BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. Anyone buying a season ticket and paying it monthly starting in June or July. So it not like you have to pay it all off at once. 

4. Yes the one from Accy going from the Sydney street pub. I know a number of ppl who catch that one. Why does Blackburn Council not have interest in this when it would help bring in money into the area. Most of parking opposite the ground has gone now thanks to them

6. Not at all as some people are members of both. 

8. Has it really? putting the younger fans next to the home dugout is a good idea. 

10. Talking this season as I said to MattyBlue yesterday

1. Some people don't like direct debit and will only pay when they can afford the full price.

4. Agreed.

6. 1875 club is an additional benefit system to holding a season ticket. This obviously puts season ticket holders noses out.

8. BRFC has now displaced 3 sets of long standing season ticket holders. Every time that happens fans are lost. We can ill afford to lose one fan, let alone 100's.

10. Ok.

Edited by MCMC1875

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

8. Has it really? putting the younger fans next to the home dugout is a good  idea

My kids wanted to watch the match not scrabble around getting autographs. The view from the BBE upper was great for seeing the play develop. But it's not just that. Its choice being removed without consultation when consultation was promised. The issues of stand closures should have been dealt with openly, not decided and sent out in a snotty, high handed letter to those about to renew season tickets. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

1. Some people don't like direct debit and will only pay when they can afford the full price.

4. Agreed.

6. 1875 club is an additional benefit system to holding a season ticket. This obviously puts season ticket holders noses out.

8. BRFC has now displaced 3 sets of long standing season ticket holders. Every time that happens fans are lost. We can ill afford to lose one fan, let alone 100's.

10. Ok.

1. I always paid in full. 

4. Ok

6. Ok. 

8. I understand that. 

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

My kids wanted to watch the match not scrabble around getting autographs. The view from the BBE upper was great for seeing the play develop. But it's not just that. Its choice being removed without consultation when consultation was promised. The issues of stand closures should have been dealt with openly, not decided and sent out in a snotty, high handed letter to those about to renew season tickets. 

I see plenty of kids wanted autographs from players and manager at the start of the game, when sub and end of game. Memories

Edited by chaddyrovers

I don't know what the language is like down in th JW lower but yes, possibly. Better view than in some of the seats down there as we sat in the front row but also your kids were out of the way so could go and let off steam by running on the concourse if they so desired without disturbing anyone. Mine never wanted to because as I said, they really just wanted to watch the match but I know some did

On the topic of stand closures, Waggott is desperate to knock down the riverside and redevelop. His big dream is to build a hotel. Doing this would doubtless drive away even more fans. I think there’d be a significant number who would just stop going rather than relocate elsewhere.

You would need to offer the Riversiders as best as equivalent available seats in the JW, as you would imagine they would want to keep a side on view.

Look after them properly and most would keep going as they would know the club are being accommodating and it is just a temporary measure for the good of the club.

However, behave like they have with other closures and just shut it and plonk them, say, behind the goal in the DEnd and yes you are right you’d see a load of non renewals.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

You would need to offer the Riversiders as best as equivalent available seats in the JW, as you would imagine they would want to keep a side on view.

Look after them properly and most would keep going as they would know the club are being accommodating and it is just a temporary measure for the good of the club.

However, behave like they have with other closures and just shut it and plonk them, say, behind the goal in the DEnd and yes you are right you’d see a load of non renewals.

Ha ha so that’s how I could get my Darren End seat back ?

18 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

On the topic of stand closures, Waggott is desperate to knock down the riverside and redevelop. His big dream is to build a hotel. Doing this would doubtless drive away even more fans. I think there’d be a significant number who would just stop going rather than relocate elsewhere.

Hotel management - that's probably his limit. 10% surcharge on all same day bookings.

Edited by MCMC1875

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

A good architect/contractor partnership would build behind and over the top of the existing stand, as Liverpool did, so not displacing any fans during the season.

To redevelop the Riverside, it’s kind of implicit that it gets closed first.

However, given the lack of goodwill between club and fans right now, they need to make sure they handle it sensitively.

