BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

39 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The 1875 club thing costs £15. So if the Leeds/Sheff W ticket price is discounted to £35 (from £40) for 1875 members, you're still paying the same but just paying it up front!

Well yeah, if you only go to one or two a season it probably isn't worth it,but if you went to 3 or 4 more games on top of those then you would end up saving,

Club needs to do all it can to get the people signed up who can only make 5/6 games a season.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Let’s be frank, we don’t need a membership scheme as for home games supply always far exceeds demand. We don’t need it for away games in this league either as the vast, vast majority of matches reach general sale (Luton might be an exception this season), every game did last season.

Surely it would be easier just having tickets at say £25. Instead of ‘£28... but £25 if you are a member. £28... unless you buy at one minute past 12.. then it’s £31.

Just a mess and all pointless with 20,000 empty seats.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I might sign up to be honest... maybe get to 3 or 4 home games next season.

Does anyone know if 1875 get one discounted ticket or discount on 2 or 3 when purchased together?

It is one discounted ticket per member. You are provided with a membership number which you use.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Let’s be frank, we don’t need a membership scheme as for home games supply always far exceeds demand. We don’t need it for away games in this league either as the vast, vast majority of matches reach general sale (Luton might be an exception this season), every game did last season.

Surely it would be easier just having tickets at say £25. Instead of ‘£28... but £25 if you are a member. £28... unless you buy at one minute past 12.. then it’s £31.

Just a mess and all pointless with 20,000 empty seats.

The only way it makes sense is if you can by a membership for £10 and then pay £20 for the big games while away fans pay £40.

Personally I still think it’s the wrong thing to do. We certainly wouldn’t (and don’t) like it if it happens to us.

• Like 1

It’s easier to get the season ticket for me even though I know that I will be missing a number of games due to work family commitments and holidays. Yes I am lucky to be able to afford it but if you work it out the ST is the much better option even on tick!

On 08/07/2019 at 21:44, laughatthedingles said:

At the end of the day the club is sticking up for its own fans and kicking back at the clubs who rip us off. The club have openly stated they’d be happy to enter into reciprocal arrangements with other clubs and agree a set price of £20.

Bollocks. The club would love to charge extortionate matchday fees for all games but the backlash would be huge. They are using Sheff weds and Leeds  own pricing policy to help justify their own.

How can Rovers be sticking up for their own fans by ripping off their own fans who decide to go on the day?

How will fleecing Leeds and Sheff weds fans, who don't control their clubs pricing, help bring ticket pricing under control?

What is the justification for the £3 match day surcharge?

Rovers smell a way of getting more (money) for less (attendees) and have gone for it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

As ever under these owners and those they employ to hold the fort in Blackburn the approach is a short sighted and ultimately damaging one in the long term. When you're passing through on a 2-3 year contract judged on numbers on a balance sheet or completely deranged and based on the other side of the world the damage of these policies won't really concern them. 

It concerns me and I expect a large number of Rovers fans but we should be used to this sort of thing by now. We'll be the ones dealing with the ramifications down the line.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hasta said:

Bollocks. The club would love to charge extortionate matchday fees for all games but the backlash would be huge. They are using Sheff weds and Leeds  own pricing policy to help justify their own.

How can Rovers be sticking up for their own fans by ripping off their own fans who decide to go on the day?

How will fleecing Leeds and Sheff weds fans, who don't control their clubs pricing, help bring ticket pricing under control?

What is the justification for the £3 match day surcharge?

Rovers smell a way of getting more (money) for less (attendees) and have gone for it.

Yes they could've come up with something a bit more imaginative to get round that like charge the 40 quid but make it a 2 for one or something for a lesser midweek game.

Spaces will be embarrassing for these games in the supposed home 'end' and even worse if it's selected for tv. We know Cheston doesn't have a clue how to steer Rovers fan base so he just penny pinches now it seems Waggot is even worse.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 16:01, S8 & Blue said:

I might sign up to be honest... maybe get to 3 or 4 home games next season.

Does anyone know if 1875 get one discounted ticket or discount on 2 or 3 when purchased together?

It's just the one per membership. 

• 1 month later...

Maybe that's why we struggled against Oldham, because their fans were in the lower tier so we didn't benefit from the marginal gains of them being upstairs.

In all honesty the only benefit to shoving away fans upstairs is to charge them more for a higher category of seating. We aren't doing that so there's no point.

• Like 3

If we were playing say Burnley and they were given 5,000 tickets, if they put 3k upstairs and the rest downstairs, I get it, it splits up their support and dilutes what would otherwise be a raucous packed bottom tier.

If you are playing Cardiff in a run of the mill Championship game, does Waggott really believe it will make one iota of difference where their 6/700 fans are? It just makes Ewood look desolate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If we were playing say Burnley and they were given 5,000 tickets, if they put 3k upstairs and the rest downstairs, I get it, it splits up their support and dilutes what would otherwise be a raucous packed bottom tier.

If you are playing Cardiff in a run of the mill Championship game, does Waggott really believe it will make one iota of difference where their 6/700 fans are? It just makes Ewood look desolate.

Less stewards required when they re up in the sky ? ..No need for stewards to be on pitch side when they re sat up in the heavens. As for making it look desolate  raise your eyes slightly up or down a (depending where they are sat ) and it still looks desolate with 700 fans in an empty stand.

Nothing to do with stewarding costs according to Waggott, all about the ‘marginal gains’ 

Of course it still looks crap either way, but that is a hell of a big bottom tier to have completely empty (though they have to open it anyway for a handful of disabled fans and their carers. So toilets, food outlets still need to be opened and staffed. Bloody daft).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

Am I the only one remembering the campaign on this board to move away fans upstairs because they were too effective supporting their side when behind the goals at the Darwen End?

No I remember too and fully agree with sticking the away fans upstairs so it limits their involvement. Just like at places like Millwall or Newcastle. 

‘Campaign’? What a suggestion from a couple of posters? And what evidence is there that it is more effective? I’d say we play better with a bit of atmosphere in the ground.

Newcastle have about 10,000 home fans in the tier below, if we could fill the DE lower with our own fans then fantastic, get them out of the way, but we can’t.  Millwall is a very small bottom tier and that is on police orders anyway. 

Nowhere else in football has a bottom tier the size of the DE lower (5000 seats) left totally empty.

Does it really matter? Not particularly, just in my opinion it makes Ewood look and sound even worse and on TV especially. And I’m not on my own from talking to people on match day.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I’m really not interested in helping to create an atmosphere in the away end. All that does is put pressure on referees.

What we need is to generate our own atmosphere. You would think it was on response to away fans but it isn’t - some of our home games can feel like away ones.

Our atmosphere is generated by a referee injustice or an incident like a huge tackle or save.

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Am I the only one remembering the campaign on this board to move away fans upstairs because they were too effective supporting their side when behind the goals at the Darwen End?

Well we're not bound by a campaign on here some time ago are we? In any case some people would have supported it, some wouldn't. We rarely have unanimity on here you know!

Having had experience of it we're entitled to conclude it has made the atmosphere at the ground worse and is a bad look.

Or not!

But I agree the biggest single factor is the size of the crowd and that will only improve with promotion.