BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

West Brom yesterday. Frozen at £329 for adults. Interesting as they 'don't know what league they are going to be in'.

Presumably they subscribe to the bonkers theory that putting them on sale earlier might see more sold, whilst Rovers reckon it makes absolutely no difference.

• Like 1

Well we know what league we're in next season (I believe this has been the lame excuse the past couple of seasons when Rovers have been asked why can't ST's go on sale earlier).

The fans forum should be all over this IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well we know what league we're in next season (I believe this has been the lame excuse the past couple of seasons when Rovers have been asked why can't ST's go on sale earlier).

I suspect the question will get asked at the next meeting as to when we can expect them to be announced and then we'll get a vague 'some point soon' comment

Again it might not make any difference to 99% of regular season ticket buyers whether they are on sale now or in May but these aren't the people we should be worried about - it is the extra ones who will decide off the back of whether there's enough cash left over, or how long they have to save up etc.

Leave it to May and people will have one eye on the summer holidays. Maybe spend an extra £300 on their trip to Spain. Do it now whilst people are in football mode.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Just remember, as far as they are concerned the FF members don’t represent fans. They represent themselves, are not elected, and are therefore not accountable to anyone. If you want to change that, or ask any uncomfortable questions, you need to join the FF - or hope that someone on the FF shares your view.

I expect the club believe they are speaking with a representative group though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Bought my Rotherham ticket early as there is a £2 surcharge on the day.

Next week going to watch Stanley at Barnsley with a tyke mate. £3 surcharge on the day.

We aren't unique in this.

Are the Rotherham or Barnsley manager and CEO constantly moaning about attendances though? If Rovers want to charge a surcharge then that is up to them but then don't constantly come out moaning about attendances when things like that make it harder for some to attend.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
45 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Next week going to watch Stanley at Barnsley with a tyke mate. £3 surcharge on the day.

Doesn't make it right though. Would things be worse if we just did away with it?

Of course, there are ways to avoid it for fans, but there is still no need for it......

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

If I was a Rotherham or Barnsley fan and they were claiming to want higher attendances, I would be equally critical.

No one has suggested we are unique in our approach. Anyone who does it is jepordizing the hope of getting as many additional fans as possible into the ground.

• Like 1

Some positive news - Rovers must be doing something for the Stoke game on Saturday 6th April in terms of cheaper tickets. My lad is involved with Darwen Rangers u6’s and they have been allocated free tickets - 30 adult and 30 junior in the Blackburn end upper. 

I hope this gets pushed in areas other than Blackburn borough. I have also raised concerns about Hyndburn as per the posts above and how our traditional catchment areas are being eaten into by Stanley.

As a further example I know someone involved at Langho juniors - their team have been given free tickets for tomorrows Stanley game and they are playing a match on the pitch at half time. Langho is not even in Hyndburn and is traditionally a strong Rovers area!

I respect Stanley and their owner Andy Holt; however it’s a dog eat dog world and a resurgent Stanley is not good for our supporter base. Particularly when our support base is dwindling in the town of Blackburn for various reasons and we need to rely on our traditional outer catchment area more than ever. 

Edited by david brent
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, david brent said:

Some positive news - Rovers must be doing something for the Stoke game on Saturday 6th April in terms of cheaper tickets. My lad is involved with Darwen Rangers u6’s and they have been allocated free tickets - 30 adult and 30 junior in the Blackburn end upper. 

I hope this gets pushed in areas other than Blackburn borough. I have also raised concerns about Hyndburn as per the posts above and how our traditional catchment areas are being eaten into by Stanley.

As a further example I know someone involved at Langho juniors - their team have been given free tickets for tomorrows Stanley game and they are playing a match on the pitch at half time. Langho is not even in Hyndburn and is traditionally a strong Rovers area!

I respect Stanley and their owner Andy Holt; however it’s a dog eat dog world and a resurgent Stanley is not good for our supporter base. Particularly when our support base is dwindling in the town of Blackburn for various reasons and we need to rely on our traditional outer catchment area more than ever. 

