BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

I'd be interested to know how many of the forcibly moved DEnders didn't renew and how many of those were in the 18-25 age range also a similar question about  the regular match by match ticket buyers from that area.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Derby in the upper tier tonight.

Any idea why this experiment is still going on? Not exactly giving us home advantage, is it? 

If they had started off this way with away fans upstairs and kept home fans downstairs in the other half then they shouldn't have needed any segregation anyway. 

I can see merit in it if it enables home fans on 4 sides of the ground or enables us to charge away fans more than home fans but neither of those are happening and they still have to open the downstairs area for disabled. There must have been 40+ in there on Saturday.

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Derby in the upper tier tonight.

Any idea why this experiment is still going on? Not exactly giving us home advantage, is it? 

We haven't giving ourselves home advantage of late, either....

Edited by K-Hod

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

On a night like tonight, with presumably a two thirds empty ground and around 500 people in one upper corner of an 8,000 capacity stand, just makes Ewood look horrendous.

Pathetic, get home and away fans in lower tier, create an atmosphere.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

On a night like tonight, with presumably a two thirds empty ground and around 500 people in one upper corner of an 8,000 capacity stand, just makes Ewood look horrendous.

I don’t think it would look much better with 500 in the lower tier though either. ? on a ? 

Keep them out of the way.

What we need to do is worry more about what motivates the team on the pitch and less about what makes away fans feel welcome. A home atmosphere and a team selection and endeavour that we can all get behind.

Too often recently the only reason to get excited at Ewood has been when the referee give us a rare throw-in against a run of poor decisions.

Playing the Dingles or someone bringing 5,000 or so? Definitely fill the top first and put the overspill on the bottom, splits up the following and is to our benefit.

A midweek game against Derby, Reading etc. Those kind of followings don’t need ‘putting out the way’, get them downstairs and at least try and have the pretence that we aren’t playing on the moon.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Which is why we papped on about it I can't believe anyone sat in the JW stand doesn't prefer to have a bit of atmosphere and life in the lower tier to their right.  Even if it's only a few hundred in each side at least it looks better than a huge bank of blue plastic.  To me it feels more like an actual match when people are in the lower tier and i'm sure the players prefer that little bit of extra encouragement they got down that end they could sure use right at this moment in time.

I'll be amazed if they didn't lose a couple of hundred regular fans as well on the back of it which makes a mockery of doing some of the ticket deals that only get a hundred or so in.

A pointless exercise at best and another own goal at worst taking a section of fans for granted again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

Just had a look into 18-25 year old pricing and the first thing that stands out is the fact we don’t have this we have 18-21 , these are at decent prices both for match day and season tickets. We need to move with the times. The age where you are considered an adult seems to be blurred, different issue entirely but we have 18/19 year olds trying to pass as juniors then trying to by beer on the concourse. No one wants to pay more but you have to make a decision on what is classed as adult. 18/21/25. personally I think 22 is fine, but clearly not the case.

Should be 18-25.

If in this country you're (crazily) not entitled to the proper minimum wage until you are 25 then concessions up to that age shouldn't be unusual.

Also considering students, those in full-time training or apprenticeships and entry level positions that are now forever positions - we need to do everything to build future habitual attendees and I imagine that is where a lot of people drop off. 

Christ, just seen we don't offer a student rate at all! Not unusual to go to uni from 19 or 20!

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Playing the Dingles or someone bringing 5,000 or so? Definitely fill the top first and put the overspill on the bottom, splits up the following and is to our benefit.

A midweek game against Derby, Reading etc. Those kind of followings don’t need ‘putting out the way’, get them downstairs and at least try and have the pretence that we aren’t playing on the moon.

I honestly can’t see the issue.

Can someone at the fans forum please pull Waggott up at the next meeting on his rediculous claims that most clubs would need the whole Darwen End this season?

It's sold out twice i think? With maybe one or two more bringing over 3k.

11 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Can someone at the fans forum please pull Waggott up at the next meeting on his rediculous claims that most clubs would need the whole Darwen End this season?

It's sold out twice i think? With maybe one or two more bringing over 3k.

It wasn’t that most clubs would need it, from memory.

More that they would need to be moved ‘regularly’ so not to ‘inconvenience them’.

Still nonsense, as evidence from previous Championship seasons told him that Leeds and Preston aside, hardly any club needed more than the existing 5,500 allocation (half lower and full upper tier).

Was always just an excuse to close it to home fans.

• Like 2

Got to be said though that for a club of their size, the home crowds they get and the size of the place Derby's away support is shite when they aren't full of confidence.

I struggle to think of more than once or twice they've brought over a thousand since we started locking horns again at championship level.

Edited by tomphil

Great initiative, we should try to get as many as possible sold and look to put on a show. Announce season tickets a couple of weeks before at a fair price and we should see a few more through the turnstiles next season. 

Edited by robbojohnno

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

For a dead rubber it ain’t exactly going to get them flooding in, but even if the crowd is 1500/2000 up on if it was a Cat A then great.

Too much to ask for STs to be actually on sale by then?

I think we'll be lucky if the club has even announced prices and selling periods by then, and yes I think actually getting them on sale is too much to ask.

To me it is utter madness to not have them on sale by the day of the Swansea game at the absolute latest. No doubt we'll wait until that is out of the way and the season is over and then release them when many people won't be back at Ewood until August.

I noticed on the Fans Forum minutes that Waggott said he expected prices to be announced later in April. That isn't the same as getting tickets on sale.

For me there should be an early bird window which expires about now or late April, and then general sale is opened by the day of the Swansea game so that anyone attending that match has the opportunity to sign up whilst they are at Ewood, especially if that game is being treated as a cheap ticket day and there could well be people there who don't usually go.

• Like 2