BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

12 hours ago, K-Hod said:

But then it would look like Matty wasn't talking to anyone, if I removed the quote from his post....

Its just that sometimes posters make several points i the one post. Is it possible to excise just those quotes from a "banned" post and leave the rest intact?

No big deal----just a thought.

15 hours ago, gumboots said:

Sale Sharks do a seat exchange scheme. If you ring them up to 72 hours before a match to say you can't attend, they cancel your ST for that match so nobody can use it but issue an extra ticket for a game of your choice. On that day you go along on your ST but get an extra ticket to take a mate or family member who does not have an ST. Might not work at Ewood but the kind of imaginative thinking that might encourage more to commit to an ST if their concern is missing too many games and therefore not getting value

I would absolutely love something like this. It is actually something that would tempt me back to Ewood after missing the last two seasons (having had a season ticket for 20+ years before hand). I work shifts and the thought of missing a game but getting a ticket back to use for my Dad for a game I could attend would really appeal. Even a 15 game season ticket would be great (at a slightly higher % rate than a full season ticket) would probably appeal too. Obviously the 15 game ticket would probably be business suicide as the majority may go for that, but I simply do not get value from a season ticket from a personal point of view and popping down to Ewood for a single game here and there has led me to attend 3 times in 2 seasons as I’ve simply got out of the habit. 

Is Sales Sharks wage bill tied to any comparable FFP-style oversight by the RFU?

Its so precarious running a non-Premier League Club and BRFC must be the worst one in the League to assess how to price Season-Tickets.

And then there is the annual Gumboots phenomenon.

Just observing.

Rugby operates on a salary cap. Don't know about what the rules are with respect to overall funding but what you pay your players is capped. Doesn't stop Sale having De Klerk, both Curry twins who've just signed new contracts, Solomona,   Chris Ashton and a number of other very good players. No doubt if you are really interested you can find the rules on the Premiership Rugby website. 

And you brought up the ST question. I know you don't care whether I buy one or not. That wasn't the point here. It was to look at ways other clubs and other sports try to improve ST takeup and overall attendances. My purchase of a ST or not only came up in that context

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I’d go to a Boro forum to see if there’s any gossip up there about Assombalonga... there isn’t!

But I did spot this thread. Some fella from Darwen Cricket Club saying there are ‘new drinking restrictions around Ewood’... ergo the only place for a pint is his club.

I’ve not heard anything? So is it just a canny bit of marketing from DCC aimed at visiting fans? 

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/8430-blackburn-away/

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought I’d go to a Boro forum to see if there’s any gossip up there about Assombalonga... there isn’t!

But I did spot this thread. Some fella from Darwen Cricket Club saying there are ‘new drinking restrictions around Ewood’... ergo the only place for a pint is his club.

I’ve not heard anything? So is it just a canny bit of marketing from DCC aimed at visiting fans? 

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/8430-blackburn-away/

The fact he says Darwen Cricket Club is only 5 minutes from Ewood Park tells you all you need to know about that post. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

"Darwen Cricket Club is only 5 minutes from Ewood Park 

"... on a non-match day with all the traffic lights between the cricket ground & Ewood on green."

I think it's called advertising!?

Interesting approach to match day tickets. 

Slight increase to Category A and B (£1 more generally)

But, Category C has been removed, replaced by a Category A+ just for Leeds and... Sheff Wed. £40 behind the goals, £45 Jack Walker upper!!!

I can only presume this is payback for big prices at their ground, as Sheff Wed rarely bring more than 1500/2000, so it won’t be a massive earner like say if Preston was A+

Edited by Mattyblue

I understand the principle, but it's a slippery slope.

Unfortunately the Sheff Wed game is one that I will definitely be buying a standalone matchday ticket for so you might be on your own in the posh seats @Biz!

I'll wave to you from the Riverside.

I imagine for those two Cat A+ games there will be a bigger discount than normal for 1875 members to offset.

Therefore the club needs to do a better job of signing walk up fans up to it or there will be a lot of angry folk around the time of those games.

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I understand the principle, but it's a slippery slope.

Unfortunately the Sheff Wed game is one that I will definitely be buying a standalone matchday ticket for so you might be on your own in the posh seats @Biz!

I'll wave to you from the Riverside.

You can spend the extra tenner on’t first round in’t WMC post game then lad.

TBF though I’m with you on this, it seems either petty or the beginning of another increase/increment process at Ewood.

Further proof our low turnover isn’t “ignorable”

• Like 1

This is a smart move by Mr Waggott.

Open up the gap between matchday prices and ST prices so that buying a ST becomes more of a no brainer.

Over £200 difference now. I calculate £540 for a walk on in the Riverside. An extra £69 for anyone daft enough to pay the walk on tax.

Slight concession on the walk on tax for night games, changing the cut off to 6pm instead of 12pm. At least it's a move to fairness. Especially as they have stated no 12pm KOs this season.

Anyone planning on attending regularly will now have to seriously look at getting a ST.

Pity there isn't something for those who know they can only get to a few games by way of a mini (multi game) ST.

The idea should still be to fill the stadium, not rip folks off or put folks off.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Anyone planning on attending regularly will now have to seriously look at getting a ST.

And casual fans, who may decide last minute to go, are shit on twice. Once with another price increase and again with the ridiculously unjustifiable £3 match day fee.

Ive not slagged Waggot off once since he's been here but that's just taking the mick out of our own fans.

So, Leeds and Sheffield Wed don't care about their own fans and rip them off at £40 a ticket. In response, we rip the same sets of fans off ourselves. Do you think either of those two clubs are going to reconsider their pricing because of this? Sheffield Weds £40 for god sake. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Just now, Hasta said:

And casual fans, who may decide last minute to go, are shit on twice. Once with another price increase and again with the ridiculously unjustifiable £3 match day fee.

Ive not slagged Waggot off once since he's been here but that's just taking the mick out of our own fans.

Agreed, which is why they should have recognised there is a casual fanbase and offered a fair ALTERNATIVE such as a 6 or 10 game flexi ST.

Regardless of which team you follow and what prices they are charging, 10 free games is a fair old carrot to dangle for getting a ST.

• Like 3