BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

• Backroom

I’m part of the problem, season ticket holder, not been to a cup game in a few years, not since Fode Koita came on and had a shot against a team I can’t recall in a limp loss.

Not had much thought about if I’ll attend the replay or not, I certainly wouldn’t at full price but £10 is tempting

It's not often I agree with Philip but I do on this one, if Venky's are reading this thread they must wonder why they bother really, I know the situation is largely of their own making but  Fans take it as read as though it's absolutely nothing that they have absorbed a loss of 110m plus without batting an eyelid and are seemingly prepared to fund ongoing losses of 10 - 15 m p.a. and still expect a huge kitty every transfer window.

Yet when an attractive tie against Premier League opposition comes up people are apparently prepared to consider going for a tenner but not if it's any more.

"Rovers 'til I die." (as long as it's at a ridiculously discounted price of course)

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not often I agree with Philip but I do on this one, if Venky's are reading this thread they must wonder why they bother really, I know the situation is largely of their own making but  Fans take it as read as though it's absolutely nothing that they have absorbed a loss of 110m plus without batting an eyelid and are seemingly prepared to fund ongoing losses of 10 - 15 m p.a. and still expect a huge kitty every transfer window.

Yet when an attractive tie against Premier League opposition comes up people are apparently prepared to consider going for a tenner but not if it's any more.

"Rovers 'til I die." (as long as it's at a ridiculously discounted price of course)

Bollocks! There were 20k+ paying over £20 each when them tossers turned up. They've gutted the club

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Bollocks! There were 20k+ paying over £20 each when them tossers turned up. They've gutted the club

But what is there to moan about now?  It's presumptuous to assume a Club our size could never have been relegated from the Premier League and I keep getting told on here the manager is doing a brilliant job and we're over-achieving etc etc.

I know I've been more critical than most of what's been happening on the field this season but my view has always been you hold up your end of the bargain as a supporter of the Club by buying your season ticket and / or match day ticket then you can moan.

This tie also presents an opportunity to temporarily escape from the mundane slog to finish in the bottom half of the Championship and enjoy a bit of success by claiming a Premier League scalp. The supporters should be all over it whether it's £10 or £20. Not "I'll see if it's on TV." etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It’s their debt because of their idiocy!

Being grateful to them is like being grateful that a bloke who bet the mortgage on the horses and had to take out a credit card to buy the shopping instead of robbing his kids piggy banks.

• Like 2

End of the day if most season ticket holders turn up, it’ll be a decent crowd, as I imagine a fair few match by match ticket buyers/casual fans will be there.

If they don’t, it won’t, as we don’t have a vast fanbase outside the season ticket holder base to take up the slack.

So it’s not as easy as saying ‘Why do the owners bother, when the fans can’t be arsed’ as that group are arsed as a rule as they buy a season ticket. They just don’t normally bother with cup ties, maybe they will this time, but I have my doubts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s their debt because of their idiocy!

Being grateful to them is like being grateful that a bloke who bet the mortgage on the horses and had to take out a credit card to buy the shopping instead of robbing his kids piggy banks.

Also, the part about putting 10 - 15 million quid in a year to keep the club ticking over is just modern football. Who was it that shared a link which shows that practically every club in this division in reliant on their owners putting in 90%? They would have known that this football club is not self-sufficient when they bought it.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's the extra cost for me. I have a ST and that's all I can afford really. I don't do away games anymore due to cost and I wouldn't do a Tuesday night cup game normally due to high ticket price and cost of transport. At £10 I can justify it but it will still be a £30+ evening out due to transport.

So, yeah, "Rovers on a Tuesday against Newcastle reserves in a hugely devalued competition at the right price till I die"

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blackburn Bob said:

If you can't support your team for a tenner, in the oldest cup competition in the world and against Premier league opposition you should question if your actually a supporter imo. 

What a stupid comment. You don't know anything about anyone else's financial commitments. 

