BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

On 13/02/2019 at 10:10, MCMC1875 said:

CHOICE There's one cask ale pump I think - it might be the only one in use in the whole ground. There are/were hand pumps in every bar in the Riverside which haven't been used for years.

PRICES £3.80 for Fosters is not standard pub prices in East Lancs plus £1 entry or £50(?) per season membership for Blues Bar.

FOOD The pies are ok. Can't comment on the rest of the menu.

BANDS/ARTISTS A good move which other clubs adopted long ago. We used to be a pioneering club eg Radio Rovers, RoverVision. Nowadays we follow other clubs.

£3.80 for Fosters!!! You’re all being robbed!

£2.80 for a pint of McEwans Extra Cold where we drink before a game and I’m not putting its location on here or it will be too busy for me to get in.

You know where that is Mick Sssssh!

6 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

£3.80 for Fosters!!! You’re all being robbed!

£2.80 for a pint of McEwans Extra Cold where we drink before a game and I’m not putting its location on here or it will be too busy for me to get in.

You know where that is Mick Sssssh!

I can buy Cask/Fosters/Smooth for £2.20 a pint and Guinness/Moretti/Kronenbourg for £2.60 a pint all day, every day.

Edited by MCMC1875

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

I can buy Cask/Fosters/Smooth for £2.20 a pint and Guinness/Moretti/Kronenbourg for £2.60 a pint all day, every day.

Don't be shy, where's that?? £4.20 for Moretti in my local....

I see big club Boro are back to their usual selves, home crowds dropping each week. And they've only sold 900 tickets for Sunday here at ewood. Was only other season they brought 6000 on a Tuesday night, cause they knew they were going up, and had around 23k home fans. They were convinced they were massive and a bigger club than us (laughable). All clubs are same, fickle fans. Leeds are same all of sudden 28k this season or maybe more, but past few years newt like that, and upper tiers shut etc.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AAK said:

I see big club Boro are back to their usual selves, home crowds dropping each week. And they've only sold 900 tickets for Sunday here at ewood. Was only other season they brought 6000 on a Tuesday night, cause they knew they were going up, and had around 23k home fans. They were convinced they were massive and a bigger club than us (laughable). All clubs are same, fickle fans. Leeds are same all of sudden 28k this season or maybe more, but past few years newt like that, and upper tiers shut etc.

I'm amazed at that figure if true. I'd have expected a couple of thousand even for a tv game with them being up there. Bad news for Waggott and his massive away fans agenda.

Strange bunch Boro one min they are playing the big catchment area sleeping giant card the next they are trotting out the small town impoverished area line.

The 6k's here were definitely unique a bit like the massive one we once took up there on that legendary Boxing day.  Rest of the time followings have been medium to small for bog standard games. They'd have had a couple of thousand here if it was Sat afternoon in all likelihood, good old live TV strikes again.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2019 at 10:55, meadows said:

If Preston sell out their end as they did at Bolton then we can hardly come with tv/early kick off excuses for not selling a few. 

1500 already sold. Noon KO seems unnecessarily early. PNE police officer saying on Twitter it was a club decision with little police involvement. He then went onto say the uses of pyrotechnics on recent visits probably helped inform this decision. Those other meetings were also early kick offs though so it obviously doesn't stop any trouble, pyrotechnics or whatever. Just seems pointless, 3pm better for everyone.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm amazed at that figure if true. I'd have expected a couple of thousand even for a tv game with them being up there. Bad news for Waggott and his massive away fans agenda.

Defo correct pal, their own Twitter confirmed it today around 2pm. They may sell a few on the day, but with it being on telly, I doubt that many.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, north_ender said:

1500 already sold. Noon KO seems unnecessarily early. PNE police officer saying on Twitter it was a club decision with little police involvement. He then went onto say the uses of pyrotechnics on recent visits probably helped inform this decision. Those other meetings were also early kick offs though so it obviously doesn't stop any trouble, pyrotechnics or whatever. Just seems pointless, 3pm better for everyone.

It's ridiculous and these lot at Ewood would have every game with a large following at 12 noon if they could despite the fact it nearly always seems to impact the home turnout.

Easiest life possible they want whilst wallowing in their comfort zones then moan when people would rather attend match by match than buy a season ticket !

Police say it's Rovers and Rovers say it's the Police ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, north_ender said:

There was some trouble with your lot on Livesey Branch Rd after the game making your back to Mill Hill Station last Season.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Boro twitter account tweeted that only 600 tickets were sold on Tuesday/Wednesday. 

down to number of factors, Tv Coverage, Game on a Sunday and Pulis style of football which some Boro fans don't like

On 10/02/2019 at 22:57, JHRover said:

I'd like us to try something like Forest did last summer in encouraging the younger element of support. I've no complaints with my ticket price for the season but won't be impressed if it goes up again.

At Forest - 4 to 11 year olds could get a season ticket for £10, 12-17 year olds would be £50, 18-23 year olds £100. 

Fantastic pricing and adults in most areas there are £330 so very similar to ours.

Take out all the conditions, strings, hurdles, just make it cheap for those who are hopefully just getting into the habit of going every week

Note that Forest got theirs on sale in February last year, and the take up was significant. We'll sit back and do nowt until months of potential sales have been lost.

QPR, like us not going up or down so sensibly have their season tickets on sale already - prices starting at £225. 18-23 year olds can get one for £135...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There was some trouble with your lot on Livesey Branch Rd after the game making your back to Mill Hill Station last Season.

Yep, after an early KO. So making it a noon KO doesn’t really do anything to prevent fighting, pyrotechnics or boozing. As I said, pointless for both home and away supporters.

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

Strange bunch Boro one min they are playing the big catchment area sleeping giant card the next they are trotting out the small town impoverished area line.

The 6k's here were definitely unique a bit like the massive one we once took up there on that legendary Boxing day.  Rest of the time followings have been medium to small for bog standard games. They'd have had a couple of thousand here if it was Sat afternoon in all likelihood, good old live TV strikes again.

They brought about 7k for a match under Bowyer on a Saturday iirc. Think it finished 1-1. 

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

They brought about 7k for a match under Bowyer on a Saturday iirc. Think it finished 1-1. 

Yeah wasn't that when Gibson started reinvesting after a few years austerity (steered by Mowbray) and the beginning of the Karanka revolution ?   Either way they went from 690 down here to 6900 in the space of about 12 months or so.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Yeah wasn't that when Gibson started reinvesting after a few years austerity (steered by Mowbray) and the beginning of the Karanka revolution ?   Either way they went from 690 down here to 6900 in the space of about 12 months or so.

Yeah, I think it was Karanka. We had that ex-Man Utd central midfielder playing for us on loan (think he might be at Millwall now).

24 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

12 clubs in this Division with an average of more the 20,000...shows what we're up against really.

When we last got promoted out of this league there were 3 (and we were one of them).

Just shows how crowds have increased substantially across the board in recent years - alas we are one of the few clubs to go the other way.

• Like 2