of different posters. That is what the message board is for. 

I have never been to Benidorm beither, but a very long time ago, I made the mistake of going to Magaluf once! Don't go...

I'll be honest, Im a season ticket holder but wouldnt have attended the replay. Now its only a tenner I more 50/50 than not going.

Its not even the cost thats swaying me either. Its more that the club are making some effort, maybe I should to kinda thing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Mowbray's comments in the LT article. For example:

I just wondered if the salesman-ship like this actually has an effect on any supporters. And other recent stuff; lines such as "Corry has committed. Have you?"

Haven't seen the Telegraph today yet. 

24 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Has anybody here who isn't thinking of turning up had their mind changed due to that rallying call?

I think it is fair enough for Tony to say things like that. I am sure Don Mackay and Bobby Saxton said similar.

But the game has sold its soul to TV long ago and even I  can see the attraction and convenience of watching it in comfort by the fire, maybe with a beer.( I will be going to Ewood by the way.)

1 minute ago, OnePhilT said:

I agree, but I just wanted to actually know if it works on people or not. Going off @FGS5635's post, above, maybe it does have a bit of sway.

I guess it works for a few. It would certainly make me feel a bit guilty, if I wasn't going lol.

I think that Tony is actually quite frustrated that some are staying away because of the "ever so 'umble" Venky's. He has certainly tried to intervene on that...and quite skilfully too imo.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

It is a rallying call and no reason at all why there shouldn't be 20,000 on.

No excuses seeing as the club is doing exactly what everyone on here has urged them too.

In fact, if there aren't 20,000+ at Ewood then everything everyone including me has been arguing for to boost gates will be proven totally wrong.

Totally agree Phil.

But cup ties are a strange phenomenon at Ewood. There’s 10,000-ish season ticket holders, but many just won’t turn up. So unlike league games where they are counted anyway, as they aren’t for cup games, it blows a hole in any crowd figure.

Are Newcastle likely to fill the whole end ? They are not exactly in love with their team / owners at the moment. Even at £10, the first tie attracted 36,000 as opposed to their usual 50,000 for a league match.

Not sure they will turn up in their usual numbers.

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Are Newcastle likely to fill the whole end ? They are not exactly in love with their team / owners at the moment. Even at £10, the first tie attracted 36,000 as opposed to their usual 50,000 for a league match.

Not sure they will turn up in their usual numbers.

From my understanding Newcastle have said that they expect to sell about 1,500 tickets, well below the 4-5,000 we might have expected. 

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Totally agree Phil.

But cup ties are a strange phenomenon at Ewood. There’s 10,000-ish season ticket holders, but many just won’t turn up. So unlike league games where they are counted anyway, as they aren’t for cup games, it blows a hole in any crowd figure.

Frankly, turning up next Tuesday is mission critical for Rovers supporters.

Good attendance = case proven on pricing

Bad attendance = why should Venky's keep supporting losses when Blackburn folk can't even support the club for a tenner? Stuff the transfer budget.  

• Like 3

But as JHR has stated, weren't the club obliged to sell the tickets for the same price as Newcastle? At the moment, until an announcement by the Beeb/BT, we don't know what night it might be played, or even whether it is televised?

Many posters have sighted FA Cup games as a strange phenomenon at Ewood. The crowd will be hit by TV coverage, Newcastle by all accounts won't bring their usual large following, 12-14,0000 tops I would predict.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

If it's on TV, even if it's cheap, there won't be loads on, I guarantee it. 

I'm a season ticket holder and if it's on TV midweek, I'd think twice about going (as much as I'm the first to admit that there's no substitute for being there). 

3 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

But as JHR has stated, weren't the club obliged to sell the tickets for the same price as Newcastle? At the moment, until an announcement by the Beeb/BT, we don't know what night it might be played, or even whether it is televised?

Many posters have sighted FA Cup games as a strange phenomenon at Ewood. The crowd will be hit by TV coverage, Newcastle by all accounts won't bring their usual large following, 12-14,0000 tops I would predict.

Clubs used to have to agree on prices, but they don't now, that's why Reading subsidised their fans £45 (yes £45!!!) tickets to bring them down to £30 at Old Trafford. Although the clubs could still have had an agreement, like we did with Norwich in the league.

Edited by AAK

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

Bad attendance = why should Venky's keep supporting losses when Blackburn folk can't even support the club for a tenner? Stuff the transfer budget.  

NAPM

37 minutes ago, AAK said:

Clubs used to have to agree on prices, but they don't now, that's why Reading subsided their fans £45 (yes £45!!!) tickets to bring them down to £30 at Old Trafford. Although the clubs could still have had an agreement, like we did with Norwich in the league.

F*** off. Would reading fans had to have paid £75 otherwise? That is f**king outrageous!!!! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

An amusing study in externalisation! 

Ask instead: Why did Venky's trash the club in the first place, alienating so many fans.

FOV!

• Like 5