- Consult current Riverside fans on what they would like to see from a new stand.

- Consult the wider fanbase on what they’d like from a redeveloped stand.

- Engage on temporary re-seating at Riverside prices (for existing RS ST holders).

- Use feedback to draw up some options for fans to vote on.

- Include a safe standing option, based on Bundesliga specifications - and lobby the FA and leagues to allow them to be incorporated.

- Down-select a couple of final designs.

Build a model for public viewing and approval.

- Sell seats early to generate income to support the building activity and to fill the stand once complete.

- Build it.

14 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

No, replying to @Miller11, I said the stand can be redeveloped, like Liverpool and Man Utd did, without displacing more fans.

Unless you were able to build the whole thing during the off-season I don’t see how you could just build over and then dismantle from underneath - no roof for a considerable period. It certainly wouldn’t be much of a redesign.

Jack saw fit to close the DE stand during the season while it was rebuilt. It comes down to lack of trust in the current administration and their motives.

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Unless you were able to build the whole thing during the off-season I don’t see how you could just build over and then dismantle from underneath - no roof for a considerable period. It certainly wouldn’t be much of a redesign.

Jack saw fit to close the DE stand during the season while it was rebuilt. It comes down to lack of trust in the current administration and their motives.

It comes down to who is contracted to design and build the structute eg Mather & Platt or some tuppeny halfpenny Venky outfit. Any new roof would be higher than the existing one, therefore you could build behind and over.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

It comes down to who is contracted to design and build the structute eg Mather & Platt or some tuppeny halfpenny Venky outfit. Any new roof would be higher than the existing one, therefore you could build behind and over.

But that sounds like more of the same. There is an opportunity to develop the stand, not simply replace old wood and steel for new.

Just now, Stuart said:

But that sounds like more of the same. There is an opportunity to develop the stand, not simply replace old wood and steel for new.

The new main stand at Anfield wasn't more of the same nor were the extensions to Old Trafford. Where's the wood in the Riverside?

Edited by MCMC1875

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

The new main stand at Anfield wasn't more of the same nor were the extensions to Old Trafford. Where's the wood in the Riverside?

A turn of phrase.

Look, I’m not looking to pick a fight. We are on the same side but if Jack has demolished the RS and rebuilt it people would still have grumbled but it would have got done.

Stands are a very emotive thing - especially for those directly affected - but the RS needs updating sooner rather than later. While we have loads of empty seats it would make sense to start from scratch rather than build around it - especially if there was a hotel attached.

If people have concerns about a different agenda from the administration then that’s a whole different conversation.

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

When did this one about building an hotel resurface? I haven't heard this madness in 10 years.

Speaking as someone who used to travel a lot for work the Ewood area is completely wrong for the business traveller. For leisure purposes one has to ask the question why would a tourist want to visit Blackburn.

If an hotel is built at Ewood it will be an unwanted burden on the club. One has to be realistic, Rovers apart why would visitors want to be in the area?

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A turn of phrase.

Look, I’m not looking to pick a fight. We are on the same side but if Jack has demolished the RS and rebuilt it people would still have grumbled but it would have got done.

Stands are a very emotive thing - especially for those directly affected - but the RS needs updating sooner rather than later. While we have loads of empty seats it would make sense to start from scratch rather than build around it - especially if there was a hotel attached.

If people have concerns about a different agenda from the administration then that’s a whole different conversation.

34 minutes ago, Paul said:

When did this one about building an hotel resurface? I haven't heard this madness in 10 years.

Speaking as someone who used to travel a lot for work the Ewood area is completely wrong for the business traveller. For leisure purposes one has to ask the question why would a tourist want to visit Blackburn.

If an hotel is built at Ewood it will be an unwanted burden on the club. One has to be realistic, Rovers apart why would visitors want to be in the area?

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The Fernhurst Hotel and Lower Darwen Premier Inn seem to do well...

All the Travelodges/Premier Inns/Holiday Inns along the M65 from Preston to Burnley are regularly booked solid weekdays. Business trade is driving demand.

Edited by MCMC1875