BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think the price is major problem, its the lack of PL football and people who haven't been for while find other things to do.,

16.50 pounds per game is a great deal for the majority of people out there

I suspect and predict that the uptake on these tickets will be fairly minimal because £99 is a lot of money for 6 matches with almost certainly absolutely no significance to them, with both play offs and the relegation places out of reach.

As @Mattyblue has covered before, I would agree that a one off, no strings attached (no bring a friend nonsense) "tickets for a fiver/tenner" would be a better way of looking to improve attendances.

I also would like to see a small cut in season ticket prices in the summer, with a strong (and less passive aggressive than that for half season tickets) advertising campaign about a genuine promotion push, with a mentality that floating fans are not ones we should be turning our nose up at or blaming for not seeing Rovers as number 1 priority in their life, instead empathising with them and realising that just because they are tougher nuts to crack to get them into the ground, but they are just as important when they are in. Some people have got out of the habit of going. It happens. Lets try and get them back in rather than berate them.

Get the fans back, then you have scope to increase prices slightly in the future with the foundations of a bigger regular supporter base behind it.

Alas, I suspect that even if season tickets were increased to £600 in the summer, you would be telling people to stop moaning, that £26 per game is very good value and readily available to everyone, that Waggott is doing is a smashing job and that it shouldnt matter what the prices are like because people should get behind and understand what Mowbray is trying to do. So that is my final word on it. Thats what id do anyway above.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect and predict that the uptake on these tickets will be fairly minimal because £99 is a lot of money for 6 matches 

Sorry but I can’t do any further into your post without pointing out that the first sentence is utter garbage.

This thread is hilarious, I’ve never seen so many people try to justify the non-attendance  position.

You talk as if it’s putting off fans - as MagicalM said, the same fans are complaining that we aren’t investing more money on the team.

Genuinely, what is a game worth these days? Rather than avoid the question and go into some anti Chaddy rant, you tell me what you think the average game should cost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a good deal for regulars like us but it won’t attract the odd match a season floating fan.

Seems fairly obvious to me, so not sure what you’re ranting about?

Yes or no;

“99 is a lot of money for 6 matches”

For me? No, because I wouldn’t buy a season ticket at that pro rata price if I thought it was. But we aren’t taking about people that buy season tickets.

For a fella that picks and chooses odd matches at say £22, £100 for the Riverside, £110 in the Blackburn End, £140 in the Jack Walker in one go is a lot of outlay.

You, like chaddy seem to forget that fanbases are made up of different types of fans. Main two being - the core that buy season tickets (or might) and those that won’t commit to multi match tickets and pick and choose games.

Both types need catering to and considering we have 18,000 empty seats, there is much scope to do both.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

For me? No, because I wouldn’t buy a season ticket at that pro rata price if I thought it was. But we aren’t taking about people that buy season tickets.

For a fella that picks and chooses odd matches at say £22, £100 for the Riverside, £110 in the Blackburn End, £140 in the Jack Walker in one go is a lot of outlay.

You, like chaddy seem to forget that fanbases are made up of different types of fans. Main two being - the core that buy season tickets (or might) and those that won’t commit to multi match tickets and pick and choose games.

Both types need catering to and considering we have 18,000 empty seats, there is much scope to do both.

Again, 17 quid a game isn’t a price anyone could legitimately complain about.

Yet they do, and will. I’m not attempting to justify it like you are.

• Like 1

I’m being a realist. The fanbase is the fanbase.

I wish we had 20,000 folk like us, but we don’t.

I wish those pickers and choosers committed to the club like we do, but they won’t.

But I still want to fill seats, so I won’t cut my nose off to spite my face.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m being a realist. The fanbase is the fanbase.

I wish we had 20,000 folk like us, but we don’t.

I wish those pickers and choosers committed to the club like we do, but they won’t.

But I still want to fill seats, so I won’t cut my nose off to spite my face.

So don’t put the rationale down to price. 

Its not, and never has been about cost.

Theres plenty who will come back, but only through success on the pitch.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Why don't they do 6 separate games at £17 each and not make people buy 6 games for £100?

Marketing is subjective. I think these multi ticket deals are a good way of getting people into the regular habit.

Eh? Are you just being contrary for the sake of it now?

We would sell many, many more season tickets on promotion and only promotion. So yes price is secondary to success to that type of fan.

However, I’m talking about the kind of fans that never buy season tickets. For that kind of fan, 6 games for £100-£140 doesnt attract them because they don’t commit to that kind of outlay.

So for THAT type of fan, single match offers are better. Though we should offer both, considering our spare capacity.

