BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

3 hours ago, Paul said:

@pk1875 I think you make some very good points there. I remain to be convinced about weddings and other social events but with the right marketing commercial activities would work. The key though is marketing. I went to numerous events at Old Trafford for no reason other than that was where the event was. The fact it's the home of Utd was irrelevant. The difficulty of course is marketing as Rovers management continue to prove they are poor at marketing football let alone anything else.

A reduced capacity stand would be a plus point.

We've already got a 3 sided ground. If the capacity is reduced by a smaller stand on a full side, it will exacerbate the 3 sided ground appearance.

Edited by MCMC1875

7 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A Hotel,the much mooted Rovers Museum,gym facilities,a day to day community centre,restaurant with a fast food takeaway coupled with outside financial investment in the new Stand with naming rights...the possibilities are endless.

A new 5,000 single tier stand like the Tom Finney at Deepdale to raise it to the height of the BBE and Darwen End...you could even fill in the corners like they have at Turf Moor with dedicated disabled facilities.

Needs some drive and forward thinking..not holding my breath!!

Agree with your post but on the corners, I understood that was a deliberate decision made at the time to benefit the turf?

• Like 1

We had promotion fever around town a year or so ago the 26k turnout showed that.  We responded by tappining into it with an opportunistic raising of prices hoping to boost income significantly whilst there was a brief chance.

Business sense you may say but a real missed trick of boosting numbers properly on a fanbase that had been fed up and on a constant downer and slide for 6 or 7 years.  If they'd got it back to 14k regulars then tried to retain them all the ground would certainly feel a bit better on a matchday now and so would the income.

• Like 1

They were. Loads of people had brought their kids. We took our 3 year old grandson with us. He had a whale of a time running along the front of the stand copying the subs warm up routines and we didn't think he'd paid much attention to the game but he told his mum afterwards that one man kicked the ball and if somebody caught it then lots of other men jumped on him in a big heap. We bought him a rugby ball afterwards and he was immediately running then lying down and passing it back to his grandad. He cried when he had to leave the ground. Doesn't take much at that age to get them interested

Edited by gumboots

Just now, gumboots said:

They were. Loads of people had brought their kids. We took our 3 year old grandson with us. He had a whale of a time running along the front of the stand copying the subs warm up routines and we didn't think he'd paid much attention to the game but he told his mum afterwards that one man kicked the ball and if somebody caught it then lots of other men jumped on him in a big heap. We bought him a rugby ball afterwards and he was immediately running then lying down and passing it back to his grandad. He cried when he had to leave the ground. Doesn't take much at that age to get them interested

Bring him to the game against Luton

21 minutes ago, gumboots said:

He's in Belgium for the weekend but I am thinking of attending myself as it's the first match this season I've been able to attend as we only came home from hols this week. 

Strikers lounge is good for the kids if you get tickets in the family stand there is free face painting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Imagine Rovers trying to tap into World Cup fever - they'd probably put the prices up.

• Like 1

I can't bring my grandson often enough as he's usually doing something with his parents at the weekend anyway. At Sale Sharks it's standing so he can run about in any empty space in front of us. We can see him as the crowd's quite thinly spread so as long as he doesn't go too far away and stays where he can see us, we don't have to watch him all the time. And we're not allowed to bring him too often anyway because his daddy is a Burnley fan so we have, for the sake of family harmony, to refrain from buying him a Rovers shirt or anything like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

its not the best but with a three year old you don't really get to watch the match anyway ( in terms of unbroken viewing )  certainly that's my experience with my daughter who is 3 1/2

Been there. Stick with it, it’s worth it!

Accy Stanley are on their annual shirt giveaway today dishing out free shirts to all Year 3 kids in Hyndburn. Not just Accy but the surrounding towns which are full of Rovers fans.

I get sick of repeating myself but this is another example of where we are falling short. Hyndburn is our territory. Year 3 kids we should be targeting as our next generation of support. Is there a single reason why Stanley can each year do as they are whilst we do nothing?

• Like 3

Coaches outside every Hyndburn primary school I passed on my way to work this morning.

Mystery solved - they're all going to Stanley to get their free shirts from the players. Saw the photos on Twitter - even on a bad day, the children were overjoyed.

So this morning children, maths is cancelled, we're all going to meet the Stanley players and get a free shirt. Great way to increase support.

This is an annual event.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Coaches outside every Hyndburn primary school I passed on my way to work this morning.

Mystery solved - they're all going to Stanley to get their free shirts from the players. Saw the photos on Twitter - even on a bad day, the children were overjoyed.

So this morning children, maths is cancelled, we're all going to meet the Stanley players and get a free shirt. Excellent community relations.

This doesn't add up!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Accy Stanley are on their annual shirt giveaway today dishing out free shirts to all Year 3 kids in Hyndburn. Not just Accy but the surrounding towns which are full of Rovers fans.

I get sick of repeating myself but this is another example of where we are falling short. Hyndburn is our territory. Year 3 kids we should be targeting as our next generation of support. Is there a single reason why Stanley can each year do as they are whilst we do nothing?

Yeah suits sat in a comfort zone getting paid good money regardless and more interested in the corporate quid and in stadium cutbacks to impress their corporate bosses in another country.

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

Been there. Stick with it, it’s worth it!

I intend to and when my sons old enough he'll be coming to, with regards to shirt give aways. When I spoke to Steve Waggott in May he was saying he was looking into giving rovers scarfs away for babies but again nothings actually happened

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

This is an annual event.

On RoversFans.com, Barmitzvah Boy has posted in the "‘Deadwood’: Home Attendances and the Lack of Atmosphere" thread, that the age profile of the season ticket holders in the JW Upper is high.

Stanley, in a lower league, are recruiting youngsters in areas where Rovers draw support from, with no reply from Rovers.

Steve Waggott: "As a club we've done everything we can". I disagree.

Rovers are being beaten hands down by Stanley in the search for new fans.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

I intend to and when my sons old enough he'll be coming to, with regards to shirt give aways. When I spoke to Steve Waggott in May he was saying he was looking into giving rovers scarfs away for babies but again nothings actually happened

Looking into giving scarves for babies? You either do it or discard it. It's a terrible idea anyway. Who dreamt this up?

Edited by MCMC1875

Isn't the draw this Saturday for the lucky ST holder who will win £10K ?

Of course it isn't and this is why the forum minutes are probably delayed being published, because it should tell us the ST sales figures.

Of course there is now £10K going spare in the budget which can buy lots of scarves for babies. Whoever came up with that idea should be sacked for gross incompetance.