Good to hear, Damo. Stanley have been doing that for a while now, in regards to matches at half time, you see all the teams in the side stand (the new one now) all in their kits, you can tell how excited they all are, and it really must encourage them to keep attending matches. Youth fan engagement something that is sadly lacking at Ewood Park these days.

• Like 1

On this forum I remember posting on the Stanley thread in 2016 saying I was happy they’d got beat in the League 2 play offs, as a League 1 Stanley is the last thing we need as a club.

From memory I was laughed off the thread and told that they were totally insignificant to us and wouldn’t impact our fanbase at all...

• Like 2

I heard that they were - from the Stoke game onwards - opening the Bbe Upper for free tickets for schools and clubs. Don't know if its permanent or just for the last few games of the season. I think it's a good idea, fill it up, make the Bbe fill up a bit.

• Like 2

If Stanley are dishing out free tickets to kids in Langho then it makes it even more unacceptable that Rovers aren't tapping into Hyndburn. I could - almost - forgive the neglect of Hyndburn if it was some sort of gentlemanly agreement to avoid other clubs areas (even though its ridiculous) but not if Stanley are doing stuff in Langho. 

Keep the Bbe upper open permanently and give the tickets away in Hyndburn and South Ribble too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

On this forum I remember posting on the Stanley thread in 2016 saying I was happy they’d got beat in the League 2 play offs, as a League 1 Stanley is the last thing we need as a club.

From memory I was laughed off the thread and told that they were totally insignificant to us and wouldn’t impact our fanbase at all...

It was also rumoured many moons ago that Stanley "pushed " for their Home games to be played on the same day as Rovers at home because they always thought they got more Burnley fans paying them a visit when they d no game compared to when Rovers didn't have a game.

As i posted previously I don't see many Dads n Lads (or Mums) or families sat around me anymore .In fact thinking about it there's actually no kids travelling to home games via the Accy supporters coach either. Its the old school older generation who just renew and go.  Its the younger generation they need to entice.  

• Like 1

Sign a couple of good players in summer, show this alleged ambition they have, get a bit of a buzz going then push the schools etc tickets from the beginning of next season. 

And try some tickets deals for some attractive fixtures the kind people might want to go to, also stop moving bloody kick off times when you don't need to !!!!!

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

In 2011(?) I remember writing a spoof account of a Rovers v Accrington Stanley FA Cup Tie Round one played at Pleasington where Rovers were the underdogs and Stanley were the "local giants"! Hastily erected temporary seating and all that.

It got a few laughs at the time but it had a serious intent. It reflected  an absolute despair in me at where we were going under Kean and Venkys. When I hear about the strides Accrington are making and I look at where Burnley are, I still cannot get those fears out of my mind.

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There’s one main factor that has effected our fanbase over the last few years, and still effects our fanbase too this day, we all know what that is... #VenkysOut 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course that’s why, but Stanley are taking advantage of our malaise.

I lay the blame for that being successful squarely with Waggott. Under his stewardship we’ve stopped trying to attract new fans and simply milked the existing ones - trying to force people to buy by punitive measures and guilt trips.

Surcharges vs No-charge-shirts

He failed to capitalise on the feelgood factor by having a well priced ST (£249 / £279) on sale at the Oxford game.

£70 less than the actual early bird price (£319 / £349). Accounting for kids at £60, how many full paying adults do we have? Let’s say for argument’s sake it’s 10,000. That’s £700k difference between £3.49m and £2.79m. Assuming no increase in attendance.

If we’d have got 2,500 more fans we’d have broke even and had a fuller ground. There were 27,600 fans there for the Oxford game. That’s 15,000 who don’t attend regularly - or at all. We needed to entice 1 in 6 of those people. We didn’t try very hard at all, really. Just shephered them out of the ground and demanded their commitment when we could finally be bothered to put them on sale the following week in a “buy before we increase prices” strategy.

• Like 6