I don’t think what I’m saying is remotely controversial.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

So don’t put the rationale down to price. 

Its not, and never has been about cost.

Theres plenty who will come back, but only through success on the pitch.

Marketing is subjective. I think these multi ticket deals are a good way of getting people into the regular habit.

You're discussing price yet failing to acknowledge that forcing people to buy 6 tickets at an average of £17 per game is not the same as charging people £17 for an individual game. So if someone can't be arsed buying 6 games they won't be able to buy a ticket for one game for £17. Its like you've done a straw man or summink.?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We would sell many, many more season tickets on promotion and only promotion. So yes price is secondary to success to that type of fan.

However, I’m talking about the kind of fans that never buy season tickets. For that kind of fan, 6 games for £100-£140 doesnt attract them because they don’t commit to that kind of outlay.

So for THAT type of fan, single match offers are better.

Everyone gets the floating fan isn't going to spend £100 on 6 tickets for 6 games with nowt riding on them but that they might go to one game for a tenner. Well nearly everyone?

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You're discussing price yet failing to acknowledge that forcing people to buy 6 tickets at an average of £17 per game is not the same as charging people £17 for an individual game. So if someone can't be arsed buying 6 games they won't be able to buy a ticket for one game for £17. Its like you've done a straw man or summink.?

Whilst you’re bumbling for reasons to justify non attendance on cost, remember the key part of what I disagree with is; ”99 is a lot of money for 6 matches”

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So for THAT type of fan, single match offers are better. Though we should offer both, considering our spare capacity.

I’m not sure how suggesting success is the main barometer for attendance figures is being contrary.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Everyone gets the floating fan isn't going to spend £100 on 6 tickets for 6 games with nowt riding on them but that they might go to one game for a tenner. Well nearly everyone?

What’s the main goal here? Bring back attendance and atmosphere or appease the those who will only attend one off games?

Price will always be secondary to the stuff on the pitch. Since you’re obsessed with Strawmen, at 10 pound, would ten thousand extra turn up for last years final game (vs Oxford) If we hadn’t been promoted?

All three of us know the answer to that.

I’ve been talking about a 2/3 matches a season match ticket buyers, not potential season ticket buyers. 

Totally agree that many of the second group will only re-emerge on promotion, the first are a distinct group that don’t buy full/half or quarter season tickets. So also need catering for with some offers.

Presume we are now on the same page?

Edited by Mattyblue

7 minutes ago, Biz said:

Whilst you’re bumbling for reasons to justify non attendance on cost, remember the key part of what I disagree with is; ”99 is a lot of money for 6 matches”

Not to me because I have a ST. I'm not trying to justify non attendance either  (straw man No 2 of the day) 

99 quid is a lot of money if you dont go anyway. That's the point. Try and apply some context. 

13 minutes ago, Biz said:

Price will always be secondary to the stuff on the pitch. Since you’re obsessed with Strawmen, at 10 pound, would ten thousand extra turn up for last years final game (vs Oxford) If we hadn’t been promoted?

All three of us know the answer to that.

Would 15 thousand extra (which is, what it actually was) turn if tickets against Oxford were £25 quid? No. So price is not always secondary to stuff on the pitch at all. Price is often the determining factor for people atte ding  which is why everytime we slash prices for either ST's or match tickets crowds go up. Ask John Williams. 

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Sorry but I can’t do any further into your post without pointing out that the first sentence is utter garbage.

This thread is hilarious, I’ve never seen so many people try to justify the non-attendance  position.

You talk as if it’s putting off fans - as MagicalM said, the same fans are complaining that we aren’t investing more money on the team.

Genuinely, what is a game worth these days? Rather than avoid the question and go into some anti Chaddy rant, you tell me what you think the average game should cost.

Unfortunately you aren’t able to debate the reasons this isn’t cause and effect.

Sorry but when you stick sarcastic laugh emojis on posts where the counter-argument is put forward you can’t expect to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

Why not offer a ST that can be paid over 12 months interest free rather than 9 months with interest?

Make anticipated low attendance games £10.

Cup games £10 with ST's having first dibs on their own seat.

Catt B games £20 with £2.50 being redeemable at bar / club shop.

But I do fall into the camp that believes success on the pitch is by far the biggest reason floating fans attend.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a good deal for regulars like us but it won’t attract the odd match a season floating fan.

Seems fairly obvious to me, so not sure what you’re ranting about?

It’s a good deal for regulars like us. Except we’ve already got season tickets.

Offers need to be aimed at bringing in new future season ticket holders. Even if loss-leaders.