BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

5 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

I intend to and when my sons old enough he'll be coming to, with regards to shirt give aways. When I spoke to Steve Waggott in May he was saying he was looking into giving rovers scarfs away for babies but again nothings actually happened

Scarves to babies - what could go wrong? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

This is an annual event.

On RoversFans.com, Barmitzvah Boy has posted in the "‘Deadwood’: Home Attendances and the Lack of Atmosphere" thread, that the age profile of the season ticket holders in the JW Upper is high.

Stanley, in a lower league, are recruiting youngsters in areas where Rovers draw support from, with no reply from Rovers.

Steve Waggott: "As a club we've done everything we can". I disagree.

Rovers are being beaten hands down by Stanley in the search for new fans.

It’s outrageous really.

We've let Burnley and Preston overtake us, will Stanley be next? They are certainly going the right way about it.

They are playing a long game to encourage new fans to attend, while Rovers are playing a short one, making as much as they can out of the ones they already have. While questioning the “commitment“ of Ewood Park stay-always.

• Like 5

I asked Waggott last week what efforts the club was making in non Blackburn catchment areas like South Ribble, Hyndburn and Rossendale to grow our support. His response wasn't clear but he said that the budget might not accommodate putting free buses on to games from all those places. In my view missing the point entirely.

Just now, JHRover said:

I asked Waggott last week what efforts the club was making in non Blackburn catchment areas like South Ribble, Hyndburn and Rossendale to grow our support. His response wasn't clear but he said that the budget might not accommodate putting free buses on to games from all those places. In my view missing the point entirely.

Nobody's asking for free buses. People would be prepared to pay £3 return in Blackburn and Darwen and £5 return in Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, Rossendale and South Ribble. However the club seem incapable of coordinating anything.

• Like 1

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Nobody's asking for free buses. People would be prepared to pay £3 return in Blackburn and Darwen and £5 return in Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, Rossendale and South Ribble. However the club seem incapable of coordinating anything.

We pay £3.50 return from Darwen and these buses are organised independently by a couple of fans. It's hassle free and hugely beneficial with no parking to look for and getting dropped off and picked up within a few minutes walk of Ewood. From the clubs perspective organising buses could encourage more supporters particularly the old and infirm and it's helps to keep the Ewood area less congested. 

If Rovers are serious about increasing the fan base they have to drive initiatives and not rely solely on fans.

Surely too, you could trial it say from now to Christmas in one area. Then extend it if its successful. It's what most places do. Sale sharks have offered free transport from the Trafford centre for years but only this season has it really taken off so that on Saturday they had double deckers on a shuttle run to 2 different points. Sometimes you have to find cash, invest and see what happens. I understand that free buses aren't necessarily possible at Rovers and there is no convenient starting point like the trafford centre with free parking for people to aim for. However, pick ups at Clitheroe and Whalley bus stations plus a stop in langho and wilpshire at a reasonable price shouldn't be beyond doing and I'm sure it's the same for the other areas mentioned 

A coach runs from Rishton Cricket Club for £5 every game or you can pay for half a season.

A coach runs from the Station pub, Rishton for £5 every game.

A coach runs from Sydney Street Club, Accrington.

3 coaches run from Darwen for £3.50 every game (Craven Heifer, Greenfield & Spinners?).

That's it. Plenty of gaps to fill.

Going with friends or family is habit forming.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

That's what I thought. Madness and a waste of money.

It was one thing they were looking at to try and get an identity to the club, I don't see whats wrong with it, its cheaper than sending shirts out!. Tbh I think its like many things lots of idea's then nothing actually happens

• Like 1

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

It was one thing they were looking at to try and get an identity to the club, I don't see whats wrong with it, its cheaper than sending shirts out!. Tbh I think its like many things lots of idea's then nothing actually happens

Babies are too young surely. Stanley are targetting the right age group and their initiative creates a presence with youngsters seen wearing their shirts in the area during the week. You're hardly likely to see bbies wearing their scarves during the week.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

I think the boat has been missed. The only way to get fans back is to improve the football and get into the top half of the premier league. This can’t happen under Mowbray or the current owners (unless they get very lucky with the next chap)

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Babies are too young surely. Stanley are targetting the right age group.

If they actually progressed this idea into a bit of a gimmick, with automatic registration as a junior rover with a romper suit and bib etc, I think it’s one idea to put in place......you need about 20 little ideas to increase/sustain the overall long term fanbase 

On 24/09/2019 at 02:42, gumboots said:

I can't bring my grandson often enough as he's usually doing something with his parents at the weekend anyway. At Sale Sharks it's standing so he can run about in any empty space in front of us. We can see him as the crowd's quite thinly spread so as long as he doesn't go too far away and stays where he can see us, we don't have to watch him all the time. And we're not allowed to bring him too often anyway because his daddy is a Burnley fan so we have, for the sake of family harmony, to refrain from buying him a Rovers shirt or anything like that. 

Bit disturbing this! I assume your daughter knows she has a 50% interest in their child. So I hope she is insisting that the lad never sets foot in t'Turd and that he never wears that bilious, toxic shirt? It'll end in tears!

• Like 5

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

An under 5's scarf will not create the same presence/visual impact in the area that a replica shirt will.

Maybe not but it creates a link lets not be naïve getting a shirt from Stanley isn't going to turn the vast majority into Stanley fans. Again its nott something the club are actively doing so its hard to criticize  

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think the boat has been missed. The only way to get fans back is to improve the football and get into the top half of the premier league. This can’t happen under Mowbray or the current owners (unless they get very lucky with the next chap)

I feel you're absolutely correct. PL football is the only thing which will now have a significant impact on our gates.

Where I would disagree is on Mowbray who I think has a decent chance of gaining promotion. It will probably require some good fortune, perhaps a following wind, but I can see it happening.

The owners? I think they would "invest" should the club be promoted. I've no idea what our minimum income would be in the PL. Given the chance to get their money back and possibly sell us as a PL club might well tempt them to try to ensure we stay there.

7 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

Stanley can afford it.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Are Stanley not in a far better financial position to Rovers ?

i.e. not losing £1million per month

Both situations down to respective owners.

500 kids shirts will be a small investment (not gift) for Holt but we "don't have the budget for it".

Maybe. More likely we would rather take the mark up on shirts from existing fans than take the hit of the cost price on new fans.

It would certainly be consistent.

• Like 1

$heriff Waggott of Blackburn

Collecting taxes from the poor to give to the rich.

Stealing the heritage of East Lancs children by letting them wear Stanley shirts and not follow The Rovers.

Depriving East Lancs babies of their heritage and Rovers scarves. ?

Destroying the lives of East Lancs pensioners who can't get to Ewood because he won't help organise local buses and force the opening of Ewood car parks.

"We are doing all we can (to destroy the club) but we don't have the budget for it"

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 2

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Stanley make a profit.

Every initiative will cost money so I guess we’d better just give up.

Right now we are doing very little, if anything, meaningful to bring new fans in.

The alternative is just to accept year on year price increases which just means we’ll have fewer and fewer on.

Or get promoted.

• Like 2