BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Agreed, which is why they should have recognised there is a casual fanbase and offered a fair ALTERNATIVE such as a 6 or 10 game flexi ST.

Regardless of which team you follow and what prices they are charging, 10 free games is a fair old carrot to dangle for getting a ST.

I agree. But for people who aren't hooked, and aren't going to commit £340+ in July, they are getting priced out.

I know several people who went to a handful of games last year. They aren't on here. They aren't on the Rovers website. They will never know about the 1875 club to offset these increases.

If they wan to draw attention to Sheffield Weds ripping fans off, they should have gone £10 a ticket, filled the ground and gone on a PR offensive

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Those top end prices are an absolute disgrace. Waggott needs to give his head a wobble at his earliest convenience.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

Just now, K-Hod said:

Those top end prices are an absolute disgrace. Waggott needs to give his head a wobble at his earliest convenience.

Waggot is completely and utterly out of touch with reality. 

BWD has one of the Lowest wage rates in the whole country 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

Like Matty says, I think the Leeds/Sheff Wed games will have bigger discounts than usual for 1875 members. 

They really need to hammer this 1875 membership home on all social media, do a mail drop for folk on the database who go to around 6/7 games a season etc

I just don't think it's marketed well.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Like Matty says, I think the Leeds/Sheff Wed games will have bigger discounts than usual for 1875 members. 

They really need to hammer this 1875 membership home on all social media, do a mail drop for folk on the database who go to around 6/7 games a season etc

I just don't think it's marketed well.

Agree,for me it's a no brainer As a member I more than make up the cost, by having reduced match price for  my daughter, when she's home. Plus a reasonable Club cash amount to spend at end of season. Tweeted Rovers to push the advantages, no reply, cannot buy online at proper price, amateurish.

Waggott has shown zero lateral thinking in his time at Rovers. It's a simple approach of up and up the prices and squeeze what you can from the regulars.

With woeful season ticket sales to date this can be interpreted as a last gasp attempt to try and drive up some sales.

At the last count 2500 behind last seasons summer total sales and 3000 behind sales in the Bowyer days. Quite clearly unless there's a significant take up over the coming few weeks that he's succeeded in diminishing ticket sales from 5-6 years ago despite all the on the pitch progress. Some achievement that.

Suppose we need to pay Gladwin's new contract somehow.

Completely out of touch and frankly I'm sick of it. Effectively guaranteeing that walk on numbers will never get above a few hundred.

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We won’t end up behind... only 1500 to go to reach last season’s sales, supposedly <_<

He can make up figures which the Telegraph will regurgitate but suspect his employers in India won't be conned as easily.

At the end of the day the club is sticking up for its own fans and kicking back at the clubs who rip us off. The club have openly stated they’d be happy to enter into reciprocal arrangements with other clubs and agree a set price of £20.

1875 members will pay around the same as last season.

and put simply:

* Go to more than 3 games - join 1875 and you’re in profit

* Go to more than 10 games - get a season ticket and you’re in profit

• Like 1

The Leeds game is at the business end of the season and could well be an important one, it's almost certain to be on Sky too, because its Leeds.

IF we needed something out the game surely there's be a re-think over the prices.

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The Leeds game is at the business end of the season and could well be an important one, it's almost certain to be on Sky too, because its Leeds.

IF we needed something out the game surely there's be a re-think over the prices.

I’d say there would be an end of season offer for the last few games like there has been last few seasons e.g. ‘big 6’

The ‘Big 6’ is a waste of time. We struggle to sell a 100 of them. By that time if you want to commit to multiple matches you already will have done, with either a full or half ST.

A better idea is to target a couple of matches in the run in with £10/15 tickets anywhere in the ground.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hasta said:

I agree. But for people who aren't hooked, and aren't going to commit £340+ in July, they are getting priced out.

I know several people who went to a handful of games last year. They aren't on here. They aren't on the Rovers website. They will never know about the 1875 club to offset these increases.

If they wan to draw attention to Sheffield Weds ripping fans off, they should have gone £10 a ticket, filled the ground and gone on a PR offensive

One of the poorest areas in the whole country. You'd have to be totally uninformed to believe tickets would sell in numbers at that price. Can only be an attempt to push people into a season ticket and people generally react badly to being pushed into anything.

Waggot seems to forget this is entirely discretionary expenditure and there are many whose discretion is very limited.

Most seeing this sort of price on offer would simply decide not to go. How does that help us?

Waggott still hasn’t got to grips with the Rovers fanbase or the area we operate in. This isn’t Coventry, 9th biggest city in the country and support across Warwickshire. They are a poor side, but a few decent results and the fans flood in. That trick doesn’t work here.

Famous old name, 31000 seats, must mean a big floating fanbase ready to fill the place up? No. At £400 in the JW (£30 on a match day) for bottom half Championship football, he’s in cloud cuckoo land.

Williams got it, this fella hasn’t. I would say, twenty years on from JW becoming Chief Exec, with a decade of tripe on the pitch and rapid demographic change in the town itself, that has led to more and more of our fanbase residing a decent distance from Ewood, Waggott’s job of maintaining and increasing  bums on seats is much harder, but he’s making a right pig’s ear of it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

He can make up figures which the Telegraph will regurgitate but suspect his employers in India won't be conned as easily.

Haha, I'm not sure if this is a joke or not ?

The match day prices are a scandal. I get the 1875 membership and it can be argued it's a way of charging away fans more (Leeds and Sheff W £40) but in doing so we just become part of the problem. Just wait until the other teams in the Championship catch on....... £40 for away fans will be the norm.

• Like 1

The club is obviously burnt by the twitter storm last night.

’Liking’ the Tweet from the leader of a group that used to be a thorn in the club's side and I thought existed to rail against this stuff. All very Animal Farm.

9EADF1CD-6E7D-45B3-8FD7-3B4F6B409086.png

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

The 1875 club thing costs £15. So if the Leeds/Sheff W ticket price is discounted to £35 (from £40) for 1875 members, you're still paying the same but just paying it up front!

Overall the ticket prices are barmy and will do noting to bring a good atmosphere back to Ewood. 

God help us if we ever got to the Premier League, it would be more expensive than Arsenal.

• Like 1