I know of long standing season ticket holders who miss night games because they work until 5.30 or 6 and the mad rush to get home, eat and get ready is just too much hassle. The cost to them is immaterial. I also know some who have childminding issues. I just don't get why anybody thinks they have the right to criticise non attendance when the accuser simply doesn't know anybody's personal circumstances.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Stockholm till I die lol

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

I don't know why Venky's couldn't be bothered to respect the Jack Walker legacy, but it is what it is....

Anyhow, during the week- people work away/work until late/work out of town/work shifts/can't get down to the ground in time etc. 

Everyone's circumstances are completely different, not everybody lives within spitting distance of Ewood, works locally and finishes in time......

Just now, K-Hod said:

I don't know why Venky's couldn't be bothered to respect the Jack Walker legacy, but it is what it is....

Anyhow, during the week- people work away/work until late/work out of town/work shifts/can't get down to the ground in time etc. 

Everyone's circumstances are completely different, not everybody lives within spitting distance of Ewood, works locally and finishes in time......

To think I used to travel 60 miles for an early round Full Members Cup game!

I am going again...but I know it will never be the same. 

It's funny how some happily berate fans for watching the match on TV instead. I confess to rather more resentment, when people chose to attend that Blackpool game, when there were hundreds of 'pool fans outside with us.

Funny old world, as Jimmy Greaves would say...but that is what the Venky way of "respecting the Jack Walker leagacy" has delivered..

Happy New Year from a divided fanbase!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, philipl said:

It is a rallying call and no reason at all why there shouldn't be 20,000 on.

No excuses seeing as the club is doing exactly what everyone on here has urged them too.

In fact, if there aren't 20,000+ at Ewood then everything everyone including me has been arguing for to boost gates will be proven totally wrong.

There won't be anything like 20,000 on - in fact I'd be surprised if there's 15,000. We could even have a situation like Blackpool - Arsenal in which there'd more Newcastle than Rovers fans. 

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't know why Venkys bother, I just wish they wouldn't. Sell!

• Like 1

I have a mate who goes with his 7 year old son to games. A midweek game on a school night, where the kid wouldnt get hom until after 11pm means the kid cant go.

Does my mate go alone or does he watch the game at home on tv with his 7 year old son and enjoy the game together?

Thats the dilema for a good chunk of people midweek who go with their kids

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FGS5635 said:

I have a mate who goes with his 7 year old son to games. A midweek game on a school night, where the kid wouldnt get hom until after 11pm means the kid cant go.

Does my mate go alone or does he watch the game at home on tv with his 7 year old son and enjoy the game together?

Thats the dilema for a good chunk of people midweek who go with their kids

That's pretty much where I am with my 8 year old lad, I took him to the first game and made a weekend of it. He absolutely loved it and has already asked if we can go the replay.

Despite it being good prices, I'll probably finish work at around 5ish that day, and live around an hour on a good run away from Ewood. If it goes to extra time and penalties it could well be midnight before we get home.

So do I go on my own and be a "proper fan" or do I get a takeaway and some snacks in and watch it on TV with my lad where he can potentially be in bed by 930 instead? (Even that is pushing it he's usually fast asleep by 8/830 in the week!)

I think I know which side I'm leaning towards.

• Like 2

I have not one iota, jot, stuff, call it what you will, of sympathy for those that own us. They have made their bed. If they are as rich as it seems, call the loss of money every month penance for their sheer incompetence at buying a play thing, and playing at it. If they were such hard headed business people, they should have listened to their very experienced then board about how to run a football club in the PL.

Be careful what you wish for. It is now turning the fans against each other again. Fans have free choice and free will. No fan is necessarily better than another. The Loons have ground down many a previously loyal fan (me included). I have reasons for not going next Tuesday. It doesn't stop me watching the game on TV and wanting us to win. 

It also doesn't stop me wanting to see the back of them. I still don't see them as fit and proper owners even now. They simply bank roll the club IMO, lack any passion for the club/town/tradition of our great club. Why do they bother? A great question, and one they have never looked to answer!

• Like 9