BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would we get away with dropping the price to 200 this summer and branding it as the "Mowbray revolution"? The "Mowbray slow build with lingering question marks over the defence" doesn't quite have the same ring to it 

£200 for 23 games = £8.70/match

Chorley FC 2018/19 = £12/match

I'm wondering which league you see us competiting in the next couple of seasons??

How much longer are Rovers fans going to keep wishing for the moon on a stick???

Just now, Stuart said:

5486 to be precise.

A wave of feelgood for Paul Lambert’s first game in charge. Venkys first “proper” managerial appointment.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14095173.FULL-TIME_REPORT__Preston_North_End_1_Blackburn_Rovers_2/

I was thinking about this season. Sold out and got stuffed 4-1.

• Like 1

The Lambert PNE game was sold out probably about 2 weeks before and the last I think was sold out well in advance so it's fair to think we'd have took quite a few more if they were available.

Just for the benefit of any over excited Knobbers looking in.........

7 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

On the back of the successful BRFCS poll where only just over 4% want TM to go , they could reduce the season ticket prices to your suggested value and use the advertising strapline  "The only Mowtivation you need"

If you could mock up Tony's face on the leotard-clad body of Mr Motivator that would make a terrific T-shirt. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If you could mock up Tony's face on the leotard-clad body of Mr Motivator that would make a terrific T-shirt. 

Whatever floats your boat pal

☺️

Oooh I did a blueboy

Edited by old darwen blue

Just renewed mine and Jnrs.

8th season consecutive price freeze even if we do go up.

Mine in just over £500 and my lad who is 17 is just over £300. Both in the South Stand upper next to the away section. Great seats. 

23,000 ST holders this season. 

Gone earlier with the renewals this time. March 29th cut off date for the price freeze. Not daft.

16 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, true. Once you sell  a season ticket, the person is always likely to turn up on a Saturday

Do you mean once an ST has been bought the holder will always attend during the season??

OR

Once an ST holder always an ST holder?

The first statement I could agree with. The second not, I know more young people who used to go in the 90/00s than still do today.

I get to about half the home games. each season I work out if it would be better to take the gamble and just pay on the day. every time i come to the conclusion that the season ticket is far to good value. I don't think it matters so much whenn season tickets are put on sale as i know roughly how much they will be etc. the club know when people tend to buy their tickets im sure and being on sale for longer does not change a thing. half seson tickets and 6 game tickets were on sale for weeks without much take up.

Not sure I get that?

We don’t ever sell many half season tickets or these game packages.

However, we do sell a lot of season tickets. The vast majority of our support is made up of season ticket holders, so what’s the harm in using a longer sale period to bump up that key income stream? And if it doesn’t matter when they are on sale, why do most other clubs have their season tickets on sale well in advance of the end of the season?

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, AshleyClifford said:

I get to about half the home games. each season I work out if it would be better to take the gamble and just pay on the day. every time i come to the conclusion that the season ticket is far to good value. I don't think it matters so much whenn season tickets are put on sale as i know roughly how much they will be etc. the club know when people tend to buy their tickets im sure and being on sale for longer does not change a thing. half seson tickets and 6 game tickets were on sale for weeks without much take up.

If being on sale longer doesn't change anything then how come so many other clubs have already got theirs on sale in February? What do they know that we don't?

It seems logical to me - the longer something is on sale for the more people are likely to buy it. I'm not really referring to longstanding season ticket holders who can be relied upon to buy no matter what, I'm referring to drifting people who make their minds up depending on performances, form, price, money left over in the bank etc. Those are the people we should be going out of our way to try and entice and I think it is worth doing something different to try and capture them.

Sadly thinking outside the box is something we don't get much of at groundhog day Ewood. No imaginative pricing, always late with putting tickets on sale, put prices up then question why ambitious targets aren't reached.

I don't really blame Waggott as it is my belief that he needs to get prices signed off from India before they can go out and that won't happen until the annual review.

If you restrict your sales period to June and July before the season begins (during which we have no games, people don't come to Ewood and spend their cash going on holiday etc) then in doing so you restrict the scope for selling substantially more.

• Like 1

It’s similar with kits.

For example, we could’ve had the new shirt on sale at the Oxford game, 26,000 Rovers fans in party mode, they’d have sold a shed load. Especially to kids.

But unlike nearly every club who have them available from April/May, we usually get round to putting them on sale July/August.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It’s similar with kits.

For example, we could’ve had the new shirt on sale at the Oxford game, 26,000 Rovers fans in party mode, they’d have sold a shed load. Especially to kids.

But unlike nearly every club who have them available from April/May, we usually get round to putting them on sale July/August.

On that one the club will merely say that they can only get them on sale when they take delivery of the stock, so they are in Umbro's hands on that and can't be blamed for it. I'd argue that if our deal with Umbro is such that we miss out on the key summer holiday season and can't start selling new shirts until August then it's probably time we terminated our deal with them and went elsewhere.

• Like 2

Many people have annual salary reviews effective from 1 April and, if they  are lucky, extra disposable income. That's when season tickets should be on sale. Also the football season is still underway.

If you leave it until June/July, people are saving their disposable income for summer holidays. Also the season is over and a lot of people have switched off football.

I've come to the conclusion that Rovers will never be a major force under Venkys, with or without Mowbray, despite their wealth, because they are clueless about running a football club.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Do you mean once an ST has been bought the holder will always attend during the season??

OR

Once an ST holder always an ST holder?

The first statement I could agree with. The second not, I know more young people who used to go in the 90/00s than still do today.

I meant the first. If you get a cheap enough season ticket, you are always likely to rock up for a game.

I have an Ireland season ticket. A lot of what I have watched over the last 2 years has been really quite awful, but because I have the ticket, I will go 99% of the time for fear of my money being wasted. 

• Like 1