BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Course they can. Norwich just did if for their away game at Wigan-

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/march/norwich-city-to-offer-half-price-tickets-for-wigan/

Lol - Rovers caught in a lie again. So when they say “can’t” they mean “won’t”. It was a nonsense response anyway. They can subside whatever they like. They chose coaches. Why? Well, my view is that Waggott believes in “creating value” by keeping ticket prices high and making them “worth something”. Reducing away prices exposes the fact that they are too expensive - especially if Rovers walk-ons are also high.

The problem is when he rides roughshod over complaints by playing the loyalty card. That’s the insulting bit.

As for pricing, the attendance figures will answer that. 10,000 empty seats every week vs 28,000 on for Oxford says that the pricing is wrong.

Really value is created by the buyer not the seller. Unless you are Apple or Arsenal. In 2018/19 Rovers cheapest season tickets were £9 more expensive than City’s. Regardless of how they are funded that does not translate into good value.

Forest have sold 15,000 for next season with their early bird period closing. Only a couple of weeks before we get to find out how much ours will be and then with a bit of luck people will be able to buy one before the season finishes.

Looking forward to Waggott spending all summer complaining about our low gates, below target sales and how tough it is to compete with these other clubs who get more people watching than we do.

50 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Ipswich have it right. 12.5% reduction following relegation. In addition if they shift 12000 then they are reduced by a further 12.5%. 13000 = 15% reduction and 14000 = 20% reduction. Innovative thinking!

Does that mean that once 12k people have paid for theirs, the next 1k get them cheaper and so on? I'd just wait until the last day in the hope 14k have already been sold and I get 20% off. Won't everyone????? 

They’d sold about 300 a few days ago.

Waggott’s role is to increase turnover here and now, simple as that.

Now I think that two great games to have had cheaper tickets for would’ve been New Years Day against one of the top sides in the league and a local game on Easter Monday. 

Big (for us) bank holiday crowds and atmosphere, great occasions, that casual fan may come back for more. However, Waggott simply looks at it as - ‘ah West Brom and Bolton’, they’ll bring a decent following - Cat A it is’.

There is no thought about using attractive/bank holiday games to increase home support, but just to make a quick buck from fleecing away fans. Only problem is a lot of the clubs he’ll have expected to bring big numbers, haven’t done, which makes it even more short-sighted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Can't believe the club are not doing a cheap ticket offer for Easter Monday,two teams with nowt to play for but pride,Bank holiday etc.Bolton won't bring more than 2,000.

The lack of planning and thought beggars belief.

Another club that Stevie boy has misjudged probably thinking they'd more or less fill that end even at Cat A.  Surely there enough people around Ewood who've been there long enough to advise him how crowds work or don't in this little corner of England !!!

I thought we were getting a pro active CE at last ?

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Does that mean that once 12k people have paid for theirs, the next 1k get them cheaper and so on? I'd just wait until the last day in the hope 14k have already been sold and I get 20% off. Won't everyone????? 

No. It means that once 12k have been sold everyone gets the discount and then same again for 13k and then 14k. Puts it in the hands of the supporters

Edited by ossyian
Wrong

Just now, ossyian said:

No. It means that once 12k have been sold everyone gets the discount and then same again for 13k and then 14k. Puts it in the hands of the supporters

But 'how could Ipswich do that when they didn't know what league they were going to be in'?

Failure to prepare is preparation to fail.

We've already failed at the first hurdle by not having season tickets on sale. 

Why do we need a smaller window than other clubs to sell tickets? Are we so much better than everyone else that we can relax until late April or May and do all our sales in a short window and then go to bed content we've done everything possible to shift as many as possible?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They’d sold about 300 a few days ago.

Waggott’s role is to increase turnover here and now, simple as that.

Now I think that two great games to have had cheaper tickets for would’ve been New Years Day against one of the top sides in the league and a local game on Easter Monday. 

Big (for us) bank holiday crowds and atmosphere, great occasions, that casual fan may come back for more. However, Waggott simply looks at it as - ‘ah West Brom and Bolton’, they’ll bring a decent following - Cat A it is’.

There is no thought about using attractive/bank holiday games to increase home support, but just to make a quick buck from fleecing away fans. Only problem is a lot of the clubs he’ll have expected to bring big numbers, haven’t done, which makes it even more short-sighted.

The thing is, Matty, that kind of approach would be more consistent with making the club look like a going concern to support a sale. As we are stuck with Venkys indefinitely and Mowbray is planning for a tenure of Alex Ferguson proportions, the club should be bringing the fans with them, and growing the attendance.

Short termism only seems to apply to ripping off fans.

Just now, renrag said:

Perhaps he won’t be advised

Aye maybe so.   He'll learn the hard way that what might work in a London suburb or a city with 500k won't necessarily work in a small hemmed in corner of Lancashire.

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Really good idea.

It’s a shame that Waggott is so one dimensional.

If his price point was based on 10,000 ST holders then he could achieve that same revenue by offering a discount for more fans buying.

Sadly it’s all about “value” with this one and not about filling the ground.

I've just paid 34 pound for me and my 5 yr old daughter who has no interest in football to watch the Bolton game, that's before waggott tax because I did it online. 

If I had to pay that Everytime I went (as I normally go alone and sit in bburn end) there is no way I could afford to go regularly. I feel for families with partners and a few kids who want to go. I've just paid less than that to go and watch one of the greatest , if not THE greatest games of football I have ever seen in a champions league quarter final. 

Attendances will always be poor and will get worse when more attractive football at cheaper prices is on offer elsewhere. 

People can say it devalues the product all they want . It won't fill the stadium or boost attendances until people at ewood get more creative with pricing strategies it's as simple as that. Starting with the waggott tax and offers for families

Edited by Oldgregg86

Proper boycott by them it seems, fair play to them for sticking to their guns i'm sure they are having superfan v boycotter debates right now !

Rovers bean counters won't be happy but a valuable lesson might be being learned - Home fans always come first you simply cannot rely on away following from anywhere to help hit your projections -

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Perhaps there'll be a massive late surge in sales as Bolton fans celebrate the end of the Anderson era and welcome in their saviour Bassini?

Incidentally I know a few who decided to go last night, think they'll shift a lot on the door