BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

21 hours ago, JHRover said:

Getting a bit fed up waiting for Sky to announce their next batch of TV games. As it stands they have announced up to but not including 5th October. We are down to play QPR away and I want to book the train before the prices go up. I don't want to risk it because knowing my luck they'll move the game for TV. 

They are supposed to announce the TV games a minimum of 5 weeks before it takes place. That's this Saturday so they're pushing it right to the wire.

As I understand it you can get a refund on train tickets no longer required.

Anyone know how Waggott is getting on attracting another 1400 adult season ticket sales ?

After this ridiculous and pointless idea has failed.... what will be their next innovative idea for increasing attendances ?

Where in their alphabetical list is "listening to the ideas of fans" ?

Entry to the Competition is free BUT is dependent upon the entrant having bought an Adult Season Ticket.  
The Competition will be open to those who have already purchased their Adult Season Ticket and to those who purchase their Adult Season Ticket prior to the 16th September 2019.  Closing date for the competition will be 17:00 on 16th September 2019.  After this date no further entries will be allowed. 
Only one entry is permitted for each purchase of an Adult Season Ticket. 
The winner will be chosen by a live, random draw from all entries received by the closing date, and verified by the Club and or its agent, during the game against Luton Town FC on 28th September 2019. 
The live, random draw occurring is dependent upon the Club achieving the target of selling 10,000 Adult Season Tickets for the 2019-20 EFL Championship campaign. 

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Anyone know how Waggott is getting on attracting another 1400 adult season ticket sales ?

After this ridiculous and pointless idea has failed.... what will be their next innovative idea for increasing attendances ?

Entry to the Competition is free BUT is dependent upon the entrant having bought an Adult Season Ticket.  
The Competition will be open to those who have already purchased their Adult Season Ticket and to those who purchase their Adult Season Ticket prior to the 16th September 2019.  Closing date for the competition will be 17:00 on 16th September 2019.  After this date no further entries will be allowed. 
The winner will be chosen by a live, random draw from all entries received by the closing date, and verified by the Club and or its agent, during the game against Luton Town FC on 28th September 2019. 
The live, random draw occurring is dependent upon the Club achieving the target of selling 10,000 Adult Season Tickets for the 2019-20 EFL Championship campaign. 

''In order to receive the prize, the winner will be required to attend the match at Ewood Park on 28 September 2019.''

No days off for illness or accident.

Not that any live, random draw is going to happen

• Backroom

Talking of postcodes and support I’d be interested to see how Rishton has changed since the 90’s.

When I was growing up it was heavily Rovers but it seems an almost 50/50 split now with increasing numbers of Burnley fans! 

A few have probably drifted to Stanley as well 

I sit near some Rishton lads and I’ve asked them that and they are adamant it’s still heavily Rovers.

But it’s still a worry that those changes have even happened to a town with a BB1 postcode literally on Blackburn’s boundary.

Edited by Mattyblue

18 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Do we know how many adult season tickets were sold at the point of the “competition” being launched?

I understood the 8,600 was all STs.

Looks like you’re right Matty. The official site says paying ticket holders.

However, it begs a question about attendance figures and the number of walk ons that take us from ST attendees (including free under 8s) and the total number on the day.

We supposedly had 11,500 home fans in attendance against Cardiff, so 2,000 or so of those are theoretically paid ‘walk ons’, but I imagine some of those would have be complementaries too. So the actual numbers of folk actually buying a ticket game by game for standard games must be under 2k.

No wonder he wants to push STs, as the Ewood attendance has always been very ST heavy and only an increase in ST sales will drive crowd increases.

Good job that £3 keeps it all manageable down there, ay...

Edited by Mattyblue

This season I bought my first season ticket since our first season back in the Championship (what a shit show that season was by the way) 

The atmosphere is dire, a proper singing section with flags, banners etc teams across the league are doing so and it creates a much much better atmosphere. 

Food and drink prices (I know this practically beating a dead horse) but lower the price by even 50p or possibly price reductions for season ticket holders or even those with x amount of walk ons over the past two seasons. Gives incentive to show up. 

Similar situation with the £3 Waggott Tax if you have x amount of walk ons for the previous 2 season there's no Waggott Tax. 

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:45, TheKitGuy said:

This season I bought my first season ticket since our first season back in the Championship

Same here, even though I'm based in Hertfordshire these days (formerly Colne) and no doubt the train travel (Welwyn-London-Preston-Blackburn) plus hotel stays will get me bankrupt by the end of the season! :o

P.S.: my very first post, hello everyone.

G

Edited by Gus®
  • Like 7

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Fantastic commitment! :brfc:

Ta! It will needless to say be a bit challenging (in terms of work arrangements) when it comes to midweek games, meaning that I will have to take the afternoon off and will either have to do exactly the same (morning off) the following day or get on an early (and indeed expensive) train down to London via Preston in order to be at work in Hatfield for 10AM at the very latest. By all means, 'interesting' times ahead! :)

G

On 02/09/2019 at 10:45, TheKitGuy said:

This season I bought my first season ticket since our first season back in the Championship (what a shit show that season was by the way) 

1 hour ago, Gus® said:

Same here, even though I'm based in Hertfordshire these days

Just out of interest, what persuaded you two guys to return this year? Were you boycotting or just had other commitments ( or lost a bit of interest)?

Any other boycotters out there, are you determined to stick it out until Venky's leave or tempted to return because it's really not making any difference ?

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Just out of interest, what persuaded you two guys to return this year? Were you boycotting or just had other commitments ( or lost a bit of interest)?

Boycotting above all (painful to say the least to see the way the club was/is being run...) but certainly other commitments (e.g. working away/overseas etc.) as well. That said, I went to the Cardiff match (by all means, not the most entertaining one to convince me to get back!) and realised that I was truly missing the routine of heading to Ewood, getting a pint before the game, the overall special feeling of being part of the ‘community’ regardless of the final score and also, why not, a good excuse to go back up North more often (I genuinely don’t like it down here and that’s nothing to do with all the Spurs fans in the office I can assure!). Again, big commitment (even my mates/Spurs fans suggested that it may perhaps be easier and possibly cheaper to attend all away games instead), but I’m genuinely happy to be back.

G

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Gus® said:

Same here, even though I'm based in Hertfordshire these days (formerly Colne) and no doubt the train travel (Welwyn-London-Preston-Blackburn) plus hotel stays will get me bankrupt by the end of the season! :o

P.S.: my very first post, hello everyone.

G

Proper fan, well done. 

• Like 2