BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

19 hours ago, Stuart said:

Looks like we’ve got the important stuff covered.

I guess that’s all the walk-on fan needs to get down and support the lads: convenience in getting your match ticket. Wonder if this be at a reduced price because the club now has zero service costs...?

Getting ready for when TM is sacked ..match day tickets are £5  (free before midday ) and the return of the so called missing 10000 fans ..not! (Cant fault the club for trying to move with the times though)

Football as a "live " spectacle is a thing of the past now. We ve a generation of football fans that think a live game is one that's on tv. They ve no interest going to a ground to watch ..they ve no need to ..football on tv in the home  ,pub ,tablet ..phone ..most important games can be picked up as a stream. That's live football.

I look at the young adults sat around me and the majority of those were brought by their dads (and mums) as kids when football was less tv influenced and have now carried on either because of loyalty or habit. The next generation will be very thin on the ground. 

Football as a live event is dying out fullstop. Its like the cinema ..you can slash prices as much as you like ..deals etc but theres no real interest because what you want to watch is readily available elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Getting ready for when TM is sacked ..match day tickets are £5  (free before midday ) and the return of the so called missing 10000 fans ..not! (Cant fault the club for trying to move with the times though)

Football as a "live " spectacle is a thing of the past now. We ve a generation of football fans that think a live game is one that's on tv. They ve no interest going to a ground to watch ..they ve no need to ..football on tv in the home  ,pub ,tablet ..phone ..most important games can be picked up as a stream. That's live football.

I look at the young adults sat around me and the majority of those were brought by their dads (and mums) as kids when football was less tv influenced and have now carried on either because of loyalty or habit. The next generation will be very thin on the ground. 

Football as a live event is dying out fullstop. Its like the cinema ..you can slash prices as much as you like ..deals etc but theres no real interest because what you want to watch is readily available elsewhere.

Can't find the numbers for last season but numbers for 2016/17 showed record attendances for football league (not Premier League) games since 1959 and is showing a small year on year growth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4497292/English-Football-League-attendances-reach-58-year-high.html

Edit : this one shows the average attendances of PL , Champ, L1 and L2 over the years 

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengleague.htm

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

You also got that bit wrong, on top of the football attendance stuff Perth quoted. You seem to be indulging in a lot of Fake News ?

https://news.sky.com/story/cinema-attendance-is-highest-since-the-1970s-11581982

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You also got that bit wrong, on top of the football attendance stuff Perth quoted. You seem to be indulging in a lot of Fake News ?

https://news.sky.com/story/cinema-attendance-is-highest-since-the-1970s-11581982

Ah ok il sit down..i was just going off what i see with my own eyes at games . And the empty cinemas bar 2 for 1 weds . Must just be a Rovers thing ..just a shit club eh ?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

We all do. The rationale you put forward as to why was the issue. It seems you were barking up the wrong tree. The question now is how do we fill seats that are always empty. We all have different opinions on that which is fine.

Not necessarily barking up the wrong tree at all. In my opinion its a factor.Regardless of average gates across the country being up ..without the tv saturation gates would be even higher if people want to watch football. So to me its an issue. No incentive for people to get off their asses and watch a game when they can simply push a button and have a choice of whatever game they wish.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Not necessarily barking up the wrong tree at all. In my opinion its a factor.Regardless of average gates across the country being up ..without the tv saturation gates would be even higher if people want to watch football. So to me its an issue. No incentive for people to get off their asses and watch a game when they can simply push a button and have a choice of whatever game they wish.

Ah so you've changed from football as a live event is a thing of the past (disproved based on attendances) to admitting football as a live event is popular but would be even more popular if it wasn't for TV.

It Rovers are bucking that popularity trend then Rovers need to do something differently instead of using passive aggressive marketing slogans ('are you committed, they are'  boolllocks) and Waggott casting aspersions on the historical size of our club. 

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ah so you've changed from football as a live event is a thing of the past (disproved based on attendances) to admitting football as a live event is popular but would be even more popular if it wasn't for TV.

It Rovers are bucking that popularity trend then Rovers need to do something differently instead of using passive aggressive marketing slogans ('are you committed, they are'  boolllocks) and Waggott casting aspersions on the historical size of our club. 

I also doubt the figures spun regarding average attendances are actually  up ..can I say fake news ?..

Not too sure we can trust attendance figures when season ticket numbers are counted whether that person is actually there or not ..the empty seats at the Emptihad and various other sell out grounds are there for all to see .

I'm calling it fake news Bb ..sod it !?

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Can't find the numbers for last season but numbers for 2016/17 showed record attendances for football league (not Premier League) games since 1959 and is showing a small year on year growth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4497292/English-Football-League-attendances-reach-58-year-high.html

Edit : this one shows the average attendances of PL , Champ, L1 and L2 over the years 

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengleague.htm

Interesting. So what are the reasons that attendances increasing? On the face of it it looks as though it’s a halo effect from the Premier League era beginning. Later on maybe more big clubs dropping into the second tier. Also the top flight dropping from 22 to 20 teams must have had an impact in reversing the trend. Some of the traditional 1st division clubs became 2nd division, and some lower 2nd division ones becoming 3rd tier. So no immediate growth per team but maybe growth of the football league ‘big boys’.

I guess the razzmatazz of the Sky Revolution re-ignited interest in the game. Huge growth until 2002 (the time of the last decent England team?) then growth has slowed a lot - maybe saturation point has been reached. Prices lowering across football due to Sky TV money might have increased ST numbers?

Health issues are preventing me from attending at present. I hope to return for PNE.

I  paid £8.70 to watch the Boro game. It wasn't a great experience. If a small, reasonable premium allowed my ST to access live away matches for the season I would probably pay for that - £50-75 per season.

Edited by Paul

23 minutes ago, Paul said:

Health issues are preventing me from attending at present. I hope to return for PNE.

I  paid £8.70 to watch the Boro game. It wasn't a great experience. If a small, reasonable premium allowed my ST to access live away matches for the season I would probably pay for that - £50-75 per season.

Not good to hear, Paul. Hope you are feeling better soon mate.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

All the best pal. Nothing worse than being stopped from enjoying the basics through health! 

• Like 1